How to scan form, fill out, delete the form, then print fill-ins?

I have 2 pre-printed forms to fill out.  I would like to scan these 2 forms
into Word as a template.  Then I could fill in the blanks/check
boxes/narrative and print.  The problem is that I need to delete the
templates so I can print only my fill-ins on the 2 original pre-printed forms
that are loaded into the printer.

Unless this is to be a repetitive task, the work involved for creating two
forms is simply not worth the effort. Use a pen or a typerwriter.
If you insist on proceeding then scan the form as a graphic and insert it
*full size* (ideally into the page header) and set its layout option to
'behind text'. You can then build a form over the image using tables and
form fields and print the document with the following macro

Sub PrintForm()
Dim sPrint As Boolean
sPrint = Options.PrintDrawingObjects
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = False
With ActiveDocument
    .PrintFormsData = True
End With
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = sPrint
End Sub

If you are very lucky the printout will match your original form.

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site
Word MVP web site
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"DRPHG" <> wrote in message
>I have 2 pre-printed forms to fill out.  I would like to scan these 2 forms
> into Word as a template.  Then I could fill in the blanks/check
> boxes/narrative and print.  The problem is that I need to delete the
> templates so I can print only my fill-ins on the 2 original pre-printed
> forms
> that are loaded into the printer.

Excel Pciture print out auto zoom in
we have a problem, our user reported when insert picture to excel file. Afer saved when user print out , the enclosed picture suddenly auto zoom in. Hi, Haven't seen this, how about a little more detail 1. What version of Excel & Windows 2. Does the Auto zoom occur in the spreadsheet, print preview, or on the printout, or all three? 3. Does this occur on all machines? 4. Does it occur when connected to different types of printers? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "IT" wrote: > we have a problem, our user reported when insert picture to excel file. Afer > saved ...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Survey form for Outlook?
I'm part if the IT support for the Hospice I work at. We are thinking of doing a survey on "How are we doing?". I'm thinking it would be neat if we could make it an Outlook (we are running Outlook 202 and Exchange 5.5) form that the user could respond, fill in and send back. Any thoughts on any existing forms/programs that would let us do that? -- Regards, Hank Arnold ...

Open Access 2000 mdb to a specific form / record
Is it possible to send a link in an email that would open an Access 2000 mdb to a specific form and record? I have a PO database that sends an email to the approver notifying them that PO0000 is waiting their approval. They would like a link in the email that would take them directly into the application and the PO they are to approve. To generate the email I'm using: DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatHTML, strTo, strRequestor, , strSubject, strMessage, 0 Thanks ...

#Delete appear in field
In my application, I not sure what I have done, sometime the memo field of a record has the the word #Delete. After that, this particular report cannot be edited any more. Kindly advise what are the possible causes for this. Thank you. This can indicate that the record is corrupt. See the suggestion under "Symptom: Some table rows show #Deleted" in this article: -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - Reply to group, rather than alle...

Form based on crosstab query
I had set up a form and am having trouble getting information from a crosstab query into it. In the expression builder I can go to the query I want and pull any info except for the crosstab portion. I tried setting the forms recordsource property to the crosstab query then everything I had done disappeared. Deleting that brings it all back. I'm obviously clueless here.... How can I successfully import crosstab query info into a form control as information? For a form or report you need to know the column headings or it will bomb out. There are two ways of doing thi...

"deleted items" queue filling up
I'm running a pure Exchange 2003 environment. I just noticed in one of our SMTP gateway servers (front-end) a queue called "deleted objects". It's filling up with messages that i know should be deliverable. What would cause this, and more importantly, how do clear it out and deliver the messages?? Thanks in advance. I think i might know the answer now, but i'd appreciate confirmation from an MVP if possible.. Apparently another admin had moved all of the distribution lists from the "users" folder in AD Users and Computers to a newly created OU of...

Easy Question for deleting rows.
I have a report that varies in length each day. I have information at the end of the report I want to program to delete in an existing macro. What code would I use to delete the last 5 lines at the end of the report. The code would go in the active sheet in an existing macro. Thanks so much One way to do this This example find the last row with data on the sheet with the function Sub test() Range("A" & LastRow(ActiveSheet) - 4).Resize(5).EntireRow.Delete End Sub Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:="*", _...

deleting or clearing recently used files in Publisher
Is there any way to delete the "recent file" list in MS Publisher 2003? I know that in MS Office 2000, for Word(which i am more famliar with) you can just go to the options tab and tell the program how many files to remember (under the general portion or the tab) I don't like that the next person that uses the program after me can see what file i was just working on and I can't figure out how to get that "OPEN" at the bottom of the left hand screen to not display the last files used. even in the most basic program... Microsoft Works..., there is a way to cle...

delete server...routing master error

Scan from Mac
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187514198_717122 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, Is there a Scan program that comes with iLife or as part of OSX???? Thanks. Frank --B_3187514198_717122 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Scan from Mac</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">...

Do something when workbook is printing
I added a button on a worksheet, how do I hide the button when I print the workbook ? Right click the button and select format control, select properties and check/uncheck print object -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Man Utd" <> wrote in message news:O7TWPAR1FHA.2428@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I added a button on a worksheet, how do I hide the button when I print the > workbook ? > > Thanks. "Peo Sjoblom" <> wrote in message news:e1Bc6GR1FHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

How to speed up printing the report?
Hi I have a problem with printing reports in Great Plains 7.5. It took a long time, especially for trial balance report with long characters on the main segment (more than 5 characters). Do you know how to solve this problem? Hardware and software are ok. according to requirements. Regards Radek ...

Add graphics and/or labels to forms?
Hi, we've got about 6 tabs on one form. We would like to add a unique graphic to each of the tabs, with explanatory text for each of the graphics. Is this possible in MS CRM 1.2? How would I go about it (can't just "add field" on form customizer)? Thanks! ...

Synchronise Outlook to have CRM company field on the outlook form
When CRM is synchronised with Outlook the Company field on the Outlook Contact form is blank - although this is displayed on the CRM toolbar without it on the form you cannot synchronise to a PDA or Blackberry and order by Company name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Prevent Spammers from using form
Is there a way to keep spammers out of your form submit. Also whats a good way to spam the spammers. I'ds like to reply to the spam with a thousand replys with just sending it once. Is that possible? Does anyone know of any good sites to learn how to spam the spammers. Look through the pages starting at Note that one important decision you will have to make is: which server side scripting technology (asp, asp.NET, PHP etc) to use? FrontPage extensions will only give a very limited p...

Will Access print data to a blank hard copy form?
I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access report. The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of Access, and if so how do I get instructions to set it up? Thanks in advance, -- Boomer642 Pride Runs Deep I'm not sure what you're asking. Since Access uses the Windows printer driver(s), when Access prints, Windows prints. Can you do what you need to from Word (get the print to happen in the right place)? If so, you can adjust where Access starts printing to line ...

Recordset for Form with a subform
MSAccess 2003 and SQLExpress 2005 in multiple user setting I have a front end Access database that needs to retrieve data from a back end Access database and from a SQL database. The front end has the forms and VBA code, the back end just has tables and queries. So far I'm only retrieving data from the Access back end at this time. I have code in the ParentForm_Load event that pulls data from two related tables (Invoices and Invoice Details) out of the back end and populates a DAO recordset. The question: how can I populate (or bind) the Parent form with the Invoices dat...

Advanced Form Search
Hello. In regard to the author failed to mention that this code is used for a form called "Find Record" and the form is called by click event on any open form you want to search. Now to my point, i have been using this code for a search and to make it more efficient i need to search on a specific field on the form not just the whole form, eg. primary key, so if the form with that code ab...

Weird printing behaviour
Hello all, I've got a bit of a quirk that I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for. I have a duplex unit on my printer which I have set the print driver to use by default. If I have a document or email open in Word/ Entourage and choose File>Print, the document will print duplexed without problem. If however, I choose the print icon on the tool bar, it prints single sided, ignoring the current printer settings. Any thoughts? Thanks, Neil File>Print and the toolbar button are different commands. The toolbar button does a "Print (Default)" which uses all the defaults...

Do WIA scan without calling IWiaDevMgr->DeviceDlg()
I am trying to do a wia scan using the IWiaDevMgr, IWiaItem and IWiaDataTransfer Created the IWiaDevMgr as in the following code CComPtr<IWiaDevMgr> pWiaDevMgr hr = pWiaDevMgr.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_WiaDevMgr); then call the CreateDevice on that object with the correct device id hr=pWiaDevMgr->CreateDevice(str,&pItemRoot); and then i call DeviceDlg on the pItemRoot CComPtrArray<IWiaItem> ppIWiaItem; hr = pItemRoot->DeviceDlg( hWndParent, lFlags, lIntent, &ppIWiaItem.Count(), &ppIWiaItem ); make IWiaDataTransfer using the ...

Printing a date without the year
I am new to Access, and I want to know how to display just the month and the day not the year. Is there anyway to do this Display it where? Form, Query, Report??? One option would be to use the Format(), somthing like Format(Date(),"mmmm-dd") Lookup the Format function to see all the variables available to control the output format. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "C Schroder" wrote: > I...

auto fill
hi, i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro, code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D) and the second column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is the...

remove license for deleted users?
Hi, I want to remove the license associated to a user, but this user has been deleted from the active directory. So the remove license doesn't works. I have recreated the same user name in the AD and ttry the same steps without success. what can I do? thanks. Jerome. "J�j�" <> wrote in message news:%23nGg9hcgFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to remove the license associated to a user, but this user has been > deleted from the active directory. > So the remove license doesn't works. > > I have re...

Printing Labels using Publisher
How do I print a single label vs. a sheet of labels in Publisher? Seriously, it's easier to do that in Word. I've been known to design it in Publisher and then copy and paste it into Word so that I can continue using a partial sheet of labels. (It always needs a little tweaking in Word but not too much.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question "LS" <> wrote in message > How do I print a single label ...