My cursor keeps moving around in a document while I'm typing

When I'm typing in a document, whether it is word, excel or email, etc...  my
cursor will jump to another part of the document and may begin typing over
text or at the end of the document.  Very frustrating.  Any answers would be
appreciated.

LN wrote:
> When I'm typing in a document, whether it is word, excel or email, etc...  my
> cursor will jump to another part of the document and may begin typing over
> text or at the end of the document.  Very frustrating.  Any answers would be
> appreciated.

not a Word problem, then.

Using a notebook and inadvertently touching the touchpad would be my
first guess here ...

HTH
Robert
--
  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
  \ /                        |  MVP |     Scientific Reports

Is there away to keep Excel from opening a copy of an already opened workbook and the pages not be at 100% but
at the zoom the already opened workbook is at? Marc Marc It's probably the version of Excel that you are using. I have Excel 2002, and the zoom factor is saved with the file so when you re-open it doesn't revert to 100%. I suspect you are running an older version that doesn't support this. Catherine -- CDM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CDM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32339 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516597 ...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

xml document format for excel
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of xml documentation for excel. I need to be able to produce xml files that are readable by excel and would like a doc set that defines all of the xml tags/params for excel If I understand you correctly, I think this is what you're looking for: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexcl2k2/html/odc_xlsmlinss.asp John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093801c3a301$9483db70$a001280a@phx.gbl......

I cannot open other Publisher documents sent to me. Why not?
When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any suggestions? I assume you have Publisher. Which version? Which version were the files created in? What specifically is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rafe" <rafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26762730-9244-4183-9A9A-D051D53F7C12@microsoft.com... > When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any > suggestions? JoAnn Paules wrote: > I assume you have Publisher. JoAnn, JoAnn, JoAnn... What have I told you about assum...

Install Office 2008 and keep Office 2004
I have a full licence for Office 2004 and have purchased the student &amp; teacher edition of Office 2008. I'm obviously entitled to have them both on the same Mac ...... is this possible &amp; if so how? reluctant to start an installation until I know how best to proceed.<br> <br> TIA <MacChap@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have a full licence for Office 2004 and have purchased the student > &amp; teacher edition of Office 2008. I'm obviously entitled to have > them both on the same Mac ...... is this possible &amp; if so how? > reluctant ...

Message I keep recieving
I have a message from the system tray that comes up 3 to 6 times after rebooting that states: 'you have files waiting to be burned to disk'. It points to some files on a small partition of my external terabyte USB hard disk. Question is since I don't care to back them up is how do I get this message to keep from coming up. Bob Try here: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/193886-you-have-files-waiting-burned-disc-stop-message.html ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 10 May 2010 13:49:17 -0500,...

Too much delay after moving mailbox to other server
Hi! I'm in the process of migrating all my mailbox to new server. I do it batch by batch. I just notice, that when an someone sends an email (thru internet address / smtp) to a mailbox that was already been moved to new server, it takes time before he received the message compare with sending from an organization. Is this normal? Btw, Iam using Exchange 5.5 Std Edition SP4 on Winnt 4.0 SP6 and Win2K SP4 on two servers. Mark "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote: >Hi! > >I'm in the process of migrating all my mailbox to new server. I do it batch >by batch. I...

What is the best template to keep track of all the utility bills..
Im in property management. How can I keep track of all the bills I pay for all my buildings. e.g. Peoples Energy, Com Ed, etc ...

Correct Investment Type
Money 2004 Deluxe believes one of my mutual funds is a single stock. How do I change the type of investment so that the fund will be correctly identified as such? I do not find any area in the program to do so. In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >Money 2004 Deluxe believes one of my mutual funds is a >single stock. How do I change the type of investment so >that the fund will be correctly identified as such? I do >not find any area in the program to do so. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details, remove th...

Translating a document in word xp
i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to portuguese?is it possible with word xp? Duarte Bruges wrote: > i'm having some provblems translating a document in english to > portuguese?is it possible with word xp? You appear to be needing an urgent trip to the optician - please, put on your glasses and have another look at the topic of this group. See 'Word' mentioned anywhere there - No? Then I suggest you repost in the correct place. -- Perdita X. Dream Please help us to help you http://groups.google.com http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www....

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

Business Portal Deployment work around.
You may want to file this post as an example of "In the wake of a mistake". I was working for a client that was upgrading from 7.5 to 9.0 and I was three thousand miles away. I created the new server with SQL 2005 and installed GP 9.0. We had a more "Local" extension of our GP practice go to the site, to complete the migration. For sure, I always install SQL using DOCI 1252. The project document did not indicate that the old server was using a binary sort order. It's been a while since I've seen a binary sort order out there but I guess there are st...

Word: Displaying warning messages when certain numbers are typed?
Here's an idea that's stumping me in Word 2003/2007. The idea is needed for a busy clinical service. We'd like to implement some sort of check that warns the user if a potentially wrong number is entered. For instance, for something like a patient's estimated total body volume, we'd like word to flash a warning (or just highlight the word) if someone accidentally enters a low number, like 50 mL. Is there any way to do this, even if extra plugins are required? One thought was to include something like "Total body water: 50" in the dictionary, but the...

moving emails out of Outlook
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help ... I need to move emails out of Outlook and into various folders on my C drive. I have given it a try and when I drag an email out of Outlook and drop it into a folder on my C directory (viewed via an Explorer window), the email is listed with date created and date modified as the date I moved the email into the folder, not the date of the email itself. This makes it difficult to file or find specific emails. Is there any way of getting the emails to list with the actual original received date, just as they do when listed in Outlook? I&...

random folder keeps appearing on my desktop
okay, so ever since the last album i ripped - after creating a new folder for it on my desktop - every time i use WMP, i now have that same folder pop up on my desktop with the album title. it's empty and causes no harm, but it's a damn annoyance! it doesnt matter what i play on WMP or how many times i delete the folder, it keeps REAPPEARING! any help?! thanks in advance! What version of WMP and Windows? Perhaps the rip music location is set to your desktop folder? You can change this location in WMP's Options - Rip Music. Is your desktop folder being monit...

move office from an old laptop to a new laptop
I have an old laptop that is dying. I bought a new laptop and want to move Office from the old unit to the new one. The version of Office on the old laptop is one I purchased (didn't come with the computer). Please advise on how to move the software. I think I can get the product key from the old computer but can't locate the original software cds. Thanks Without cds, you're out of luck. Start here: How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 "Rob DeBruin" <Rob DeBruin@discussions....

cannot type the product key !!!
Hi All, I am trying to install Office 2003 and everything goes fine till the Product key screen. I am not able to type anyhting there and so i am not able to install Office 2003. Please help !!! Are the fields greyed out? Can't you click in it? Can you use the TAB key to get there? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "masroor" <v_2masra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uH%23VK6RREHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I am trying to insta...

Move To Other Folder and Move Items To Folder size
My Move Items to Folder size is quire small. Now I have a lot of folders to move my received e-mails to and I would like to make the dialog bigger (so I would not have to move the scrolling bars so much), but I do not know how to enlarge it (how comes that it does not have the arrows in the sides and corners to stretch it, like the other Windows arrows?). How to make it bigger? Thanks in advance. Version of Outlook? AFAIK, it cannot be resized. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: htt...

keeping formulas static when cutitng and pasting associated cell data
Hello, I have a column with a repeated formula working out something. The formula accesses data in the same row in other columns - e.g this goes down one column (this is from row 619): =IF(D619<>"",D619-SUM(G619:AB619)-$N$2, IF(C619<>"",E617+C619-SUM(G619:AB619), E617 - SUM(G619:AB619))) When I cut and paste cells in the column referenced by the formula cell, Excel changes the formula accordingly messing everything up. In frustration I want to change all references to have '$' before them e.g. $D$619 but to do this by hand would take many many hours d...

How to keep mail from being opened
For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. Thanks "46erjoe" <46erjoe@whoknows.net> wrote in message news:k3iav1hevcknhtt2o626gh8a66shi25637@4ax.com... > For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without > having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open > automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. > Thanks As noted by the title for this newsgr...

Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?
Hi everyone, Why you lose hyperlinks when you move a sheet with hyperlinks from one workbook to another!? How can you go around that please? Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Please give an example and your links and your version of Excel. If you have sheets that refer to other sheets in the workbook would suggest that you copy them together to the new workbook rather than individually. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm &...

Which type of chart would you suggest to use?
Hi all, I have a group of users with cost utilization data for each year from 2001 to 2003 and also network data side by side. I'd like to use Excel chart to display the trends. The following is my sample data, Can anyone give me some idea what type of chart I should use? or if you have any sample chart that I can look at? Thanks for all your help in advance!!! Jenny UserID 2001 2001Net 2002 2002Net 2003 2003Net A 14.09 13 15.64 14.5 16.85 15.4 B 6.56 13 9.78 14.5 9.92 15.4 C 5 13 7 14.5 8 15.4 D 3.25 13 3.04 14.5 3.15 15.4 E 8.9 13 4.8 14.5 7.8 15.4 F 6.26 13 6.07 14.5 6.38 15.4 G 1...

Why is my printer not responding to print a word document
MY PRINTER RETEATEDLY GOES FROM PRINTIN G WORD DOC. AND THEN STATES "PRINTER NOT RESPONDING" ... WHEN I COMMAND IT TO PRINT. WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO CORRECTING THIS AND NOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN AGAIN. NOTE - COMPUTER, HARD DIVE AND PRINTER ARE NEW IN 2009 Not a Word issue. Contact your printer manufacturer for support. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SEAN DUCKETT" <SEAN DUCKETT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB77398-B7CF-49E4-8D87-5D...

move mailbox keeps repeating the move
I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5 server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server. The move starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the move over again. The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size). I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if there is something else wrong with the transfer. Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs? On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >I am attempting to move a mailbox from my mi...