My spell check isn't finding misspelled words. What do I do?

  • Follow

It seems like the spell check feature is turned off.  How do I get it to
work?  Why did it suddenly stop spell-checking?
0
Reply Utf 3/2/2010 4:17:01 PM

Check to make sure it is turned on. Go to Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar
tab,
and under Spelling make sure the options you want are checked. Click okay.
If it doesn't activate right away, close and reopen your document.

"injurylawyer" wrote:

> It seems like the spell check feature is turned off.  How do I get it to
> work?  Why did it suddenly stop spell-checking?
0
Reply Utf 3/2/2010 4:43:02 PM

The two most common reasons (that I've seen) are that (1) the language of a
section is set to "Do not check," or (2) somebody who was in the document
before you has run the spell checker and has marked those words as correct.
That means that you need to either uncheck the "Do not check" box under your
language tools, or you need to click the "Recheck Document" button under your
spelling and grammar settings.

The way to change those things varies on which version of Word you're using.

Jerry

"injurylawyer" wrote:

> It seems like the spell check feature is turned off.  How do I get it to
> work?  Why did it suddenly stop spell-checking?
0
Reply Utf 3/2/2010 4:46:03 PM

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"injurylawyer" <injurylawyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It seems like the spell check feature is turned off.  How do I get it to
> work?  Why did it suddenly stop spell-checking?

0
Reply Suzanne 3/2/2010 6:45:54 PM

(page loaded in 0.31 seconds)