Inserting a formula into a Word Table

How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For
example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2.

To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9
to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use
Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9.

Note that table calculations are easier if you make use of an embedded Excel
spreadsheet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jontimber" <jontimber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word
> Table
> so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
> pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

0
Stefan
2/16/2010 3:36:09 PM
Hi jontimber,

To see how to do a wide range of calculations in Word, whether using tables or otherwise, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial,
at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod

"jontimber" <jontimber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6BC403-75FB-41F1-844E-C333CCE2254D@microsoft.com...
> How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table
> so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to
> pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula?

0
macropod

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Insert trigger

How do I prevent duplicate entry of a sku in a data table?
I want to keep folks from entering the same sku into a table (i.e. like data validation does for other parameters). Assume that you want to restrict the users from typing the duplicate values in A Column. Place the cursor in A1 cell and press Cntrl+Spacebar which will selecte the A Column. Keep in mind that the active cell should be A1 cell. (Active cell will have a white background after selection also) Data >>Validation>>Settings>>Validation Criteria>>Allow>>Custom>> and in Formula paste this =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1 Data>>Validatio...

PROTECTING FORMULAS #2
I have a sheet where when opened, it runs an auto macro to move cell contents from one column to another and uses a formula to do some calculations. If I select the columns I want unlocked, then protect the sheet and try to run the macro, I get an "run time error 1004 unable to set the numberformat property of the range class" When I debug the following is highlightd "Selection.NumberFormat = ";;;" " I was a Lotus user and in Lotus I could select a range of cells or columns to protect, I'm having a hard time to get Excel to do the same. I appreciate th...

Change operater in Excel formula
Hello, depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to "X <> Y". Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ? Thank you in advance. Merry Christmas, H.G. Lamy You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for something like this... =IF(<<your condition>>,<<formula with x=y>>,<<formula with x<>y>>) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "H.G. Lamy" <Enterplan@web.de> wrote in message news:upAoGxlhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

How do I unlock my keyboard on Word?
Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Either: it is a trial version that has expired Or the application has not been activated Regards, -- Brian McCaffery "j1234" wrote: > Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: > "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no > idea what's wrong. Help! ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Colour numbers within my formulae
I have been playing around with the '&' function, allowing me to mix text with calculations and cell references. I have the following at the moment: ="Of the "&TEXT(J954,"�#,0.00")&" made this year, I have managed to save "&TEXT(100/J954*J955, "#,#0.0")&"%" Which gives me a cell displaying the following: Of the �0.00 made this year, I have managed to save 0.0% What I would like to do is show the numbers (�0.00; 0.0%) in the colour blue. I don't want to add conditional formatting, just apply a colour so t...

Font in Formula Bar
Greetings... I just started using Microsoft 2003. In Excel, I can't read text that is in the Formula Bar because it is i a weird small font. I looked everywhere to figure out how to change th font in the Formula Bar, but i can't find it anywhere. What font does it use? Is it based on an option in Microsoft or is i based on something to do with the Desktop settings...i've looke everywhere for an answer to this. Thanks for any help. jdkuhndo -- jdkuhndo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jdkuhndog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

protecting formulas
I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet whil still allowing users to put in new data. Is there a way to do this? am using excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cherilyn unlock the cells where you want input and then protect the sheet with a password. Format | Cells... | Protection tab | Locked = false (not ticked) Regards Trevor "Cherilyn >" <<Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Cherilyn.16krpe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to find a way to protect formulas on a spreadsheet while ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

financial excel formula
Trying to use excel to determine the % return on a stock from the tim you purchase until you sell, adjusted for time. ie., key in Pv o money today; input Fv or (the selling price); enter the amount of tim expressed in months or years (N); calc the rate of return %? p $50.00 FV $74.00 N 3 years % return =??? using a texas instruments ba-35 calculator th answer is 13.96%. Can't get this out of excel, any suggestions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RATE(3;0;-50;74) The financial function follow the rule that incoming and outgoing money are different in sign. Hence...

how to insert data in a table

Change to formula
I am using this formula to display the current date on a sheet, I require it to show the actual day before, what do I need to change. =IF(AND(B6="",B4<>""),NOW(),IF(AND(B4<>"",B6<>""),B6,"")) =IF(AND(B6="",B4<>""),TODAY()-1,IF(AND(B4<>"",B6<>""),B6,"")) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F920C16-159A-478D-AEC3-81BD6ABC5...

How to chart a series of formulas?
Hi, does anyone know how to chart a series of formulas? I currently chart cells in column C. Each cell in column C contains a formula - "=A1+B1", "=A2+B2", "=A3+B3", etc. I would like to do away with column C and just get the chart to calculate the values that are being displayed automatically. How can you do this? Thanks Marcus - Charts aren't that smart, and worksheet ranges are pretty cheap. Compute the data in the worksheet, and plot the column with the formulas. Of course, you could name your ranges (Adata and Bdata) by selecting each range, ty...