How to remove dots between words in Word

These dots are there between words when constructing a document.  They are
annoying more than anything.   I want them gone.  How?  Can anyone advise me?

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button on the toolbar.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why
you might want to see those characters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:09:01 -0800, Dot removal <Dot
removal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>These dots are there between words when constructing a document.  They are
>annoying more than anything.   I want them gone.  How?  Can anyone advise me?
0
Jay
2/14/2010 3:36:22 AM
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Dot removal" <Dot removal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> These dots are there between words when constructing a document.  They are
> annoying more than anything.   I want them gone.  How?  Can anyone advise
> me?

0
Suzanne

Remove Excel Icon ??

Macro to copy chart from Excel to word
I need to write a macro that will select a chart from Excel and copy it to a book mark in a word document. Can anyone offer some help ? Appreciate any reponse Chris Jon Peltier has some code to paste a chart into Word: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartwd You could replace precede this line: ' Paste chart at cursor position WDApp.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, _ DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _ Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False with code that selects your bookmark, e.g.: WDApp.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookm...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Opening Outlook causes open Word
Hello Folks!! I have a user that he opens Outlook 2003 and this action cause that Microsoft Word's Windows open without reason. Could somebody help me, please? Thanks in advance!! is he using word as his editor? Does he have any addins for word? When outlook loads word to use it as the editor, the addin could be trying to load and cause word to open completely. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookt...

How to Remove SRS

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

Attachment error opening Word in Outlook
Error of : The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: * Check the file permissions fo rthe document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document. The file does eventually open after three error boxes pop up. It is not an HTML file or anything listed on the knowledgebase. Anyone have any ideas? If not, probably will reinstall office 2000. ...

Word Template Integration With AD
Hopefully someone will have an idea of how to do what I'm trying to do. We use custom templates for MS Word 2003. The templates contain user names so when creating a letter, we can populate the info (address, etc) automaticatically once a name is selected. The problem is that we have to manually edit the Names.doc file everytime we have a new user or name change, etc. Is there any way to get the info to be pulled directly from Active Directory so everytime a change is made in AD, it is also made in the template file? Thanks in advance for any replies received. Yes that i...

How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.
Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a shape and link to that document. I have problems going back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the document. Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram? Thanks. Ely. I dont quite understand what you would like to do. Can you explain further? Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "A...

remove Fax from address book?

Hints/tips text block for Word
I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in Word 2007). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59E0C...

Removing an item from menu

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

Need to remove selected characters

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

How do I log in as administrator in to word 2007?
My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does not allow me and telling me that I should log in as administrator. I am already loged in as administrator and there is no other user accounts on my computer. How can I log in as administrator? Operating system win 7 and office 2007. I like to thank you in advance for answers. "Black Falcon" <Black Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9599983A-97D2-4A10-9552-92EB071ABDCC@microsoft.com... > My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does > not ...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet