multiple watermarks

I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody suggest a
way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
Kind Regards

A watermark is nothing more nor less than a washed-out graphic anchored to
the header. If you unlink headers in the different sections, you can insert
different watermarks. See “HOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in
Microsoft Word 2000” at and

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"freelancer" <> wrote in message
>I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
> allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody
> suggest a
> way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
> Kind Regards

4/6/2010 12:49:12 PM
Here's an approach I just tried... and it worked in Word 2010 beta--I
presume it would work in Word 2007 as well.

1. Insert section breaks corresponding to where you'll need different
watermarks, and turn off Link to Previous in each subsequent document
section's header.

2. Display the clipboard so it can contain multiple items (unless you just
want two watermarks).

3. Use the watermark feature to create a watermark, and copy it to the

4. Repeat step 3 until you have the desired watermarks stored in different
clipboard items.

5. On each page, replace the watermark that's showing with the one that you
want to use.

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"freelancer" <> wrote in message
> I wish to have multiple watermarks in one document but Word seems to only
> allow one regardless of how many sections there are.  Could anybody
> suggest a
> way in which I could have different watermarks in different sections?  All
> Kind Regards

Multiple GROUP BY in a SELECT
Hi I am trying to do something simple but failing. I am trying to get aggregate data with different conditions in a SQL query. That is, with a table date,fooA,fooB, I want to output rows containing year, average fooA (where fooB=1) average fooA (where fooB=2) average fooA (where fooB=3) group by year(date) The tests I need on fooB are rather more complex but this is essentially what I am after, but can't break it down into a single query. UNION merges rows from different queries and I want to merge columns! "Xmas" <> wrote in message n...

Multiple Queries to Multiple Reports
I have a database that tracks cadets that will commission into the military and they are broken into their year groups. My problem is that to generate a report for each year group I need a seperate query for each year group so I have multiple reports and multiple queries in my database. I'm trying to figure out a way to eliminate all those quieres down to one query and report so when I click the button to bring up the report a box will open up asking me to type in the year of commission and then the report will only show those cadets commissioning in that year. Any hel...

How to import multiple distributions with Integration Manager
I'm new to GP and IM so bear with me, please. I'm trying to import a CSV file with detailed credit card expenses. I want to import this as one journal entry (for the total amount against one account) and each line item from the file should be a separate distribution of that journal to the associated account from the file. I just don't see a way to do this: if I use a General Journal I get one journal for every line in the file and I can only specify one account. If I use Fixed Allocation or Variable Allocation, there is no place to specify the amount. Its sort of like a spl...

Create Multiple Bugdets within a Fiscal Year
We have a client looking to create multiple budgets under one year, is this possible with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0? Yes On Wed, 10 May 2006 12:31:02 -0700, Lisa <> wrote: >We have a client looking to create multiple budgets under one year, is this >possible with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0? You can have an unlimited number of budgets for the same fiscal year. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Lisa" <> wrote in message > We have a client lookin...

Multiple namespaces
Hi, Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="" xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> Can someone help me out. Thanks in Advance Curious wrote: > Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? > <rdf:RDF > xmlns:rdf="" > xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> That is a start tag of an element with local name RDF, prefix rdf bound to the namespace URI

Multiple email aliases but emails sent to always show same display
Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, any emails sent to one of them always show being sent to the users display name so theres no easy way to tell exactly what email address it was sent to. Does anyone know what we can do? Only thing I can thing of is creating separate AD accounts for this emails but that is a way too long winded. Thanks In, Monkey <> typed: > Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, > any emails sent to one of the...

Multiple Update values in one query
Can I use multiple values in one update query to update one field based on a value in the field. I have a field that can have 5 possible codes (0,1,2,3,8) and I would like to run one update query (I know I can write 5 different, but hope can do in one) to change these values to their actual device equivalants, for easier to read. If value = 0 then Pollcat II, value 1 Pollcat III, value 2 Netlink, value 3 CC3, value 8 FTP. Is there a way to do a Case type statement in an update query? Thanks in advance Kenny A. On Jul 6, 1:26 pm, Kenny A. <> w...

Setting up multiple accounts

Delete contact from multiple distribution lists
Hi, I manage multiple distribution lists, and often have to remove a contact from myriad distro lists. Is there any way to pull this off without having to delete the contact from each list individually? I'm using Exchange 2003. Not that I know of - by the way, Exchange questions can be asked in = --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Stockmoose16 asked: | Hi, |=20 | I manage...

Forward generic email to multiple accounts?
Hi! We have several "generic" email accounts; "", "", etc. We need to make sure several different individuals receive any email sent to these accounts. The forwarding feature in the user account properties only permits one address as a forwarded recipient. Permitting users to "also check these mailboxes" in Outlook seems to direct the email to whomever checks the generic mailbox first. How do we get mail the generic mail to several people simutaneously?? Thanks! create a mailing list and forward to that list "S...

Multiple (two) back-end MDB's.
How does one go about structuring the concatenation of back-end DB's? That is, for example, a single application that has one back-end that is common at each of multiple locations and a ("site") second back-end that is peculiar to each of those locations. The common mdb would desirably be read only while the "site" mdb would be updateable. Given that there's a straight forward answer to this question, my next question would be how to create the common mdb based on a query of a "master" DB. (The "master" location being the point of ...

How do I add .htm to every link in a worksheet? Multiple hyperlinks+targets
I have about 500 hyperlinks in my worksheets. An example of 1 of th links = "..dvd/1994/940602" As you can see, i forgot to use the file extension i wanted to link t (*.htm) Is there a way to edit 500 links by automatically adding .ht to each one with out me going the manual route. i "..dvd/1994/940602.htm" Also how do i change the "_parent" to "main" so all the links open i the main window, and not just a new page. When i have the page saved as html, i can go in find and replace i wordpad which easily changes the links (searched on "target =...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen 1. Turn off...

**Multiple offices multiple deposits**
We have a number of offices that prepare their own deposits and take this cash to the bank. We are in the process of rolling GP out to these offices through Terminal Server and wonder how other multi office companies deal with this. When having multiple people creating multiple receipts and deposits within GP, how do you handle it so that each receipt/check is easily recognizable by the person who is inputting the deposit? Thanks in advance for your advise! Gail Richner Gail: You can have each person doing Cash Receipts or Bank Transactions code the Receipt number/Transaction numb...

Creating multiple html tables for products
I am using Excel 2007. I have 5 columns as illustrated below - (Table Description has no rows yet) CTwt. Size Metal Jewelers cost Table Description 5 10 Tungsten 31 4 10.5 Tungsten 35 2 11 Tungsten 50 10 11.5 Tungsten 20 8 12 Tungsten 15 5 12.5 Tungsten 50 6 13 Tungsten 45 I need to create html table code for hundreds of products similar to above. (The html table code below is from a different product than the 5 columned format example above) (This html table code is from a different product than the 5 columned example above) <DIV class="ProductDetailsTabs"> <...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

view multiple files in multiple windows on multiple screens.
I have two monitors and like to have two documents open and maximized at the same time to compate and what not. I can do this in Word but not in Excel nor Powerpoint. "Windows in the Taskbar" doens't do this. It's got to be an option or something. I was able to do this in Excel in the past. I don't use multiple monitors. But there have been a few posts that starting separate instances of excel will do what you want. To be able to start a second instance, you can create a new shortcut on your desktop that points to excel.exe. Then use file|open to open any workb...

Multiple outlook desktop client installation is required for share
Hi all, I have a shared workstation which 2 users use in shifts (day shift, night shift). I want both of users to use MS CRM. I have 2 seperate Outlook profies for them. Do I need to istall Outlook desktop client 2 times(once for each user) OR just one installation of the desktop client will be sufficient? Please help. Thanks in advance, -Imran Yes, you will need to install the Outlook client for each user. You will need to log on separately as each user to install it, and they will need local admin rights on the machine while you install it. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-msc...

multiple charts #8
Hello, I have 100 series on my spreadsheet and I need to make a chart for each one. How do I make it in one shot? I have data ordered in four columns A to D. A= Serial number B,C,D= Data Thanks for your reply. Thanks for your reply. In fact i have Excel 2007. I tried your advice but how do you modify the code? Thanks again for your answer. "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > The only way to do this in 1 shot is with code. > If you have xl2003 or older you can create the first chart whilst recording > your actions. > Then modify the code to process the remaining ...

Multiple barcodes for same item?
Can I have multiple barcodes for the same item? I don't necessarily want to use my suppliers UPC as the ILC as that's not how I order from them in the first place. They've got their own unique 'item number' that I want to use as the ILC that I'd also like to use as my barcode under the 128A format (some item numbers involve a few alphanumerics). Can I have both the supplier UPC and my ILC/128A codes listed for the same item and scan in either at the POS? Thanks, Johan i think what you probably want to try is using the item reorder number on the supplier tab...

Concatenating multiple mail (*.msg) files
Hello friends, Could someone please tell me an easy way to merge a few dozen messages into one long *.msg or *.doc file? In other words, I have a folder containing 50 messages and I would like to join all the messages together sequentially into one long message with out having to insert each message at the end in word by hand. Thanks David Berrigan -- David Berrigan Try "help copy" in a command shell. For example, c:\> copy source1+source2+source3 destination Earle "David Berrigan" <> escr...

Import Multiple Contacts in Accounts Outl 2003 BCM
I have Access 2003 and like to import companies in ACCOUNTS and Table Persons in CONTACTS. BuIn Access there is the standard CustomerID link,but how to have One company and several related persons into the Bus.Contact Manager Outlook 2003. Thanks for any help. William Rippen. ...

Multiple Control Sources
Hello, Is it possible to have a field with a control source that is not the control source of the rest of the report? I need to be able to put the date in the report header (and I have multiple reports, so I don't want to have to do this manually every time I update) and I would like the control source to be from a separate table with just the date field. So far every time I change the control source for one field in the report, it changes it for the rest of them. Thanks! BK wrote: >Is it possible to have a field with a control source that is not the control >source of the...

How to, multiple contacts
How do I create a mailing list so I can send the same email to multiple recipients at one time. I'd like to give the group a name and then just choose it like I would any other person in my contacts folder. I'm using Outlook 2000 Thanks, Don............ Three choices: 1. Distribution Lists 2. Separate Contact Subfolders 3. Categories The first is simple, easy and explained in any Help file. It's fine for short list that you don't mind maintaining manually. DL's aren't reliable or robust and have no features. You can compare the other 2 choices (which most seasone...

Multiple Databases Open
I am working with Access 2002. I have a database with a button on the Switchboard that opens a Word mail merge using an Access query for the data. It is set to merge the letters for the records in the query when it opens. This works fine for me but when the other user clicks the button it opens a second copy of the database. Has anyone had this problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance. I have seen this also. It still works so I just ignored it. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Ann&qu...