How do you append a PDF document to the end of an essay?

Using Microsoft Word 2003
-1

How big is your PDF file? (How many pages?)

I'm interested to see what suggestions others come up with, because this is
something I do quite frequently. The only solution I have found is to insert
"snapshots" of each page of the PDF file into the Word document as images.

To do this, open your PDF document and size it so you can see each entire
page at a time. Use the Snapshot tool (Tools --> Select and Zoom --> Snapshot
Tool, available even in the free Reader version) and then click to select the
area you want to copy (i.e., one page of your PDF file). It will flash, at
which point you know the image has been copied. Then go into your Word
document, insert the cursor where you want the image, and paste. You can
resize the image in Word so it takes up an entire page. Repeat this process
for each page of your PDF file.

Advantage to this method: you can ensure the PDF file is truly part of your
document, meaning it can have consistent headers/footers/page numbering etc.
with your document.

Disadvantages: time-consuming; not practical for documents of more than a
handful of pages; makes for very large Word files.

I hope this helps somewhat - I'll be watching to see what other suggestions
people have!

"miss_frusciante" wrote:

> Using Microsoft Word 2003

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

document inquiry
When using Inquiry, Purchasing, Transaction by Vendor, it would be nice if the system defaulted (or gave an option for default) for document date rather than document number. Also, it would be better if the displayed items would list the more current items on top rather than having to scroll down to the bottom each time I want to review information. It is great to show all year's data in one screen to scroll down, but I review current year data more than I do prior year data. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

problem outputing a file to CMYK PDF for commerical printing
Hello, My commerical printing store said to give them a CMYK PDF file. My publications contains several large photos mostly in RGB but some in CMYK. Do they all need to be converted to CMYK originally prior to being embedded to publisher. I read in a post that it is best that that I import my images in RGB and allow Publisher to convert to CMYK, can you please verify this. Most importantly I am trying to output a file to CMYK PDF for commerrcial printing but I always get an error at the end of the procedure that reads "failed to print" and no output file. I read this other...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

Why double click on row line moves me on the end of sheet?
I often work with Microsoft Excel 2003, but one thing makes me angry. Every time I double click on row line (when I try to double click field and I hit line by mistake), my selection moves to the end of the sheet. Why Excel does it? I don't think that anyone uses this for moving down. Would you mind changing this into next version of MS Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Importing from pdf possible?
Hi I have an acrobat pdf file that has the appearance of a table of data. Is there any utility that attempts to import this into Excel 2002? Obviously it would have to use some sort of intelligence and the result would need careful checking. -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears You can convert the pdf to an html file, and then open it up in Excel. Of course you'll lose some formatting but you can reconstruct it with copy/paste or some formulas. You need to download pdf995 to start the process: http://www.pdf995.com/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Messa...

importing data into a Word document
Say you have a Word document that is setup like a form in that it has lines for people to input data. It is technically not a form in that you don't click into a box and type data. Rather the blank lines indicate people should input something there. Is there a way to take data from a Excel file and import that data into the Word file in specific locations? If so would there have to be some formatting done to the locations where the data would import into? Look at Word help for Mail Merge file creation with Excel as the data source. I think that might be helpful to ...

Append and Append To priviliges
Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? Jay Append allows a user to be able to add items to an object for example you can append an address to an account. Append to allows a user to append this object to something else. You would need append to priv on the address object. They work together. "Jay Mehta" <jay.mehta@conexio.com> wrote in message news:b6caea5f.0310311043.682d756c@posting.google.com... > Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? > > Jay So, in the example you gave of appending an Address object to an Account object,...

How do I make editable PDF forms using Excel?
First off let me say I apologize for not keeping my Microsoft Office skills up to par. I just spent a few hours making a very nice-looking, printable member registration form using Excel. Unfortunately, I now want to be able to convert it to PDF, and make it so that the answer fields are editable in the PDF. ...but don't see how. Is there a way to do that using Excel? (I suppose my first problem is that I need help inserting editable form fields into excel worksheets? It seems to me I used to be able to do that, but I have completely forgotten to do that. I can in Word...but copying...

Publisher html document incompatable with Internet Explorer.
I have created a newsletter in Microsoft Publisher and then saved it as a filtered web page. When viewed in Fiefox and Safari it works perfectly, with the ability to display each page seperatly and navigate between them using the navbar created during the "save as a web document" procedure. In internet explorer however only page 1 is displayed and the navigation is not displayed at all. Can anyone suggest the cause of the problem and a solution. Thanks -- Dave Hawks There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are ...

append query with dtae and username
I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current date&Time and current username of the user . Many thanks, Dan Please ignore- wrong Group, sorry "Dan" wrote: > I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field > in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". > How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current ...

Changing publisher 2003 document to a pdf
I created a postcard mailer in Pubisher 2003 using a template. The printer said I have to change the format of a PDF so he can open it and print it. I can't seem to do it. When I go to File and Send e-mail, the only option that shows up is sending it as a publisher document. That's because you need third party software to do that. Adobe's Acrobat is the "real deal" but there are several low-cost or free alternatives. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Chris A." <Chris A.@dis...

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

OWA not working on Front End server
Hi All, We've got a setup here with a front/backend servers (Win2K3/Exch2K3) with OWA not showing up on the front end. What we want to do is have a single OWA logon for remote users whether it's here or at our office in Jersey. The problem is that OWA is not loading on my front end box, but it seems to be working fine on the back end one. I just get a page not found screen. I'm new to the front/back server setup so I'm hoping someone can guide me through it or show me a how-to Any help would be appreciated, Regards, I am having the same issue and same scenario ... se...

Re-Post Append to Append Query
Hi there, Awhile back, I posted about the following: Have a main form and sub form. When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects there response. Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to execute some kind of additional append query that will ignore question ids that have already been populated, and add new ones. As he so often does, Allen Brown very kindly posted responses and I ha...

Get count of append without appending?
I have several append queries. I would like to know how many records each would add to the target table without actually adding those records (the decision as to whether to add or not may be subjective). Is there a way other than duplicating the append queries with a select query? Dick Cleaveland hi Dick, news2@rgcle.com wrote: > Is there a way other than duplicating the append queries with a select > query? No, not really. Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub CountAppending() On Local Error GoTo LocalError Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb B...

Creating a PDF file programatically from Excel
Excel 2003. I am using the following code to create a separate Excel file and PDF file for each sheet in my workbook. The .SaveAs works fine and creates a file without prompting me. However, the .PrintOut prompts me for the file name and location for the PDF file. How may I make it create the PDF file without a prompt? As a subquestion, how may I set my default working directory so that the .SaveAs and the .PrintOut direct their output to this directory? Thanks and God bless. Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For a = ...

How do I get the sentence count in a word document?
-- Many thanks in advance best regards Ian Word Count provides a count of words, characters, lines, and paragraphs but not sentences. Although a macro can be written to get a rough count, Word can't necessarily distinguish between the period at the end of a sentence and the period following an abbreviation. There must be some algorithm, however, as the "readability statistics" are based to some extent on the number of words in the average sentence, I think. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word...

Publisher / pdf
when creating a pdf file from publisher, I get this error message "pdf printer is not bound to adobe pdf port". this does not happen with any other program. I Googled the message and found a suggestion in one of Adobe's newsgroups. It's worth trying. "Check this to see if it is a possible fix: go to your Printers and right-click on the Adobe PDF Printer. Go to Properties and on the Advanced tab make sure that "Start printing after last page is spooled" is NOT checked. Then try to use the PDFMaker to create the PDF and see if you still get the error. ...

Append to Append Query
First of all, my apologies to anyone who read this in the Forms Coding group. I had misposted it there, when it should have been here. Here is my post: Awhile back, I posted about the following: > > Have a main form and sub form. > > When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an > append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers > for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects > there > response. > > Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to > execu...

Appending to Autonumber Field
If I have a table with an autonumber as primary key which I would depoplulate and then repoplulate by appending from another table with the same structure, will it always work? i.e, record 1 autonumber = 1, record 2 autonumber = 2... etc. It works in my testing, but it doesn't seem like it should, or that I should count on it, nor does it seem like a good practice. For example, if there are 25 (1-25) retailers in tRetailer and if I "Delete * FROM tRetailer", I know that if I manually entered another retailer the next Autonumber would be 26. However, if I append from the other...

wanna bring up excell documents
how do i bring up all excell documents and what do i type in and where do i go to search a friend has a particuliar file and we cannot find it just wanna do a search thanks open the search window select search options - Type. Select Excel file from the drop down list. If you know the name of the file type it int the search box if not leave it blank to bring up all excel files -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Pete, I don't follow your suggestion is it windows or Excel and what version. HI Scutter, You can search from the Windows Search Start, Search, for files, ...

PDF Writer
I know that on many occasions the experts on here have told us about a PDF writer that one can download. I never thought that I would need such a program, but now I do. Could someone please tell me the name of the program and where I can download it from? Thank you. Edric Russell russ@eci.co.za PrimoPDF www.primopdf.com -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Edric Russell" <russ@eci.co.za> wrote in message news:drsu73$ol0$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... >I know that on many occasions the experts on here have told us about a PDF >writer that one can downlo...