How do you swap pages in Word?

  • Follow

Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content, and
I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
cutting and pasting?
0
Reply Utf 3/28/2010 1:54:01 PM

If they have distinctive Headings above them, you can go to Outline
View, collapse them to only that level of outline, and drag the
heading to where you want it to be.

Word doesn't really have "pages," so the simplest way to do it is to
insert Section Breaks before and after the part you want to move, and
cut & paste the section.

On Mar 28, 9:54=A0am, Jeremy <Jer...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word? =A0For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of =A0some of my content=
, and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible withou=
> cutting and pasting?

0
Reply Peter 3/28/2010 2:09:36 PM

No. The main reason being that Word has no idea what a "page" is. For more
information see http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

If you used heading styles, you might be able to rearrange parts in the
outline by dragging them around.

Yves

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content,
> and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
> cutting and pasting?

0
Reply Yves 3/28/2010 2:12:35 PM

Well, if you have been using the built-in headings, you can switch to
Outline view, collapse headings and then move a heading and all of its
subordinate paragraphs. Beyond that, there's only cut and paste.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to swap pages and all associated content in Word?  For
> instance, let's say I decide to change the order of  some of my content,
> and
> I want to swap pages 12, 13,14 with 31, 32, 33....is this possible without
> cutting and pasting?

0
Reply Stefan 3/28/2010 2:17:56 PM

(page loaded in 0.048 seconds)