multiple watermarks

I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody suggest a
way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
Kind Regards

A watermark is nothing more nor less than a washed-out graphic anchored to
the header. If you unlink headers in the different sections, you can insert
different watermarks. See “HOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in
Microsoft Word 2000” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324 and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"freelancer" <freelancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
> allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody
> suggest a
> way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
> Kind Regards

1
Suzanne
4/6/2010 12:49:12 PM
Here's an approach I just tried... and it worked in Word 2010 beta--I
presume it would work in Word 2007 as well.

1. Insert section breaks corresponding to where you'll need different
watermarks, and turn off Link to Previous in each subsequent document
section's header.

2. Display the clipboard so it can contain multiple items (unless you just
want two watermarks).

3. Use the watermark feature to create a watermark, and copy it to the
clipboard.

4. Repeat step 3 until you have the desired watermarks stored in different
clipboard items.

5. On each page, replace the watermark that's showing with the one that you
want to use.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"freelancer" <freelancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
> allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody
> suggest a
> way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
> Kind Regards

0
Herb

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...

One alert for multiple users???
I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives from a particular individual. I would like this alert to be sent to everyone who is sharing this folder. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ann asked: | I have a rule set up to send an alert to myself when mail arrives | from a part...

Multiplication of multiple cells
I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel. I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number of meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that number by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60 How can I do this? how about =sum(a1...a17)*1.60 where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price you are mentioning... "Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204DFC78-1258-473C-B180-C431A2067A3B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put my school dinner regi...

Outlook 2002 message being sent multiple times
Outlook 2002 (XP) E-mail messages not making thier way to "sent items". They are being sent multiple times (irritates recipients and I can't tell if the message gets sent at all, or multiple times). During the "send / Recieve" process, about every minute outlook goes through another "send" routine even though the last one may not be complete and w/o me directing it. I think I have the settings correct, but perhaps not. Any ideas? .. Hi, Goto the properties ofthe account and then remove the check mark next to "Leave a copy of the message on t...

Multiple files
I have six files. Each one with 65535 lines. The most excell will hold per sheet. What I need to do is to load all six files into one workbook with each file being in its own sheet. How do I do this? Thanks. Clayton, Easiest way is probably to open the files and Copy the worksheets to the same workbook. Right click on the worksheet tab and select Move Or Copy, select the Copy option then select New Workbook for the first one and since that should be Book1, select Book1 for the remainder. While I can't say for sure, it would seem that the workbook will be slow to calculate and it may...

view multiple files in multiple windows on multiple screens.
I have two monitors and like to have two documents open and maximized at the same time to compate and what not. I can do this in Word but not in Excel nor Powerpoint. "Windows in the Taskbar" doens't do this. It's got to be an option or something. I was able to do this in Excel in the past. I don't use multiple monitors. But there have been a few posts that starting separate instances of excel will do what you want. To be able to start a second instance, you can create a new shortcut on your desktop that points to excel.exe. Then use file|open to open any workb...