how to alphabetize labels

I am using Microsoft Word 2007.  I have address labels that I am trying to
alphabetize and am not having any luck.  I saw a previous post regarding this
and can't seem to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:21:01 -0800, John
<John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using Microsoft Word 2007.  I have address labels that I am trying to
>alphabetize and am not having any luck.  I saw a previous post regarding this
>and can't seem to get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

The most useful method is to convert the current label document into a
mail merge source
(http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm). Then you
can merge the data to new labels (or envelopes or letters or...) in
sorted order, as well as being able to select sets of labels by postal
code, etc. (http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

More on Alphabetize
My apologies for a badly written question. I have Excel Workbooks for each of 12 months (e.g. Jan. 2004 Daily Figures). They are in a Folder in My Documents named '2003 Daily Figures', in irregular order. I can Drag each but not Drop it where I wish it. Is there a way to Alphabetize the 12 Excel entries within a My Documents Folder? Sure. Rename them to 01-2004, 02-2004, etc. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Old ...

XY chart with labels
Country Volume - % Germany 3,000,000 - 45% UK 5,100,000 - 76% Denmark 1,250,000 - 22% France 1,500,000 - 38% Belgium 2,000,000 - 85% Given data above, I can easily create an X-Y chart based on volume and %. But is it possible that when I mouse over to any particular point for the data label to also display the country? Thanks, DSK You can fake the chart tips that pop up, using the Auto Hover Labels approach on Tushar Mehta's site (http://tushar-mehta.com). You could also put permanent data labels on the points using the country names, using the Chart Labeler on Rob Bovey'...

An alphabetically sorted list of findings...
I have been building on a converter between two systems. The goal hav been to find which twelve "Skills" is followed by the highest value and then create a list out of the top twelve. It may look somethin like this: Climb Heal Craft: Electronics Listen Performance: Dance Craft: Art Knowledge: Physics Drive Knowledge: History Diplomacy Sleight of Hand Knowledge: Geology Hide Move Silently What would help me a great deal would be if I somehow could build separate list of cells gathered from this list, searching for specific word, such as "Knowledge:&...

Alphabetize?
With a list of topics by the month (e.g. July 2004 Daily Numbers), how can they be alphabetized? Perhaps one way .. Assuming you have in col A, A1 down July 2004 Daily Numbers July 2004 Weekly Numbers August 2004 Daily Numbers August 2004 Weekly Numbers September 2004 Daily Numbers September 2004 Weekly Numbers etc Put in B1: =MID(TRIM(A1),SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A1),SEARCH(" ",TRIM(A1))+1)+1,99) Copy down Col B will extract the text-string after the "Month Year" string Use col B as the key to sort both cols A and B Alternatively, Try Data > Text to colum...

alphabet tabs
I am trying to create a draft a dictionary-type document where I would have a tmplate with a letter for each page (i.e. A,B,C....X,Y,Z). Then I could readily select a page where I could add an item or word for a specific letter (i.e. quickly go to M or P or Q) On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:31:02 -0800, David Glover <David Glover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a draft a dictionary-type document where I would have a >tmplate with a letter for each page (i.e. A,B,C....X,Y,Z). Then I could >readily select a page where I could add an item or word for...

alphabetically paginate in a merge
i'm trying to put a church directory together and have no problem merging from my excel database but i'm wondering if there is some way that i can cause the merge to paginate alphabetically... like in an address book. all the "a's" together, all the "b's" together and so on. any help would be greatly appreciated! What version Publisher? If you are using 2003-07 you could do this manually if you are using the catalogue merge. After the merge, in step five, create a new publication. Arrange the entries the way you are describing. -- Mary Sauer MSF...

insert icon in a label template
I would like to create a label template for Avery 5162 labels where the icon is on the first 3/4" from the left, then place the address info to the right. Any help appreciated. ...

How may I make a list display in alphabetical order in Excel?
Data>sort>ascending -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pat henry" <pathenry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:497E03A1-36FD-4962-B081-A66FC962E884@microsoft.com... > ...

Macro to Click on Alphabet Letter to go to Cell Where that Alphabet Letter Starts in Large Spreadsheet
I have a very large spreadsheet with text entries and would like to set it up so that I could click on a letter, for example, "d" and I'd be taken to the first cell with an entry beginning with "d". I also need to be able to continue to add data to the spreadsheet. I've read a lot of posts and the best solution seems to be setting up a macro. My problem is that I've never been able to record a macro and my attempts to try these in both Word and Excel have failed miserably. I've basically been self-taught in the Microsoft office programs for the past few yea...

Auto-Alphabetize

alphabetize a list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to alphabetize a list that is just typed in as text, with hard return at end of each phrase? Thee list is not in table or mail merge format. Hi, this can be done in Word, but the option is well hidden. Select your text, then click on Table>Sort, and you'll be given the possibility to enter your sorting criteria. On 14/01/10 16:47, yoshore@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Is there a way to alphabetiz...

Additional fields to LABEL
Hi Has anyone found out how to add items additional fields ( UnitOfMeasure by example) to Label? Ene wrote: > Hi > > Has anyone found out how to add items additional fields ( UnitOfMeasure by > example) to Label? no, you can add on rms label only fields available in label designer. cod Ene, We have an advance labeling software called RITE Label, that allows printing for additional fields such as Unit of Measure. If you are interested in learning more please give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager ...

Goofy Labels
I am creating a contract or I should say we are creating a contract since you guys are solving all my problems. This problem deals with labels. I have used OCR to take some contract parts from another contract and copy and paste them into labels to speed up the process. So the problem could lie there but. The last letter on the labels is either not there or is cut in half. The properties on the label is set to distribute because I have to justify all the text to the end so they all end at the same place. Thanks Dan ...

Icons __AND__ labels?! How do I get rid of toolbar LABELS!
Excel 2007 Toolbars have BOTH icons and explanitory labels. I now have to click-bitch my way through multiple tool bars. What a cluttered waste. There don't seem to be any sort of options, program customization, selecting file locations, font display, program formatting, NOTHING. Where do I find these commands? I ordered up the Vista Home Premium edition. I didn't expect these demo-quality crap programs. 20 gig loaded onto a new computer. of what?..... You seem frustrated. This may help: View > Toolbars > Customize... > Options make sure Large Icons is not...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

alphabetical
How can I make excel ogranize a block of cells by alphabetical or numerical order. But also having the cells associated with those being moved alos. (or just move the rows only) I dont know you guys are the experts. Thanks in advance G.S. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Suggest you always use Ctrl+A to select all cells on the sheet *before* invoking the sort then you won't have the problem. Read more on sorting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: h...

how do you sort ascend two columns alphabetically
i am trying to sort ascend two columns in order at the same time. Hi, select both columns, as first level choose first column in ascending sorting and as 2nd level tell to sort in ascending order column 2 "sherryc525" wrote: > i am trying to sort ascend two columns in order at the same time. ...

Shipping Labels from Outlook?
Hello, I am searching for a utility/service that enables me to print UPS and USPS shipping labels from Outlook. Please tell me which do you use. Thanks, Talal ...

xy chart labeler, label length
Hi, I am using this wonderful tool called "xy chart labeler". However, I would like to increase the length of the labels that I have defined. Is this possible? Unfortunately, I cannot make the textbox larger that contains the label. Thanks. Raoul Those data labels are not true textboxes (nor are chart and axis titles). You cannot resize them aside from changing the font size, and only Excel decides where to wrap the lines. The workaround is to use real textboxes instead of data labels. Unfortunately these are not integrated into a chart as smoothly as a data label, and a...

RMS label printing on continous label printer
According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set up for Avery labels only. But in the label wizard I see Barcode Blaster labels listed there. Those look like they might be for a continuous label printer. Has anyone been able to print labels from RMS with a continous label printer? And if so, what make/model are you using? Thanks, Scott Emick On Sep 15, 11:05=A0am, Scott <scott.em...@gmail.com> wrote: > According to Customersource, the built in label printing in RMS is set > up for Avery labels only. =A0But in the label wizard I see Barcode ...

How to I print one cassette label in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to print one cassette label on a sheet of labels and it prints the full sheet. Is there any way in Office Publisher 2003 to print just one label at a time? Take a look at the label in page setup, make a note of the margins and gaps. On the publication page use these dimensions in Arrange, Layout Guides. The L7655 cassette label the measurements would be: Side 1.47cm Top 2.32cm Horizontal gap .25cm Vertical gap zero -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Church Sec" <Church Sec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811E7D1B-1D0F-4BC0-8051-6615B1...

Alphabetical Sort
I have made a table to use as a Membershiplist in MSPub. How can I sort the members' names into alphabetical order? Copy it into a Spreadsheet and sort it there. The use of a Spreadsheet is only limited by your imagination, and is not only for crunching numbers. Then just copy and paste it into Publisher. Just post back if you need any further assistance. -- ...

Alphabetizing
I cannot figure out how to alphabetize my entries in Excel 2007. In 2003 I just clicked a button. How do I do that in 2007? thanks On the Data tab of the Ribbon, choose the Sort button. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:00:02 -0700, DeniseB <DeniseB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot figure out how to alphabetize my entries in Excel 2007. In 2003 I >just clicked a button. How do I do that in 2007? >thanks ...

Columns labeled as numbers, not letters!
Help! I have office 97, and the columns are labeled as 1, 2, 3, 4 rather than A, B, C, D. The rows are still labled as numbers. This makes working with formulas and spreadsheets too frustrating! Thanks! Go to Tools > Options > General tab and uncheck the box for "R1C1 reference style". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Help! I have office 97, and the columns are labeled as 1, >2, 3, 4 rather than A, B, C, D. The rows are still labled >as numbers. This makes working with formulas and >spreadsheets too frustrating! > >Thank...

Print all records labels
I've several times carefully followed the directions for setting up a mail merge with labels in MS Word vs 2003 (even though I know how to do this, since I was having problems I started over from square one) and each time I get the same result which is that the only records that print are 1-30. I have it set up to print on a sheet of 30 labels. The only way I can print the rest of the labels is to go to record 31 and print that page and so on. I choose to print the entire document but get the same result each time - only one page at a time will print. Any ideas? Try this site by ...