Insert page number in one click

  • Follow

OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007 that I
have to click three different times to insert a page number at the current
location in my header (Page number, Current position, Plain number). Is there
any way I can create a shortcut or macro to just skip right to Plain Number
and have the page number inserted right there? Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 11/19/2009 2:56:13 PM

Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to insert the
page number at the cursor

Sub InsPageNo()
    Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _
        PreserveFormatting:=False
    ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
End Sub

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

mbefl2 wrote:
> OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007
> that I have to click three different times to insert a page number at
> the current location in my header (Page number, Current position,
> Plain number). Is there any way I can create a shortcut or macro to
> just skip right to Plain Number and have the page number inserted
> right there? Thanks!

0
Reply Graham 11/19/2009 3:03:18 PM

It's even quicker to use the built-in shortcut: Alt+Shift+P (assigned to the
InsertPageField command).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to insert the
> page number at the cursor
>
> Sub InsPageNo()
>    Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _
>        PreserveFormatting:=False
>    ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
> End Sub
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> mbefl2 wrote:
>> OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007
>> that I have to click three different times to insert a page number at
>> the current location in my header (Page number, Current position,
>> Plain number). Is there any way I can create a shortcut or macro to
>> just skip right to Plain Number and have the page number inserted
>> right there? Thanks!

0
Reply Stefan 11/19/2009 3:18:47 PM

Hmmm. That brings up Media Player for me? But if it works - it is certainly
simpler than a macro ;)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Stefan Blom wrote:
> It's even quicker to use the built-in shortcut: Alt+Shift+P (assigned
> to the InsertPageField command).
>

> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to
>> insert the page number at the cursor
>>
>> Sub InsPageNo()
>>    Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _
>>        PreserveFormatting:=False
>>    ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>> End Sub
>>
>> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> mbefl2 wrote:
>>> OK, I admit it: I'm lazy. I'm finding it very annoying in Word 2007
>>> that I have to click three different times to insert a page number
>>> at the current location in my header (Page number, Current position,
>>> Plain number). Is there any way I can create a shortcut or macro to
>>> just skip right to Plain Number and have the page number inserted
>>> right there? Thanks!

0
Reply Graham 11/19/2009 3:24:16 PM

Works here. There's *something* that starts Media Player, though, because
I've done it inadvertently.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> Hmmm. That brings up Media Player for me? But if it works - it is
> certainly simpler than a macro ;)
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> Stefan Blom wrote:
>> It's even quicker to use the built-in shortcut: Alt+Shift+P (assigned
>> to the InsertPageField command).
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Add the following macro to a QAT button or keyboard shortcut to
>>> insert the page number at the cursor
>>>
>>> Sub InsPageNo()
>>>    Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldPage, _
>>>        PreserveFormatting:=False
>>>    ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

0
Reply Suzanne 11/19/2009 5:24:07 PM

And even if it didn't work, assigning a different shortcut to the
InsertPageField command would be a simple task, of course. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

0
Reply Stefan 11/19/2009 5:59:48 PM

Of course.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> And even if it didn't work, assigning a different shortcut to the
> InsertPageField command would be a simple task, of course. :-)
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Works here. There's *something* that starts Media Player, though, because
>> I've done it inadvertently.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hmmm. That brings up Media Player for me? But if it works - it is
>>> certainly simpler than a macro ;)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com