how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document

Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
insert first

You need to put the page number _in_ the footer (or header).

What steps are you performing? Which version of Word?

On Jan 19, 5:54=A0am, Sheila <> wrote:
> Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
> document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
> insert first

1/19/2010 12:34:35 PM
I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Building Block
galleries? Try the following: Add the footer and then double-click the
footer area to activate it. Place the insertion point where you want the
page number. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, click Page Number, and
then click Current Position.

An even better approach would be to insert not only the page number but the
entire footer content directly in the footer. See also

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sheila" <> wrote in message
> Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
> document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
> insert first

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Missing pages when PDF entire workbook

Grant Management Note function should allow importing a document
Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agr...

clip art inserted into business card prints solid black box
I have entered clip art into a business card, it shows up fine on "Print Preview" but when it actually prints, it is a solid black box. What format is the image? High-resolution pictures can cause this especially if they are a 48 bit tiff. Import the clipart into an editing program and change the image resolution. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "Mendy" <> wrote in message news:54608BE3-54BC-4D0...

VBA: Insert Page Breaks code is not working in Excel 2010
I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn't in another Excel 2010 machine. It doesn't seem right to me that VBA code would behave differently in different versions of Excel. Am I missing something?? RE: Am I missing something?? Yes, your code. -- Regards Dave Hawley "iswarya" <u59539@uwe> wrote in message news:a6e77011b51d5@uwe... >I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. > This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Inserting a Flash Animation on an email
How can insert a flash animation to an email. Where does .swf file has to be so the person that receive the email can see the animation? Regards, Jessie ...

40 page book using Publisher 2003
I want to create a 40 page document in Publisher similar to a book. The page numbers & contents do not print in order. Can you please assist in determine how I can write this small book using using Publisher 2003? Thanks! Are you setting up your page as a booklet? If you select booklet in page setup, the pages will print in the correct order. What problems are you having? There is a specific process to print booklets to get it correct if you do not have a duplex unit. Do you have a duplex unit? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news://msnew...

CListCtrl slowing down after several insert's/delete's
Hello, Here's a twist on a classic question on CListCtrl being slow to remove thousands of records. I'll first described the setup then the various tests I did. The program is running on Win98, I guess on XP I won't even know if there's a difference, but I am curious about why it gets slower after multiple fill in a listctrl. I have an executable acting as the main program. Menu option calls a dialog box (call it DIALOG A) in a DLL which displays ~250 records. This listctrl loads in a flash. Upon selecting a record from the list, another window (call it DIALOG B) is di...

Hi all, I know you can use the Web Query feature to load in elements of a web page. However I wan to do the following: - Specify the parameter for a URL (e.g<PARAMETER>) and have Excel get the body of the html from that page, for 100 different pages (the parameter will just be a number), and have each body be loaded into a different cell - I'll then process that body to extract the essential info. How can I do this for the 100-odd diff pages? I can do it fine just for one, manually specifying the parameter with Web Query.... Thanks Haroon ...

How can I compare two lists of numbers to see if they are the same?
Hi, I have two long lists of data, so two columns. The lists should be th same, what is the easiest way to compare these lists and trace an differences? Thanks a lot in advance -- Message posted from Hi, Try vlookup on the lists. If the values r different in one of the lists it will thrwo up th #N error otherwise it will return the value from the othe column -- Message posted from Yeah, never thought of that, thanks a lot -- Message posted from Hi, Another option is to use the match function. It will also...

Insert File (Insert as Text) Into Contacts
I'm using O2003. I have a number of files I always insert into my contact's notes. By default, the Insert button on the "Insert File" dialog defaults to inserting the file. Is there a way to change this button to default to "Insert as text" thxs Shawn srm <> wrote: > I'm using O2003. I have a number of files I always insert into my > contact's notes. By default, the Insert button on the "Insert File" > dialog defaults to inserting the file. Is there a way to change this > button to default to "Inse...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

no mobile or fax number in vcard
We have Outlook 2000 and 2002 with Exchange 2000 sp3. I can't figure out why the business fax and mobile numbers don't show up in user's vcard. Anyone have any ideas? Thx, Dennis ...

SPOD for a couple minutes when trying to change Number format

error: this page cannot be displayed, when i open publisher
Everytime I open Publisher, the IE error message "This page cannot be displayed" comes up and i cannot do anything. How can i fix this??? Crystal what version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Can you type out what the error message says. ...

Sql insert statment from from list box to table or form
I have the following list box called list0 with the following in row source. SELECT tblCityStateZip.City, tblCityStateZip.State, tblCityStateZip.Zip FROM tblCityStateZip; i have a form called frmpeople with the following PeopleID LastName FirstName Address City State Zip(Combo Box) SELECT tblCityStateZip.Zip, tblCityStateZip.City, tblCityStateZip.State FROM tblCityStateZip; What i want to do is when user double clicks on city state zip in the list box will insert those in the form called people where it says City,State,Zip. Any ideas. Jeremy, Well, is the list0 listbox also on ...

inserting emoticons
how do I insert those little faces in my emails in outlook express? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: After f...

Keep phone number fomatting from excel to print on WORD labels
With an older version of Microsoft Office when phone numbers in excel were formatted (555) 555-5555 and you mail merged them to a WORD label the formatting printed on to the label. The new version of these programs just types the numbers of 5555555555 without the ( ) and the -. I would like the formatting of the excel file to transfer to the WORD labels. If you format a cell as Special > Phone number and enter 1234567890 it will display as : (123) 456-7890 When the cell is copied and pasted into Word the formatting is preserved. -- Gary''s Student "Thelma Theiler&quo...

Insert File Path
In Word 2007, I would like to have either a shortcut key or a QAT button to insert the full file path of my document. I use this very frequently in the footer. File path and Insert file path commands are not available in Customize process. How can I do this? Save the field as an AutoText entry and assign a keyboard shortcut. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA "gordo" <> wrote in message news:uFg6YFRoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In Word 2007, I would like to...

How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text } I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course this was rejected. I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg") but this had the same effect. I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened up the binary in a separate Excel window...

Error message when inserting function
Afternoon All, I have a couple of user defined functions I use now and then however the problem occurs when I go to access them by clicking on the insert function button and then scrolling down to User defined fuctions. Excel stops working and shuts itself down. Can anyone suggest a solution to this or something I can check to see what is causing this volatility? TIA ajay ...

Hyperlink to a Title within the same page.
Hi, I was curious how to use a hyperlink that directs a user to a different part of the same page. I wish to use a navigation bar at the top of the page so they can go directly where they wish to go on the same page without scrolling. Thank You Reference Bookmarks aka Hyperlinking to a place on a page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "olminenmo" <> wrote in message news:C0F904F5-B770-46D8-8B63-3BDE77A02850@microso...

No home page in Microsoft Money v. (UK)
Hi all, I'm using Microsoft Money with a converted copy of a Quicken 98 file. Ever since I've carried out the conversion there has been no home page within Microsoft Money with the converted .mny file. This hasn't bothered me but recently I thought that I'd try and find out if anything could be done. I have tried carrying out both 'quick' and 'standard' file repairs and nothing has helped so far. Google searches don't reveal that anyone else has had similar problems so I think that I might be a bit special! Does anyone know any way to repair a .mny f...