how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document

Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
insert first

You need to put the page number _in_ the footer (or header).

What steps are you performing? Which version of Word?

On Jan 19, 5:54=A0am, Sheila <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
> document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
> insert first

0
Peter
1/19/2010 12:34:35 PM
I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Building Block
galleries? Try the following: Add the footer and then double-click the
footer area to activate it. Place the insertion point where you want the
page number. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, click Page Number, and
then click Current Position.

An even better approach would be to insert not only the page number but the
entire footer content directly in the footer. See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
> document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
> insert first

0
Stefan

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Exporting Documents
How do you export an excel document into word without changing the way it was setup? Go into word and open up your excel document from word. If you don't have the converter installed you may have to install it. Try opening the excel workbook first, if you don't have the converter installed it will tell you. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >How do you export an excel document into word without >changing the way it was setup? >. > ...

Subclassing in property pages
I have tree-like combo box subclassed in my property page (derived from CPropertyPage). It works fine until I drop list and move property sheet, then drop down list stays at the same place whilst rest of dialog (property sheet) was moved. I guess that this is something with ownership but how to fix it. This is how I subclass combo: BOOL ParentSettings::OnInitDialog() { CPropertyPage::OnInitDialog(); ctlComboTree.SubclassDlgItem(IDC_PARENTS, this); return (TRUE); } ParentSettings class is derived from CPropertyPage. I created dialog associated with property pade using resource ...

Insert trigger

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

Editing views on the activites page
I have stumbled upon the ability to edit views for activities by using the viewmanger.aspx page and changing the object type code to the code for activities (134). I have made these changes and have published them using deployment manager in a test environment, and they seem to be working great. The question I have is why did Microsoft hide these pages. It is possible to edit other objects (leads, opportunities, accounts, ect.) by just using the standard interface. It seems like the may not be showing these pages for a reason, but I have no idea why. If anyone has any input on this i...

inserting hrs and minutes

What about routing numbers when printing checks
I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are compatable with money, and was looking forward to printing my checks at home. Well after setup, i went to print a few checks. The checks orinted fine and within margins, but i notice that there arent any routing numbers, my name or address, or anything on it to make this a valid and redeemable check. Am i missing something?? I have MS money 2003 and am runnning XP. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:33:55 -0700, "MGidish" <MGidish@cox-internet.com> wrote: >I had bought a pack of versacheck refills, which are >compatable ...

Why does Invoices take two pages when only half the first page is
Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit everything!!! Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is switching to another accounting software the only answer? =?Utf-8?B?ZGlhbGtpbmc=?= <dialking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 28 Mar 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Its annoying that I have to send multiple pages, 2 & sometimes even 3 > pages when there is enough space on the first page to fit > everything!!! > > Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or is swit...

Colour numbers within my formulae
I have been playing around with the '&' function, allowing me to mix text with calculations and cell references. I have the following at the moment: ="Of the "&TEXT(J954,"�#,0.00")&" made this year, I have managed to save "&TEXT(100/J954*J955, "#,#0.0")&"%" Which gives me a cell displaying the following: Of the �0.00 made this year, I have managed to save 0.0% What I would like to do is show the numbers (�0.00; 0.0%) in the colour blue. I don't want to add conditional formatting, just apply a colour so t...

Change page orientation to suit selection
I have a macro to quickly print the selection. In order to get the maximum sized print, I would like to change page orientation to maximise it. Is there any way to find the size of the selection so I can get the height / width ratio? You might not have ever noticed, but the row height and column width in Excel are not measured to the same standard. Don't ask me why, because I don't know other than two different people came up with the idea of how to measure them. The standard row height is 12.75 and the standard column width is 8.43, yet when you look at the wo...

Should be able to view the 2nd page in Journal Viewer
You should be able to view the second page of a receipt in Jounal Viewer. The only way now that you can see the second page is to reprint the receipt. Reprinting is not efficient. RMS Store Operations Manager Version 1.3.1004. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

Insert with a where condition

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Insert

embed x.s sheet to HTmL page
Hi, I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode called Support. I want to insert this file to a HTML pae. I trie embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert I am using office and OS wkin200. Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o just wrong tags. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format? You can incorporate this html code into the web page. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ ...

My columns are numbers too!!!
My comulmns are not letters anymore....they are numbers. What did I do, and how can I change it back? Richard Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1/C1 reference style Andy. "Richard G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73f501c4020b$28d0b9c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My comulmns are not letters anymore....they are numbers. > What did I do, and how can I change it back? Andy, Thanks. That was driving me crazy! Richard >-----Original Message----- >Richard > >Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1/C1 reference ...

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

60 page file, in magazine format, pages are reversing.
Hey I created a mock up magazine, and there are about 60 pages. When I converted it to PDF, it turned in 30 pages, and in those 30 pages they doubled two pages into ONE page and THOSE pages were from complete opposite ends of the magazine. I want to read from start to finish like a magazine, 1, 2-3, 4-5, and so on and so fourth and the last page would be 60. This is kind of important, so if you could help me in any way I'd appreciate it. Sounds like you created your project in booklet form. If you print out the file it will assemble in the correct order. -- ...

how to insert data in a table