How do you move a picture in Word 2007 and move the caption with i

I have multiple pictures inserted in my Word 2007 document.  I have inserted
captions with each picture.  When I move a picture within the document, I'd
like the caption to automatically move with the picture and retain its
relationship to the picture, i.e., centered below the picture.

I've read other posts concerning adding frames and inserting both picture
and caption into a frame, but once I have them inside a frame, I seem to lose
control of how to position them relative to each other inside the frame.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this, or can someone please advise how to
do this?

Wrapping a frame around a picture and its caption is the easiest approach.
Usually you would put the caption and the picture in different text
paragraphs. You will then have to take care of their relative placements by
using indentation and/or paragraph alignment.

You are right that it won't look as good as using the text wrapping options,
but it will be easier to maintain.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MH6FMQIP" <MH6FMQIP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have multiple pictures inserted in my Word 2007 document.  I have
>inserted
> captions with each picture.  When I move a picture within the document,
> I'd
> like the caption to automatically move with the picture and retain its
> relationship to the picture, i.e., centered below the picture.
>
> I've read other posts concerning adding frames and inserting both picture
> and caption into a frame, but once I have them inside a frame, I seem to
> lose
> control of how to position them relative to each other inside the frame.
>
> Is there a tutorial on how to do this, or can someone please advise how to
> do this?

0
Stefan

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet?
I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it. My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to. I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas? When protecting the sheet "allow users to:" Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects. Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells if they are allowed to select those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:00:02 -0800, sue@solotel <suesolotel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a worsksheet with sel...

Moving license to a new computer

Word wrap in excel?
Hi, Is there word wrap functionality in excel? If in cell A1 I have a string of text say 5000 chars long, Is there functionality in excel to wrap this text around when the text reaches the vertical page break? Thanks, DK "David Kennedy" <dkennedy85@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:use8PWeMIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there word wrap functionality in excel? > > If in cell A1 I have a string of text say 5000 chars long, > Is there functionality in excel to wrap this text around when the text > reaches the vertical page break? You...

Possible? Using Word template .dot file as app's doc template?
Just curious... I was wondering if a Word .dot file could be used as a template for my app's document. It would give users the option of customizing the look of output from my program without my having to duplicate a lot of functionality. For them it would be a familiar way to do the formatting. A win/win as they say. Do Word documents have a published format, or are redistributable .dll files available from Microsoft (at extra cost) to do this? Thanks, Rick ...

Charts look different when pasted into Word by different users
I work for a national organsiation. When users in different locations paste exactly the same chart into Word, using exactly the same method, the charts look different: specifically, the font on the axis labels distorts slightly. This makes it very difficult for documents incoporating charts to be created across sites in a uniform manner. There may be subtle differences in the charts. Check that the Font Autoscale checkbox has the same state (checked or unchecked) for all charts. Also, which version(s) of Office is/are in use? The way Excel charts are pasted into Word has evolved. - ...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...

constant for Format Picture dialog box?
Anyone know the constant (named or numeric) for the Format Picture dialog box? It's not wdDialogFormatPicture -- that just opens the Picture dialog. I've tried using SendKeys to walk through the dialog but it only works sometimes; it's just not reliable enough, even using a sleep routine. ---larry Or, failing that, anyone have any suggestions for automatically compressing and downsampling (to the "web" setting of 92 dpi) in image that has just been inserted. It needs to be something that's entirely within VBA or makes a shell call to a tool that I can be...

Autofilter in Excel 2007
I have a sheet of financial data to which I have applied the autofilter. Clicking on the downarrow in each of the header fields produces a series of options one of which is the filter. This filter box then lists the discrete data for that particular field with an associated checkbox. However, the one field I do want to filter in this manner - "Payees" - displays a Text Filter box with only one choice: Select All. In Excel 2003 all the Payees would be appropriately listed for selection. Que pasa? I want to use this approach to extract records pertaining to selected payees. Hi...

Safe to Move?

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Word 2007 Headings
At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that they are visible all of the time? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:44:05 -0800, longmere <longmere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click >on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that >they are visible all of the time? Thanks. There are multiple ways: - Double-click any of the items. - Press Ctrl+F1. - ...

Manipulating embeded exccel in word (Repost)
Hi there, I have seen quite a few posts on this and know it is "easily" accomplished, however I have a bit of a different requirement. I have a Word document that I have embedded the following: - 1 Sheet that holds score data that users can edit within word - 6 Graphs (from the same workbook) that report the data in different ways. What I want to happen is that when the data in the embedded worksheet is edited, then all the other graphs update to reflect the edited data or scores. Any ideas ? I have one, which is to cycle through each embedded chart and copy the data scores ...

Moving Exchange 2000

Why the change in default color palette in Word 2007?
My team has been using the bright blue in Word 2003 default palette for specific need. We recently upgraded to Word 2007 (about time) and we've found this specific blue is no longer available in the defaults. In fact, the palette as a whole seem to be more muted and more "natural," which I really prefer. I'm trying to make a case for the new blue and wondered whether Microsoft conducted any surveys/studies (that I can access) to explain the color changes. It is still available. If you click on More colors you can select the colors you used in 2003. I also pref...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Formatting numbers as words
I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to accomplish that. Thanks for any help. On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:28:02 -0700, kltino wrote: > I found the link to http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm suggested > in an earlier question. How do I attach this to a specific field? I have a > dollar amount that I need to print in words and I don't know how to > accomplish that. Thanks for any help...