How to get rid of pop-up question boxes (form fields) in Word 2007

  • Follow

I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on the
template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These were
pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of existing
form fields.

Thanks,
FinnLisa
0
Reply Utf 2/11/2010 3:56:05 PM

Please see replies in your previous thread on this subject.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"FinnLisa" <FinnLisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
> template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on
> the
> template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These
> were
> pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
> fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
> looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of
> existing
> form fields.
>
> Thanks,
> FinnLisa