how to unlock the selection in word document

pls any one let me know how unlock selection in word, as when i m trying to
write some thing is show the message that the ' this modification is not
allowed because the selection is locked'

pls help as i can't do any thing on word

bye

If this is Office 2007 and you are using the trial version, then most likely
the trial period has expired and it's time to buy the full version.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"lucky" <lucky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> pls any one let me know how unlock selection in word, as when i m trying
> write some thing is show the message that the ' this modification is not
> allowed because the selection is locked'
>
> pls help as i can't do any thing on word
>
> bye

-1
Gordon

Word 2007 opens very slowly
When I try to open word 2007 by clicking on any document, it takes up to 2 minutes to load the program. If WORD 2007 is already open, then documents that I click on open right away. This just started happening recently. I have had WORD 2007 for several months without this problem. -- Mike E ...

How To Clear Previous Selection From a Drop Down
Good Afternoon- I've created a simple spreadsheet in Excel 2007 which allows the user to select from several work locations via a drop down. Based on the work location selection, there are various work schedules they can select from. This was done using the Indirect function within the data valadation section. My question is how to clear a work schedule that was previously selected once a new work location is selected. I'll try to give an example: Work Locations California Florida Texas If California is selected they can choose 10 hour Shift or 12 Hour Shift ...

UnLocked Cells No Color
Hi there, I have a spread sheet which is passed around frequently. Therefore I have locked a number of cells to protect its information. However, its necesary that other change the color of the unlocked cells. The problem is that once the sheet is protected the unlocked (and therefore changeable) do not have any color icon and so I cant change them. I cant figure out a way to have locked cells and still allow color changes on the unlocked without giving the password away (which of course defeats the purpose) Cheers! This capability was added in xl2002. But if you're running an earlier...

video footage in excel or word
I am embedding video footage into excel but when I email the file the footage isn't attached. I believe this is because you are unable to fully embed the footage like you can with say clip art, however, the person I am doing this work for insists it is possible - can anyone help? Is is possible to do it in Word instead? Thanks Emma ...

Summing rather than Countinh when selecting cells
Hi, Its a minor point but one that is bugging me. My excel 2000 has stopped displaying the sum of cells which I select with my mouse and has instead started displaying the count - does anyone know how to change this back? So for example, A1 has "10", A2 has "20" and A3 has "30". Previously, if I had clicked on cell A1 and dragged the selection over to A2 and A3, the window bottom right would have shown "Sum = 60". Now, however, it says "Count Numbers = 3". Thanks, Will Hi Will Try right clicking where you see Count, and change the Op...

Problems with my Select Case
I am trying to run a Select Case procedure but regardless of the outcome of my combo box, the procedure keeps running the Case Else option... which is to display a message box stating "try again"... here is my code... Private Sub Combo0_AfterUpdate() Select Case [Combo0] Case [Combo0] = "Apples" Option2.Enabled = True Option4.Enabled = True Option6.Enabled = True Option11.Enabled = False Option13.Enabled = False Option15.Enabled = False Option17.Enabled = False Label9.Visible = True Label10.Visible = False Case [Combo0] = "Oranges" Option2.Enabled = False Option...

merging documents
I was sent 2 documents that are set up using columns. I need to combine these documents into one. If I select all on one and try to copy and paste it into the other i lose the formatting. Is there a way to combine the documents into 1 without losing the formatting? Thanks. In the source document (that is, the one that you want to insert), add a continuous section break at the beginning *and* end. Save and close the file. Then place the insertion point in the target document. In the Insert File dialog, select the source document, and click the Insert button. To display t...

Office 2003 tools document scanning
Windows xp pro sp3 & office 2003 sp3 with HP all-in-one deskjet F4180. When trying to scan, both Office tools, Document scanning and Documnet imaging state "no compatible scanner found". Word and Excel insert picture funtion works fine with above setup. Note: (Have a double boot using Windows Multi media 2005 sp3 and offfice 2003 sp3 which works fine with the Hp f4180.) ...

select a pattern
Hi All, Is there a way to select all things in a document that match a certain pattern? For example, I have a mailing label document where I would like to select just the City, State and Zip line for all the labels? (shot in the dark) Thanks, rodchar rodchar wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way to select all things in a document that match a certain > pattern? > For example, I have a mailing label document where I would like to > select just the City, State and Zip line for all the labels? (shot in > the dark) > > Thanks, > rodchar Depend...

Text not formatting around picture as selected
Has anyone else had this problem with Publisher 2000? I have some text boxes within a newsletter that when I add a picture, the text does not go around the picture as I have chosen in the "format text box".....I can't figure out why. This is a template for a newsletter I do monthly so it is really frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated! g lomax Activate the picture and put it in the foreground. Or, activate the text and put it in the background. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "glomax"...

Outlook Word editor
When Outlook is configured for Word as default editor in new messages, my MAPI device opens Outlook email message in the Outlook editor. ...

how do i unlock modifications
My Word 2007 used to work. Now I can't do ANYTHING on it because it tells me the modification I am trying to use is locked. How do I unlock it? Are you using a trial version of Word that has passed its use by date? If so, to see how to convert it to a regular version, see "How do I convert my trial?" at: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx Another possibility is that you have not Activated the software. You can also find out how to do that at the above site. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

Paragraph selection and page breaks in VBA
Hi, I'm looping through the paragraphs in a document (i.e. For Each myPara In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs) and looking at the style, length of paragraph and a number of other things. The trouble I'm having is when two paragraphs are separated by a page break rather than a paragraph mark: then VBA recognises it as only one paragraph. Is this "expected" behaviour? I assume that it's a case of my understanding of a page break being different to Word's. And does anyone know of a (preferably) quick and easy way to overcome this so that VBA recognises it as ...

Record Selection
I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item and make a selection as to the color. I started looking at the "Like" function, but couldn't figure out how to have it look at the 8th character only. I am using Access 2000. Any help would be appreciated. On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:51:02 -0700, Dmario wrote: > I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I > need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item a...

Word Gets Languages Confused
Word 2003, Windows XP Home Occasionally (about once every 50 =96 100 documents), the spell checker will flag a couple of words as misspelled. The words are spelled correctly. But it turns out that Word has, for some unknown reason, decided that it should test these words using the French (France) language. Thus, as an example, Word suggests as alternatives for the English word =93personal=94 the French words =93personne=94 or =93personale= =94 I've verified that the default language in Tools | language is English. It=92s not a real problem. But I'm a curious person ...

"Unable to read file"message in Word & Excel
My PC has suddenly started displaying the above message whenever I attempt to open Word or Excel files on my hard disc. My files are not corrupted as I get the same error when using a diskette containing files which are months old. I use Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3 installed from an Office XP CD & Windows XP Home SP1. Is this a program or operating system error? I can find no help anywhere! Problems with both Word & Excel files occurred simultaneously. Just noticed similar problem with Powepoint, displaying "Powerpoint can't read <filename>" message. Any h...

File Selection and New file names
Question #1: When in the "Open File" dialog box of Publish 2002, the CTL and SHIFT keys do not work to select multiple files. This works in Word 2002 and Excel 2002 and also worked in Publish 2000. Is there a setting to allow this? Question #2: How do you get Publish 2002 to return to the folder of the "last" file opened when opening another file? Sometimes it returns to "My Docs", other times to the last folder (within my Docs) with apparently no logic, mostly returning to My Docs. Comment: Same as AB24U's message 1-24-05. When started using Pub...

change a number (100) to word (i.e Hundred)
Dears, Is there a function or a way to change automatically a number typed in a cell (eg: 100) as in tex format? (i.e Hundred)? Kind regards, Abdulssalam CH Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html Excel FAQs - Convert Numbers To Text -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "CHA Salam" <CHA Salam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE427447-1B13-4C64-812A-CF7AF5213EE1@microsoft.com... > Dears, Is there a function or a way to change automatically a number typed > in a cell (eg: 100) as in tex for...

How to set paper size default in Word 2004 to A4.
In OS 10.3.8 System Preferences>Printer and Fax there is only one A4 paper size - in Word 2004 there are two sizes: A4 and A4 small. The Word 2004 default seems to be set to A4 small. How can I set the default in the German Word 2004 to A4? Regardless of what I try, the new document is always A4 small. Also, after making a few changes, the paper size changes to A4 small. ...

Cell Selection issue
Morning all. I'm making a user form, and want to select a cell to place my equation, then with that selection choice, offset upwards, and to the side, to select and merge two sets of two cells, each. I understand with my selection that I'd use the following: activecell.offset(0,1).select to get my first cell selection. But how do I retain that initial selection, and then offset one more up, to then merge those two cells? Thank you. I'm not 100% sure what you are wanting but I think you want to merge the cell to the right of the activecell with the cell one r...

Select names sort sequence -- Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 ... when I go to send a new mail message via the sequence Send/To/Select Names, the Select Names list does not alphabetize by last name even though all three ways the name appears in Contacts are set up as Last, First. The names imported from my previous address book (Outlook Express, Win 98), are alphabetized Last/First. They work fine. The names newly entered into Contacts are the ones that will not come up by last name no matter what I try. So when I hunt for, say, Samuel Jones by typing Jones into the "Type name or select from list" box, the message will not addre...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Selecting Unlocked Cells Only
Is there a way in VBA to have user restricted to selecting only unlocke cells in a work book. I have tried to password protect each work shee with the cells formatted as locked or unlocked. However when you sav and reopen the workbook "sometimes" it reopens allowing the user t select both locked cells as well as unlocked cells. The locked cell are still restricted, so if you click on it you get the warning...bu it's a pain if you're trying to imput data quickly navigating aroun all the cells on a work sheet -- Db171 ---------------------------------------------------------...

Open embedded word document in powerpoint presentation
Hello I have powerpoint 2007 I want to open embedded word document while doing presentation, without going into the edit mode. How can i do this? Somebody adviced in other thread to right click mouse and select action settings on top of the embedded file. There is no such menu in 2007. Help please On Feb 19, 4:53=A0am, Poppe <Po...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello > > I have powerpoint 2007 > > I want to open embedded word document while doing presentation, without > going into the edit mode. > > How can i do this? > &g...

Clearing Form Content in Word 2007
Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? Create the form as a template and then use File New and select that template each time you want an empty form. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "caehgar" <caehgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA9A2941-7C23-4983-B4DE-C32F877757CF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to clear the contents of a form in Word 2007? ...