how to delete text from a text box in scanned document

how to delete text from a text box in scanned document

You will need OCR software (often included with the scanner) to turn the
scanned data into an editable document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"revvy" <revvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to delete text from a text box in scanned document

0
Stefan
2/5/2010 11:34:31 AM
Word has no way of editing graphics. You could use a graphics editor or you
may be able to cover the text with another text box.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"revvy" <revvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to delete text from a text box in scanned document

0
Graham

Cannot delete subreport

Strange negative indent in plain text messages
Recently my Outlook 2007 installation decided to indent the first line of any plain text message about half an inch to the left, resulting in the first 2 letters not being displayed as they happen to be outside the display area. That applies to editing mails as well as displaying mails in a separate window and in reading pane. Up to now I wasn't able to figure out how to reset that indent configuration. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. sounds like a style is messed up. if the 'outdent' can't be changed using the Decrease indent button (next to the alignment b...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Forms Controls
I'm using a group box with several check boxes in a spreadsheet. I need to use forms controls instead of activex and i haven't figured out how to change the font in the group box label or check box labels. What am i missing here? Nothing. You can't do it with the controls from the Forms toolbar. Patti wrote: > > I'm using a group box with several check boxes in a spreadsheet. I need to use forms controls instead of activex and i haven't figured out how to change the font in the group box label or check box labels. What am i missing here? -- Dave Peterson ec35...

Rule for Deleted Items

Tabbing between text boxes and locking all else.
I have built a user form using Excel 2000, I used the "View - Toolbars - Control Tool Box - Text Box" to make areas where the user can enter data. I saved this as a template and when I try to move from one box to the next using the Tab key, nothing happens, cursur won't move to the next box. I have to use the mouse to click on the next box to make it work. I would also like to make the sheet so that when it is opened up, the only place you can type are in the text boxes. I tried protecting the sheet, but that doesn't seem to do what I am looking for. (Unless I am doing s...

Combo Box to show images
Hi There I am wondering if someone can help me. I am using access to create a survey/questionnaire that children with disabilities will be using. I am trying to make it user friendly for them and I am at the beginning and already hit a snag. I am using Access 2007 although I can use 2002 if it will make it easier (used to using that, trying to get to grips with new layout in 2007 still). There are several questions, some of them are straighforward and will just have space for them to type and answer. The ones I am trying to do at the moment says something like... What do you like doing ...

Message Box strangeness
I have included the chunk of code with a few names changed, but the functionality is there. I think it will be easier for me to explain my problem after you take a quick glance at the code: onConnectButton() { int go=-1; if(c_task_check.GetCheck()) { go=MessageBox("Doing this will erase old data","Warning",MB_OKCANCEL); } int start=start_server(); if(start==WAITING_FOR_CLIENT) { SetDlgItemText(ServerEdit,"Connected to Client"); c_button1.EnableWindow(true); c_button2.EnableWindow(true); c_button3.EnableWindow(false); c_button4.EnableWindo...

Delete macros

Adding text content to Memo field
I have two memo fields, Memo1 and Memo2. Memo1 cannot be edited (its locked property is set to true). So I have the user enter text notes in Memo2, and then I have a command button that allows the user to add the contents of Memo2 to Memo1with the current date. My code is as follows: Me!Memo1 = vbCrLf & Format(Date, "mm/dd/yyyy") & vbCrLf & Me!Memo2 & vbCrLf & Me!Memo1 Now I am recieving an error message: "Could not update. Currently locked by another session on this machine". I belive I have about 72K characters in the Memo1 field and was wondering if ...

pie chart legend text
My pie chart has 10 data values (e.g. 10 sectors). The legend shows a little box with the color that coordinates with each sector and they are automatically numbered 1 thru 10. I have the data in a column and the respective text in an adjacent column. I want the legend text to come from the spreadsheet. Right now, I get numbers 1 thru 10 next to the little box and I cannot seem to change the text. Maybe I have the data set up wrong? Should it be something other than columns? Tnx in advance for any help Brian becoon@twcny.rr.com Brian - A little work up front saves trouble lat...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

original text spell checked
running exchange 2000\sp3 with outlook 2000\sp2 clients. Mail format set to html, use word to edit html and rich text messages is checked. along with the option to ignore original message text in reply or forward on the spelling tab. We are still having the original text spell checked even though our options are set to not do this. Am I missing something? thanks, ...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Change font or increase size of spellcheck box
I'm working on a laptop, and the text in the spellcheck box is a little smaller than I can read comfortably. Is it possible to enlarge it? I'm using Word 2003. Thanks. No - it is written in stone. Your choices are to reduce the resolution of your display adapter to something that is more visible, or use the Windows accessibility options to magnify the text. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://w...

Extracting the number from a text
Hi, In a cell say C3, the value is such as S9(09)V(05). the value of that cell might be in one of the following format: (1) S(9)V(5) (2) S9(09)V(05) (3) S9(9)V(05) (4) S9(09)V(5) (5) S(11) My requirement is: i need to get the numbers extracted which, is present before & after the letter 'V' & enclosed in parantheses. In some cases, the letter V may not be there. (for ex: point 5 - here, only one number is there ie.11) This extraction should happen ONLY if the cell E3 has the value "COMP-3." Thanks in Advance. Venkatesh V First number: =IF($E$3="COMP...

Deleting an email

recent documents list
When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. I followed instructions in the "Options" menu, but the appropriate box is dimmed. So I can't check it to enable this feature. Gretchen <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. Why are you posting this in a Publisher discussion group??? Gretchen, Have you used an anti-spyware tool and removed the MRU lists along with the other malware. "Gretchen" <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...