how to alphabetize labels

  • Follow

I am using Microsoft Word 2007.  I have address labels that I am trying to
alphabetize and am not having any luck.  I saw a previous post regarding this
and can't seem to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
0
Reply Utf 2/13/2010 4:21:01 PM

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:21:01 -0800, John
<John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using Microsoft Word 2007.  I have address labels that I am trying to
>alphabetize and am not having any luck.  I saw a previous post regarding this
>and can't seem to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

The most useful method is to convert the current label document into a
mail merge source
(http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm). Then you
can merge the data to new labels (or envelopes or letters or...) in
sorted order, as well as being able to select sets of labels by postal
code, etc. (http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman