How to get rid of pop-up question boxes (form fields) in Word 2007

I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on the
template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These were
pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of existing
form fields.

Thanks,
FinnLisa

Please see replies in your previous thread on this subject.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"FinnLisa" <FinnLisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
> template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on
> the
> template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These
> were
> pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
> fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
> looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of
> existing
> form fields.
>
> Thanks,
> FinnLisa

0
Suzanne

Navigation Bar Question
When I first started using AC2007 I was having issues with the Navigation Bar not showing the number of records. Either the record number wasn't displayed or the number of records wasn't being displayed. So I abandoned it and used a Text box to show the number of records. Out of curiosity I changed the property of the form's Navigation Buttons to Yes. The Nav Bar seems to be working correctly now! I have upgraded to the SP1 and was wondering if this issue was addressed in SP1. Thanks, James If you want to track down what was fixed in SP1, see: http://support.microsoft.com/?k...

Forcing Combo box entry in VBA
In my user form, I have several combo boxes that take their source from various named ranges. The drop down lists work fine but at the moment, a user is able to overwrite whats in the dropdown. How can I ensure that only what is in the drop down is chosen? TIA "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D124AC9-8614-4619-B8B9-8D1C7AE5A4FB@microsoft.com... > In my user form, I have several combo boxes that take their source from > various named ranges. > > The drop down lists work fine but at the moment, a user is able to o...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Average If Question #2
We are trying to average the numbers in one column only if they equal any or all of 6 different numbers from a different column (7474, 7921, 8612, 9011, 3945, 2209). We are using this formula, but it seems to be giving us slightly different numbers than if we just pulled the numbers together through sorting and took the average. =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B9={7474, 7921, 8612, 9011, 3945, 2209},C1:C9,FALSE)) Try: =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B9={7474,7921,8612,9011,3945,2209},C1:C9)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl + shift + enter. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >We are trying to ...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Calculating Fields and Manual Input
Hello, Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually inputted?. For example, if field 1 and field 2 has data then calculate field 3. Can we also have the user simply enter the total amount into 3. What I have noticed is if I enter an amount directly into field 3 and field 1 and 2 do not have data the value goes back to 0 (which makes sense) but wondering if there is a way around this. Thanks! On Jul 1, 6:06 am, MDV1457 <MDV1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > Is it possible to have a field that is both calculated or manually > inputted...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

A Crystal Beginner

Unable to configure DPM protection for Sharepoint 2007
Hi there, Let me give you my configuration first. 2 Frontend Sharepoint servers which are load balanced 1 Indexing server 1 database server All of the above run on Windows 2008 R2 x64 Sharepoint has SP2 installed and is using Microsoft SQL 2008 The DPM server has Windows 2008 SP1 standard installed and DPM is on SP1. I want to configure the new sharepoint environment to be backupped with DPM 2007. However, I cannot get this to work. I've tried two methods. First thing I did was install the DPM clients on all sharepoint machines and tried to run the "configureshar...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

Resetting Autonumber field
Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? Compacting a database with an empty table will do that Pieter "Firz" <Firz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE025D3B-EF2E-48E8-B7F9-66A442D1AE73@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? Compact and repair will do it. -- "Loose Change 2nd Edition" has been seen by almost 7 million people on Google video "Firz" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can reset the Autonumber field in my table? You've already re...

Get paid while you get online!!

Question about forwarding mail to a POP3 server
I'm running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 and have come across a difficult situation. Maybe one of you can help. Our client has the SBS inside their network and are using Outlook 2003 to interface with the Exchange server. They also have a POP3 server that sits out on the 'net. We have configured each client with an Exchange mail box as well as access to their POP3 account. When Outlook sends and receives it collects from both the local Exchange server as well as the POP3 boxes. When a user sends they use the Exchange server. Pretty straight forward so far. The challenge we ...

Question on Printing Subtotals
Probably answered dozens of times, and I did a Google search with no success. I have subtotals calculated in three fields, Puchase Price, Paid, and Balance. I hide the details to Copy - Paste only the calculated subtotals to another workbook, but all the details are pasted as well. Is there a way to suppress Pasting the details. I could obviousy accomplish this with a Pivot Table, but management prefers the display provided by Subtotals. Many thanks. use a macro for specialcells(xlvisible) or use f5 goto special>visible cells only -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &...

Check Box Grouping
Hello, When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone know why this would happen? Ellen What happens if you change your Grouping and Sorting expression to: =IIf([YourYNFieldName],"A","B") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone > know why this would happen? > > Ellen Why would you group on a check box? I would think you would apply criteria only to get either Yes or No's. Post your que...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Field mapping for Opportunity Products
Why I can't add some field mapping for OpportunityProduct system relation with Opportunity? I need to know the default pricelist that was assigned for an Opportunity when I am at OpportunityProduct form. ...

vlookup newbie question
Hi I have a spreadsheet that is used to keep track of parts taken by sales reps. It has dates on the left column and approx 80 other columns corresponding to the individual parts. each parts column can have a vlue of 0 , 1 or more depending on how many parts they have taken on that day. What I am trying to do is (on another sheet) is enter a certain date and have it return a chart of parts taken that day(zero parts coumns excluded). this is for the purpose of giving the reps a sheet detailing just the parts they took that day. Is vloookup the best way, and HOW or is there a way to make this up...

Outlook 2003 and Custom Form
I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and Coustom Form: frmCache.dat not UpDated Error when i open this form Ecc.ecc. There is a fix or a patch ( italian language ) for these problem. Thanks Claudio ...