How do you swap pages in Word?

Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content, and
I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
cutting and pasting?
-1

If they have distinctive Headings above them, you can go to Outline
View, collapse them to only that level of outline, and drag the
heading to where you want it to be.

Word doesn't really have "pages," so the simplest way to do it is to
insert Section Breaks before and after the part you want to move, and
cut & paste the section.

On Mar 28, 9:54=A0am, Jeremy <Jer...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word? =A0For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of =A0some of my content=
, and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible withou=
> cutting and pasting?

0
Peter
3/28/2010 2:09:36 PM
No. The main reason being that Word has no idea what a "page" is. For more
information see http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

If you used heading styles, you might be able to rearrange parts in the
outline by dragging them around.

Yves

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content,
> and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
> cutting and pasting?

0
Yves
3/28/2010 2:12:35 PM
Well, if you have been using the built-in headings, you can switch to
Outline view, collapse headings and then move a heading and all of its
subordinate paragraphs. Beyond that, there's only cut and paste.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content,
> and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
> cutting and pasting?

0
Stefan

Trying to Open Tools in Word closes program
We have recently upgraded to a Roaming Profile System at our office. We have an employee that can't open Tools from the menu in Word. The program closes and askes if you want to send the data to Microsoft. I logged off her account and logged on mine and I am able to access the Tools menu using the same computer in each instance. This says to me that it's a profile problem, but I have no idea what the solution would be. I have tried doing a repair and reinstalling. Neither of these solutions worked. Any other ideas? Thanks I think I would completely remove the program, reb...

Page Breaks
What is the easiest way to insert a page break after each column? ...

Catolog Merge not printing multiple records per page
I've set up a catalog merge in Publisher 2003 where the merge area is 1/4 the size of the page. The auto text above the box says "Area will repeat 2 down by 2 across," so I assumed that meant it should put 4 records on a page. Yet it doesn't do that. When I print, it just prints one record per page. I'm trying to capture research notes in a database app, and then merge to publisher so I can print them, cut them apart, and organize how I'd like to. Have you tried creating a new publication in step 5? How much data is in the fields? Are you mergin...

Page Numbers on Table of Contents
The document that I am working with has a Toc and the page numbers are correct, But if I email the document to anyone, the page numbers in the TOC all reset to page 1. Please help! That suggests that the recipient is opening the attachment directly and has Reading Layout view (Full Screen Reading View in Word 2007) enabled. There is nothing you can do to affect this from your end except make suggestions: 1. Suggest that the recipient not open the attachment directly but instead save the document to the hard drive first and open it from there. Since Word uses RL/FSR view only...

swap axes
In a line chart, Excel seems to predetermine the category axis - how can I swap this so that my Y-value axis appears along the bottom? Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html Cheers Andy Fridgemaster wrote: > In a line chart, Excel seems to predetermine the category axis - how can I > swap this so that my Y-value axis appears along the bottom? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi, I've got the same problem as Fridgemaster. Andy, good try, but your solution is not what we are asking. Prima...

Problems with Mail Merge from Word 2000 to Outlook 2000 in Win98
Hi there- I've been successful at trouble shooting my employees many mail merge problems, but this one is stumping me: Windows 98 Outlook 2000 Word 2000 Mail merge from a Word doc, no errors in the merge data, but the messages never show up in the Outlook outbox. Possible issues: computer also has Outlook Express 6 on it and Eudora. But shouldn't matter, becase neither of those have mail merge capabilities from Word. Any thoughts? Many thanks Jesse It sure could matter. Outlook must be your default mail program. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jesse.littlewood@gmail.com>...

Duplicate images appearing on other pages in preview
I have an 8-page booklet, with several images. On pages 2 & 3, if I select 'tight' as the wrapping style, the images then also appears on page 6 & 7 in preview, although not in the printout. If I select 'square' as the wrapping style, it's OK. Any ideas as to why this is happening please? Many thanks. -- Sara ...

How to embed Word document into Excel and retain sizing, formatti.
I am using the Paste Special>Word Document to embed my word 2000 document onto my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The word document will be used for descriptions of exceptions to the specifications in my bids. Our sales assistant will copy the text from my embedded word document and past it into her Sales Proposal document. The problem I have encountered is this: When I double click on the embedded word document so I can edit the document and add text the document formatting changes. The size of the document shrinks to a document that is smaller than the underlying spreadsheet and a bold li...

Publisher colors print different on page one than on page two
My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both sides) Does anyone know why? -- Thanks snack6_enbert wrote: > My publication has two pages. I print x number of the first page, then flip > them over to print x number of page 2. No matter which I print first, or how > many, page one colors are sharper than page 2 (using the same RBG for both > sides) Does anyone know why? Sounds like you're usi...

Urgent help needed with continous page numbers but new footnotes!
Hello, I really really need some urgent help with a page numbering/footnote numbering/section breaks problem- I’m at my wit’s end! I’m not brilliant on computers and am trying to complete my dissertation using Word 2007. I need to start my page numbers within the footer on page 3 of the document, and I know how to do this using a section break, (although I seem to be having a bit of trouble with this too!). However, for each new chapter of my dissertation I need to start a new set of footnotes from number 1, while continuing the page numbering system throughout. So if the se...

Blank page at start of report
I have a report that has 2 sub reports When I view the report the first page is blank. I've come across subsequent pages being blank when the width is too long for the page setup but never the first page. Can anyone suggest a possibility? Thanks Tony Tony, Without being able to see the report itself, I'll assume the problem lies within the Report Header... since that only fires once per report, and you only get just one blank page at the start of the report. In Design mode, place the cursor in your ReportHeader section, and... Check that you have no PageBreak inserte...

How to change your Home page of your web browser?
How to change your Home page of your web browser? Iam confused about my browser and home page settings can anybody help me out like some easy steps in )- Browse to the page you want to set for your home page. http://www.tictacdo.com/ttd//How_to_change_your_Home_page_of_your_web_browser Can you share your opinion on this..? When you are at a we page you look Click on TOOL >>>>> click on Internet Option >>>>> at Home page >>>> click Use Current Click OK that's all you have to do ! "harry richards" <harryrichards715@...

Swapping cells on linked spreadsheets
I have 2 spreadasheets. The fist one is named "Name and Bed Entry". On this spreadsheet the user literally types in a name as it relates to a bed (or room number) and other info. The name and room number is then linked to another spreadsheet called Master Resident Info. This spreadsheet has the cost of that room. So, in Master Resident Info, the name entry actually looks like ... =IF('[Name & Bed Entry test.xls]Name Entry'!$B$52="","",'[Name & Bed Entry test.xls]Name Entry'!$B$52). The cost of the room in Master Resident...

Excel chokes when printing multiple charts per page
I have built an excel 2007 file which contains 7-graphs per print page. Graphs are for Sunday through Saturday and they are simple line graphs. There are a total of 54-pages of graphs covering many different work areas. The entire file size is around 10Mb and all graphed data is contained on a single tab. Problem - When I select "File, Print, Entire Workbook" excel starts building a swapfile in the Windows Printer Properties dialogue box which grows to about 650Mb, takes about 1-hour to complete the printing operation while freezing all resources on the PC. This excel file was b...

page cannot be displayed
I am unable to download anything from microsoft.com, i try and get the page cannot be displayed message no matter what i try to download. Thanks for sharing. "cowboysfan" <cowboysfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1B511C1-B8C6-4220-9C64-8858A0648935@microsoft.com... >I am unable to download anything from microsoft.com, i try and get the page > cannot be displayed message no matter what i try to download. what anti-virus app is installed and is the subscription still current? cowboysfan wrote: > I am unable to download anything f...

Rotating a single page within a multipage Publisher file
I'm working on an eight page newsletter and would like the back page to be a calendar in landscape view. All attempts to display a single page as landscape while the rest are portrait have failed. I can make them all portrait or all landscape. I suspect if it can be done it will be creating a master page but have not yet been successful. Is there a way? Robin You can either have it as a separate document or create the calendar, group it, and then rotate it 90�. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Robin Cowdrey" <cowdreyrNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrot...

data access page error, OLE server isn't registered
I have a data access page that displays information in my access 2003 database. It has worked for 5 years or more but recently one computer I use stopped working. It still works on others. I thought I would overcome this by replaceing that PC but this new windows 7 PC with Office 2003 freshly installed and updated gives the same error. I think I have eleminated network and permissions issues as a copy of the database saved to the desktop of the new PC runs OK. However, if I try and make a new data access page it says "The OLE server isn't registered". Any ...

print 1/2 page image to fill a full page
I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size. Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to just expand the entire image. Tried grouping all the elements then dragging the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted. I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11. I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either. What am I missing? Thanks...

Excel should allow you to swap rows. Also swap columns
This is a general feature request for Excel. It would be great if I could select 2 rows (using ctrl + click). Right-click on one of those rows and have a menu choice called Swap. Example: assume that I have selected row 2 and row 4, Before: 1 2 3 4 After: 1 4 3 2 ...

Multi page worksheet question
Hi guys i have a roster that is on a single worksheet. What i want to do is when I change a name into a particular shift it then takes that shift and copies the shift onto another worksheet. So when its done each employee will have a worksheet with just his shifts on it, there are only 5 employee's atm, so instead of them having to go through every day to see what each day has they can just click on their own name and get a roster that has the week setup for them. Does this make sense? if not I can post the roster to show you what it is I want to accomplish. many thanks -- Codger ...

How do I print mutiple pages on one page
I am working in Pub 2003 and have a 237 custom sized page doc, which I have created through mail merge. 3 pages fit on to one A4 sheet of paper. I want to be able to print pages 1-3 on the first piece of paper, 2-6 on the second etc etc. Does anyone know how to do it? Page size 10cm (w) x 20 cm (h). Are you relying on print preview? All entries previewing on the same on a page is a bug in Publisher 2003. You should be able to print 3 to a page if you have setup the merge the way you describe. There is a test option on the print merge screen. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

Pasting web text into word looks horrible
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm pasting text from this forum into word, then looks horrible, bad formatting, what can I do? I don't remember this happening before. In article <59bb7b89.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <kevs14@officeformac.com> wrote: > I'm >pasting text from this forum into word, then looks horrible, bad >formatting, what can I do? You can either choose "Match destination formatting" from the little menu that appears at the end of your pasted text, or you can initiate t...

Page Breaks in Trial Balance
Hello All I want to add page breaks to the Receivables TB so that there is a new page for each Debtor ID. I have found a KnowledgeBase article (854230) that seems to suggest that the TB should automatically break on Debtor ID when it is selected as the Sort criteria. This is definitely not happening on my report, they are all just running on continuously. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks ...

Hyperlink in mail message and Word
Hi, Whenever I click on a hyperlink within a mail message, it brings up the Word program, with edit mode BEFORE the link is shown up on my browser (I use FireFox). How can I turn it off? It is so annoying. I'm using: (Office 2003)Outlook 2003 with SP1 FireFox 0.9.1 XP with SP2 It happened just recently but I can't claim it is related to XP SP2. Thanks. -Aston ...

Selecting multiple pages
How do I select, for deletion or copy/paste, multiple pages within a publication? The pages are not linked. I want to select pages 89-130 of a 200 page publication to copy and paste into a new publication. Then, delete the same pages in the original publication. Thank you. -- Kaye The best I can do is two pages at a time. You have a tedious job ahead of you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "EKW" <EKW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9693E73-1476-4814-9CD5-6BA3A590A54C@microsoft.com... > How do I select, for deletion or copy/paste, ...