Inserting a formula into a Word Table

  • Follow

How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?
0
Reply Utf 2/16/2010 3:20:01 PM

Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For
example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2.

To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9
to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use
Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9.

Note that table calculations are easier if you make use of an embedded Excel
spreadsheet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jontimber" <jontimber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word
> Table
> so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
> pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

0
Reply Stefan 2/16/2010 3:36:09 PM

Hi jontimber,

To see how to do a wide range of calculations in Word, whether using tables or otherwise, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial,
at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod

"jontimber" <jontimber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6BC403-75FB-41F1-844E-C333CCE2254D@microsoft.com...
> How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
> so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
> pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

0
Reply macropod 2/16/2010 8:56:25 PM

(page loaded in 1.102 seconds)

Reply: