how to insert an anchor symbol in microsoft word document

You will need to look in a font that contains such a symbol. Try DejaVu Sans
at character u+2693

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site
Word MVP web site
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"krankel" <> wrote in message

Removing words from the standard dictionary
I'm the sort of person who spells role as r´┐Żle and I've often wondered if a mechanism exists to remove the word "role" from the standard dictionary, or perhaps override it somehow, with my preferred spelling. Similarly, I never find a use for the word "poser" in my business communications, but frequently type it in place of "power", with unfortunate consequences. So I'd remove "poser" from the dictionary as well. Is there hope for me, and my Office 2003? -- Steve Swift (Personal Webpage) http://hedgeh...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

Grant Management Note function should allow importing a document
Currently the note function in Grants Management only allow the user to type a note. The ability to import a document or cut & paste from a document would be helpful to attach supporting documents. Also the ability to be able to attache more than on note would allow for a centralized location for documents such as Grant Applications and Award Letters. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agr...

Word e-mail message window stops responding
Hello MS Word 2002 e-mail message window stops responding after coping and pasting in it. The Word is chosen in Outlook as an e-mail editor. The window appeared after clicking reply in the Outlook. -- Please, inform me of your reply: click Message menu, then 'Reply to all' in Outlook Express (this sends your reply to the newsgroups and to my email address at the same time) or inform me by sms to 79163876746 from or to my ICQ#135557327 or by messenger to Mr. Dmitriy Kopnichev e-mail: Dimitry, - Upgrade to the latest service pack ...

Convert a word address and data list to excell
I help with a food pantry and the existing cliant data list was created in word seperated by commas. I am told to put all 1500 or so cliants in to note pad, then put them on one line (data of each cliant seporated by 7 commas and their children seporated by ;) then I can put them into excell. Well I am only up to the C's and have been doing it for 3 weeks now. Plus we keep adding new ones every week which are not in order now. If anyone could help me with this I would so appreciate it. Thank you Beverly Hi if they're still in Word, select the list and choose edit / replace in...

clip art inserted into business card prints solid black box
I have entered clip art into a business card, it shows up fine on "Print Preview" but when it actually prints, it is a solid black box. What format is the image? High-resolution pictures can cause this especially if they are a 48 bit tiff. Import the clipart into an editing program and change the image resolution. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP news:// "Mendy" <> wrote in message news:54608BE3-54BC-4D0...

VBA: Insert Page Breaks code is not working in Excel 2010
I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn't in another Excel 2010 machine. It doesn't seem right to me that VBA code would behave differently in different versions of Excel. Am I missing something?? RE: Am I missing something?? Yes, your code. -- Regards Dave Hawley "iswarya" <u59539@uwe> wrote in message news:a6e77011b51d5@uwe... >I have a snippet of VBA code to insert page breaks after a particular row. > This works fine in Excel 2007, but it doesn...

Document Numbers already exists
Has anyone come across this error message in converting a fulfillment order? 'Document number already exists'? ...

How can I copy a list from word into a single cell in excel
Data in word is presented as a bullet list. I have copied this data into a new doc and removed the formatting to leave just the list of items. I now wish to copy this data into excel but want it to appear in one single cell retaining its list format rather than continuous text Well, you can save it as TEXT and then read into WORD. If you really want it in one cell, you can then concatenate the values together using a formula similar to this =A1&B1 If you want a space between the data, use =A1&" "&B1 Remember that there is a cell length limit that you may come...

Cannot Schedule Microsoft Exchange Conferencing
I've deployed Office2003 with Outlook2003 to a portion of my office. The users cannot properly schedule an online meeting using Microsoft Exchange Conferencing. Whenever "This is an online meeting using:" is checked, I get the following message regardless of what I include in the Resource field on Send: "Please select an Exchange Conferencing Mailbox as a resource." [OK] When I uncheck "This is an online meeting using:", and keep the data conference mailbox listed as a resource, I get "The information store could not be opened. Unable to directl...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Dynamics GP Collection Letters in Word
I would recommend that Microsoft add a document date option for the collection letters. Not everybody goes off of the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Inserting a Flash Animation on an email
How can insert a flash animation to an email. Where does .swf file has to be so the person that receive the email can see the animation? Regards, Jessie ...

trying to get Word tables into Publisher

Insert File (Insert as Text) Into Contacts
I'm using O2003. I have a number of files I always insert into my contact's notes. By default, the Insert button on the "Insert File" dialog defaults to inserting the file. Is there a way to change this button to default to "Insert as text" thxs Shawn srm <> wrote: > I'm using O2003. I have a number of files I always insert into my > contact's notes. By default, the Insert button on the "Insert File" > dialog defaults to inserting the file. Is there a way to change this > button to default to "Inse...

master document and endnotes
I have a Word 2007 document with nine separate chapters each with its own set of endnotes. I wish to form these chapters into one document with each set of endnotes at the end but retaining their original numbers; that is similar to a book. I used to know how to do this but have forgotten how -- bobnich If each chapter is a separate section (and only a single section), you can tell Word to put the notes at the end of the section rather than at the end of the book, restarting the numbers in each section. If you want them all collected at the end of the book, then you just need ...

symbol _kCFLocaleGroupiNgSeparator
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> I just upgraded my MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15' running Leopard (old aluminum style) one of the new (unibody) 17 inch MacBook Pros running Snow Leopard. I used the migration assistant and a time-capsule disk to &quot;migrate&quot;. Most things are working fine, like Powerpoint for instance. Word however, is not happy. I keep getting a dialog &quot;Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly&quot;. <br><br>I did some research and tried a few things, most notably; fixing permissions, removing ...

Microsoft Money 2004 #4
I installed MM 2004 and now I get Error Caused by a Device Driver. Basicly it tells me to uninstall a "Third Party Product" which is causing this error??? Is Microsoft now a third party to Microsoft? ...

CListCtrl slowing down after several insert's/delete's
Hello, Here's a twist on a classic question on CListCtrl being slow to remove thousands of records. I'll first described the setup then the various tests I did. The program is running on Win98, I guess on XP I won't even know if there's a difference, but I am curious about why it gets slower after multiple fill in a listctrl. I have an executable acting as the main program. Menu option calls a dialog box (call it DIALOG A) in a DLL which displays ~250 records. This listctrl loads in a flash. Upon selecting a record from the list, another window (call it DIALOG B) is di...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

Sql insert statment from from list box to table or form
I have the following list box called list0 with the following in row source. SELECT tblCityStateZip.City, tblCityStateZip.State, tblCityStateZip.Zip FROM tblCityStateZip; i have a form called frmpeople with the following PeopleID LastName FirstName Address City State Zip(Combo Box) SELECT tblCityStateZip.Zip, tblCityStateZip.City, tblCityStateZip.State FROM tblCityStateZip; What i want to do is when user double clicks on city state zip in the list box will insert those in the form called people where it says City,State,Zip. Any ideas. Jeremy, Well, is the list0 listbox also on ...

Keep phone number fomatting from excel to print on WORD labels
With an older version of Microsoft Office when phone numbers in excel were formatted (555) 555-5555 and you mail merged them to a WORD label the formatting printed on to the label. The new version of these programs just types the numbers of 5555555555 without the ( ) and the -. I would like the formatting of the excel file to transfer to the WORD labels. If you format a cell as Special > Phone number and enter 1234567890 it will display as : (123) 456-7890 When the cell is copied and pasted into Word the formatting is preserved. -- Gary''s Student "Thelma Theiler&quo...

Insert File Path
In Word 2007, I would like to have either a shortcut key or a QAT button to insert the full file path of my document. I use this very frequently in the footer. File path and Insert file path commands are not available in Customize process. How can I do this? Save the field as an AutoText entry and assign a keyboard shortcut. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA "gordo" <> wrote in message news:uFg6YFRoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In Word 2007, I would like to...

How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text } I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course this was rejected. I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg") but this had the same effect. I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened up the binary in a separate Excel window...

Try that critical package from the Microsoft Corporation
--raeddklkidcvklu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="raeozhtviqupeqwfv"; type="multipart/alternative" --raeozhtviqupeqwfv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lifkjmddjmskvddz" --lifkjmddjmskvddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now ...