How to scan form, fill out, delete the form, then print fill-ins?

I have 2 pre-printed forms to fill out.  I would like to scan these 2 forms
into Word as a template.  Then I could fill in the blanks/check
boxes/narrative and print.  The problem is that I need to delete the
templates so I can print only my fill-ins on the 2 original pre-printed forms
that are loaded into the printer.

Unless this is to be a repetitive task, the work involved for creating two
forms is simply not worth the effort. Use a pen or a typerwriter.
If you insist on proceeding then scan the form as a graphic and insert it
*full size* (ideally into the page header) and set its layout option to
'behind text'. You can then build a form over the image using tables and
form fields and print the document with the following macro

Sub PrintForm()
Dim sPrint As Boolean
sPrint = Options.PrintDrawingObjects
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = False
With ActiveDocument
    .PrintFormsData = True
    .PrintOut
End With
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = sPrint
End Sub

If you are very lucky the printout will match your original form.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"DRPHG" <DRPHG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 pre-printed forms to fill out.  I would like to scan these 2 forms
> into Word as a template.  Then I could fill in the blanks/check
> boxes/narrative and print.  The problem is that I need to delete the
> templates so I can print only my fill-ins on the 2 original pre-printed
> forms
> that are loaded into the printer.

0
Graham

delete a team , buz unit and user from crm 3.0 pro
hi, i can't remove a team , buz unit or user from my crm application. please help me. Hi, You cannot delete a team, user or business unit. You can only disable/deactivate them. HTH, Niths "Mahoutchian" wrote: > hi, > i can't remove a team , buz unit or user from my crm application. > please help me. > ...

Jump to another section in a Word form
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel The form has a checkbox for yes and a checkbox for no. If No is checked, I want the curor to then bypass all the staff related to a check in the Yes checkbox and go on to the next section in the form. How is a jump of the cursor accomplished? <br> thanks. ...

Auto Fill #3
I need to fill several entire columns with a formula, is there a way (quicker than draging the "auto fill" handle) of filling a colomn at a time with a formula? steven Hi Steven - some people are never satisfied :) IMHO ... the quickest way ever of filling cells with a formula 1) click in name box to left of formula bar and type the range you want to populate in there, e.g. A1:D100 and press ENTER 2) type the formula and then press CONTROL & ENTER hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Steven Hook" <shook@NOTbowens.co.za> wrote in message news:cn9oh8$cti$1@ctb-n...

Create rule to permanently delete
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 Server. When I create a rule to permanently delete an email, the box to stop running rules is also checked. In Outlook 2000 I created several rules to permanently delete messages. Since we have upgraded to Outlook 2003 after these rules run then all rules stop running. Is this just a new feature in Outlook 2003 or is there something wrong? If something is wrong how can it be fixed? If this is a new feature, what is the purpose of it? ...

Inbound connection + form question
Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It works like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded to my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the web address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent to sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe). What step am I missing here any ideas? Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak where a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsh...

Can I print LightScribe CD's from MS Publisher
what do you mean...exactly? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0524CE-08A7-4485-80D5-A22E8DA1A2BB@microsoft.com... > I think you have to use specific software to burn a "label" on a LightScribe disk. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0524CE-08A7-4485-80D5-A22E8DA1A2BB@microsoft.com... > ...

can the Purging of deleted items be prevented
I have multiple users that like to purge the items that are in the exchage server from outlook without thinking whethere they will need them in the future. My question is, Is there a way to configure or prevent the purge from outlook? Donald Miami, FL Do you have deleted items retention enabled on the server (and is that what they are purging)? You may be able to use group policy to remove the Recover deleted item menu from outlook to prevent them from using it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

OWA Forms Based Single Sign on
I've got a Corporate Portal website running that uses Forms Based Auth (.net 2.0). I've already solved the problem to allow two different applications to share the same Authentication Cookie by setting the Cokie path, decryptionKey, Validation, and Validation Key to the same values in the Web.config. And this allows me to sign in once, and hop between the two different applications (different servers, etc). Next, we want to do the same thing with OWA. I feel that if I can tell OWA to use the same Cokie path, decryptionKey, Validation, and Validation Key that my .NET 2.0 app...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Outlook Express
I'm in OE 6.0 with XP, I deleted an identity by mistake. is there a way I can recover the identity - or at least the inbox and sent folders? It was not passwork protected? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer....

Printing form CA on Hp printer?
Have new HP desktop and printer. Have OLK 2007. Can't print CA calendars. Can print all other documents. Can print calendars from Outlook. "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5871C4C2-6B6F-4329-A695-47F3F6F6FB2E@microsoft.com... > Have new HP desktop and printer. Have OLK 2007. Can't print CA calendars. > Can print all other documents. Can print calendars from Outlook. What's a "CA Calendar"? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

passing record number to a form..
Hi, I have a form that shows customer records and I want to open another form but pass the number of the record thats showing on the first form.. Im assuming i use the following basic code docmd.OpenForm("frm_Appointments",acNormal,,,acFormAdd,,<record number>) but i dont know how to get the value of the current record number.. please help! but i dont know "Craig Armitage" <craig@icarmitage.co.uk> wrote in message news:uhePax5JIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a form that shows customer records and I want to open another for...

Custom User Forms
Hello All: I know.... "the only 'stupid' question, is the one that's not asked..... Hopefully, I won't look like "too" much of a novice. Here goes, I have a elderly user, who is not overly comfortable with using Excel, and is used to the "dumb terminal" approach of data entry. Not that I don't want her to learn, she is just extremely hesitant. Anyway, I would like to create a custom form for her to enter information into, which then populates a "hidden" worksheet. Would need to have a couple of Validation fields, i.e. o...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

form fields not saving to table

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

Latest date in a form
I am would like to have the latest date populate in a text box on a form based on a table or query. What do I put in the criteria in a query or do I need to put this in a table also. I will be using this info in a report. -- Denise B. Denise It all starts with the data. If you don't give us some idea of what your data looks like, how can we tell you how to put "the latest date" in the form? (by the way, you may not mean the same thing by "latest" that Access does .... are you referring to the "most recent"?) -- Regard...

Select a Customer from ListBox???? in different Forms
Hi I have a form Name "FrmDrVoucher" and a SubForm "FrmDrVoucherBodySubForm" In this form. I have "AccountNo" Txtbox Control in SUbForm. After this control I have a small button by pressing it a new form appears with a list box having all my customers Id's and names.... I wanted that by double clicking on a customer name in list box, It fill up the AccountNo in my SubForm with selected CustomerId from Listbox. For This I used the Following Code in ListBox Dbl Click Event (in newly PopUp Form) Private Sub List0_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) [F...

How can i print a chart in excel on more than one sheet of paper

Part of the form is not printed. Why ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003 and Windows XP Professional. I have a form with a print button on it. Pushing the button is to print the current record as it is being displayed in the form. And largely it does so. However, there is also a tab control on the form. On the tab control there are subforms that display further data. These data are not printed. What's going wrong ? Your kind help will be greatly appreciated. Peter > > What's going wrong ? I'm going to let you in on a little secret that will help prevent from winding up in a room with padded walls and p...

Automatically create excell filename via form
Access 2000. I would like to create a form that would: Enter an office number through a combobox, such as "764". Next enter a beginning date in a textbox, then enter an ending date in the next texbox. Click on a cmd button to run a macro that exports a query to an excel file. I know how to do this. What I would like is to click the cmd button and have the excel file automatically named such as: 764_1-1-07to1-7-07 Which includes the office number in the beginning and the beginning and ending dates. Can this be done? Thanks in advance, Randy. Firstly, if you h...

Enter data on to a speadsheet using a VBA form
Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. And what part are you having trouble with? Helpful advice here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Daniel Clough" <me@me.com> wrote in message Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. ...

deleting multiple cells
I have two columns of user name data cells (Column A=2505 names, Column B=2805 names). Some names are in both columns. Is there a way that I can sort out the 300 unique cells? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm "ElvisFonzarelli <" wrote: > > I have two columns of user name data cells (Column A=2505 names, Column > B=2805 names). Some names are in both columns. Is there a way that I > can sort out the 300 unique cells? > > --- > Message posted from h...

Form
Hi, I am now dealing with a CFormView program (MFC), but I want to take full control of the it. So If I was to say I want to create a Win32 application, is it possible to create a form on it just like the formview said eariler? Thanks Jack I also appreciate the look of a DX Wizard generated application where you can switch full screen and windowed at will. But is it a tedious job to work from nothing? Thanks Jack "Jacky Luk" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D:eh4s$kKPFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am now dealing with a CFormView program (MFC), but I want ...

Scroll problem on Continuous Form
Hi I have a continuous form, which design with Header, Detail and Footer. When the number of records are many, where the Detail area cannot display all of them, I can navigate the records on Detail by both "Vertical Scroll Bar" and "Mouse Wheel". My problem is under the situation, when the number of records are less, where there is an empty area on Detail. In this situation, when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down, the first record will disappear, but when I scroll up, the first record cannot be gotten back. I have to use the arrow on vertical scroll bar to get i...