How do I unistall previous version of Office?

I just purchased Office 2007 (Enterprise.) At the time of installation, I was
offered an option to delete my older version (Office 97.) I chose not to just
in case I had problems with 2007. Now that I am satisfied that 2007 is
working properly, I am prepared to uninstall 97. Can I do that using the
control panel add/remove facility? I'm concerned that in doing away with 97,
some files might be deleted that 2007 also needs.

Please advise...Thank you.

You should be able to uninstall an older version without problems.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hopken" <Hopken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Office 2007 (Enterprise.) At the time of installation, I
>was
> offered an option to delete my older version (Office 97.) I chose not to
> just
> in case I had problems with 2007. Now that I am satisfied that 2007 is
> working properly, I am prepared to uninstall 97. Can I do that using the
> control panel add/remove facility? I'm concerned that in doing away with
> 97,
> some files might be deleted that 2007 also needs.
>
> Please advise...Thank you.

0
Stefan
2/11/2010 6:59:53 PM
The best thing to do is uninstall first 2007 so it can remove all the
compatibility settings and then uninstall Office 97. After that reinstall
Office 2007 so you start fresh.

Just a quick advice, the best thing you should have done was to replace the
older version of Office when you were installing 2007 because the new office
handles compatibility issues well.

Hope this helps!

--
Vicente Tulliano

"Hopken" wrote:

> I just purchased Office 2007 (Enterprise.) At the time of installation, I was
> offered an option to delete my older version (Office 97.) I chose not to just
> in case I had problems with 2007. Now that I am satisfied that 2007 is
> working properly, I am prepared to uninstall 97. Can I do that using the
> control panel add/remove facility? I'm concerned that in doing away with 97,
> some files might be deleted that 2007 also needs.
>
> Please advise...Thank you.
You can either retain them both (and they will work together happily if you
make some registry changes -
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm ) or you can simply
uninstall Office 97 from add or remove programs. If you have not made the
above registry changes, Office 2007 will simply re-configure (if required)
the next time it is used.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Hopken" <Hopken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Office 2007 (Enterprise.) At the time of installation, I
>was
> offered an option to delete my older version (Office 97.) I chose not to
> just
> in case I had problems with 2007. Now that I am satisfied that 2007 is
> working properly, I am prepared to uninstall 97. Can I do that using the
> control panel add/remove facility? I'm concerned that in doing away with
> 97,
> some files might be deleted that 2007 also needs.
>
> Please advise...Thank you.

0
Graham

Version incompatability #2
I have just bought a new computer & when I went to install MS publisher (2003 version) I found the disc is corrupted. I had a 1995 version on disc which I install but now none of my saved publisher files will open. Is there any way around this without having to buy a new copy of MS Publisher? Barbara155 wrote: > I have just bought a new computer & when I went to > install MS publisher (2003 version) I found the disc is > corrupted. I had a 1995 version on disc which I install > but now none of my saved publisher files will open. Is > there any way around this without...

PINPAD 1000SE SERIAL VERSION BUT I DON'T HAVE SERIAL ON THE NEW CO
I am trying to upgrade my POS system to a newer computer and it doesn't have any serial connections. Anyone have any recommendations as to what to do with my PINPAD 1000SE that is strictly Serial. Supposadly the 1000SE is suppose to come out in USB too but its a a whole new pad not just a different cable. Get a Serial to USB adapter. Dont go with a cheapo though they have problems, we use one made by cables to go and it works fine. When you conenct the Serial to USB it will see the device and Should automatically install a driver for a virtual com port, then look for it in device ...

setting version # of an ActiveX
Hello, I'm sorry this is not really a MFC issue, but I don't know where to post this. I have finally created an ActiveX with VC++ & MFC. I have now to create a setup.exe file including my EXE, and then pack it in a CAB file to allow its installation via a web page. My concern is that this ActiveX is going to replace an old one, and since this old one was version 1.0, my new ActiveX must be known as version 1.1 by the web page and client machine. So where should I change the version number ? I found a version number in the .IDL file of my project (and I set it to 1.1) It ...

Microsoft Office and Max OS version 10.3.9
Hello I am having trouble with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint quiting on start up. I am using Workgroup manager 10.4.4 and the server is 10.4 but the imac is running os 10.3. I have done everything that I can think of, from unistalling reinstalling, dumping prefs, running updates etc. I am also experiencing printing issues. Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a fix? The only thing that seems to work is to upgrade to OS 10.4. Of course that comes with a cost. thanks Quit on startup is almost always a "bad fonts" problem, often due to incompatible font ...

Delete row containing all previous values.
I have a column in a spreadsheet with repeated values for e.g a name which is repeated 5 times I would like to keep the last row containing this value but delete all previous rows i.e in this example i would like to keep row five containing the last occourence of this value and delete all previous rows. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200605/1 try this Sub deleledupsinpreviousrows() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i - 1, 1) = Cells(i, 1) Then Rows(i - 1).Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

BDL and Office 2003 Standard
Hi, I installed BDL in my workstation (Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled) with Office 2003 Standard edition. The toolbar "Insert From CRM" shows, but when I click it, nothing happens. No task pane shows for CRM entities, though my task pane is visible. Does anyone experienced the same dilemma? Please advise. ...

out of office assistant not working
hi.. i have set out of office assistant from the EXCHANGE SERVER2000and from the client side outlook too..but its still not working,when i sent an e-mail locally.it does not says the person is not in the office.it goes to the inbox.. any ideas ...

Re: What version of Great Plains am I?
David, This sounds great for solving an issue I have with keeping eEnterprise 7 (SQL) workstations synched with the latest service packs. Could you post an example script for updating the Great Plains components from a batch file/login script? I can see copying the .dic and dll/exe files. The .ini files are a little scary since they contain info about dictionary versions. Should isu files be copied? Or is it just better to copy the new .cnk update files and let Great Plains update all the components, make INI changes, etc? David Musgrave wrote: > I would suggest that you identify all ...

How to check client version
Hi, Is there a way to check which version out the Outlook client the users a running without having to ask every single user? I have added the Rollup5 update to the database, so the users can download/update it manually, but I'm wondering if there is a way to find out how many of them has actually applied the RollUp. If it was stored in the database and synced back to the server it would be quite easy to find out, but I haven't been able to find such a field yet. -- Regards Steen Schl�ter Persson (DK) ...

Office Auto Correct Library
Does anyone know how to transfer the entries from the Auto Correct library from one computer to another? I've purchased a new Mac and want to transfer the hundreds of entries I've made to a new machine. Thanks. Dan Install Office on the other computer, and copy these two files over there in the corresponding locations: ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/MS Office ACL [English] HD/Applications/Microsoft Office X/Templates/Normal ("~" = Go -> Home or HD/Users/<Your User>) On 4/26/04 2:58 PM, in article 3907a01b.0404261158.405bab00@posting.google.com, "Dan"...

Previous Year to Date
I am using Money 2005 Canadian Edition. In Reports is there a way to create a report that compares "Previous Year to Date" with "Year to Date" data? I assume you're wanting to do something like 30 April 2003 - 29 April 2004 against 30 April 2004 - 29 April 2005? You can do this, but you'd need to customize it every time. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited ...

Office Outlook 2003 #2
Hi! I want to back up my email contacts on Office Outlook 2003... Anyone know how? Posted in the Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Chloe Wong @ Radical Computers" <chloew@connect.com.fj> wrote in = message news:1E83DF99-32CE-4FA2-AB10-D47E31A048E4@microsoft.com... Hi! I want to back up my email contacts on Office Outlook 2003... Anyone know h...

Outlook WHICH version?
I have 4 wants on my next Outlook purchase. I am currently using OE and want to upgrade. I read all the description of each version but none tell me if they will do what I want.........Instead all the stuff I don't need.......Shall i post my 4 requirements here or is there a better way to get my answer? This would be a good place to post your needs and get feedback on them.=20 Note, though, that Outlook is not an upgrade to OE. They are two = completely separate applications.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

New version of Microsoft Money
Hi, Is anybody knows when new version of Microsoft money will be released? I want to by this product, but if Money 2008 will be released soon, I can wait it. By the way, if I will by Money now, how mach I have to pay if I want to buy new version? Is there some discount? Anybody knows is there russian version of Microsoft money? I have not found russian version. Best regards, Alexander. The latest version is Money+ commonly known as M2008. It has already been released. It is only available for US users and, I think, Japan. There is no upgrade path/pricing as after various discounts/mai...

mny file conversion among 2005 versions
I'm currently using Money 2004 SBE. I no longer need to manage my business with MS Money. If I upgrade to Money 2005 Deluxe would it convert my current file created with SBE 2004? Yes, that should not be a problem. You will receive a warning that business functions will not be available after the upgrade, and you won't be able to see things like Accounts Receivable, but otherwise you'll be fine. If you later decide to get a business version, those functions will be available again. -- "Rogelio Garcia de Paredes" <rogadepa@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

office unistall
I updated office v.x to 10.1.4 accidentally without installing update 10.1.2 I have tried many times to uninstall office so that i can reinstall and update it in the proper order. Undortunately no matter how I proceed in the uninstall, when I reinstall it, it comes back as 10.1.4 Any help would be appreciated. As I mentioned I have unistalled it many times some using the remove feature packaged with it, others manually following the guidlines from microsoft. In article <864373ef.0405301946.79cdf48e@posting.google.com>, adam@ledinvideo.com (lippmana) wrote: > I updated office v...

Office 2010 product keys
How many activations are permitted per the 1 product key now available for the just released today Office Professional Plus 2010? Thank you. Office Professional Plus 2010 is a VL version. Depends with which VLK you purchased. Where did you get this version from -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "340N57AFGpb414" <340N57AFGpb414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0BDB360-C2C3-40F2-AA73-18870603F90D@microsoft.com... ...

Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version
Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version: Is there anyway to get around this? Hi merle (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Publisher Can Not Open Files From A Different Version: Is || there anyway to get around this? Yes. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You'll need the version that created the file, or newer version. -- Don --------------- If you can read this, tha...

Unistall Exchange
Hi, i need to unistall Exchange as i badly corrupted the priv1.edb and .stm files, and have completely lost the pub1.edb and.stm files too.. I cant create new stores, i cant shift the users from the stores that are in use (not mounted or mountable) i cant uninstall becasue of user attached to the stores either.. I have back .pst files, so i just want to flatten Exchange and start again.. some point me in the right direction of a step-by-step, or any suggestions for 'ripping it out' Simon On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:35:06 -0700, "Simon Roberts" <SimonRoberts@discuss...

RE previous post
Sorry i forgot to say we are running xp machines sp2 and excel 2003..... Regards .......Matt shepherd ...

error office application version does not match
I am using Windows 7 and recently downloaded the Microsoft Office Home and Student Office 2007 because my unit came with the trial version only. I keep getting the error message BCM Office Add-in--Office Application Version does not match when I open Excel and Word. How do I fix this problems. By uninstalling all versions of Office including BCM (Business Contact Manager) and any Activation wizard, rebooting the PC then installing Office from the media you purchased and using the key emailed to you "fancylady" <fancylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Access 2007 alongside Office 2003?
Can I install Access 2007 alongside an Office 2003 installation without upgrading the rest of Office to 2007? Background - I am helping a small non-profit which has Office 2003 installed on their desktop. They are reluctant to do the full upgrade but since they don't have Access 2003, I'd like to get them Access 2007 rather than Access 2003 if they are compatable. -- Sil Sanders Since this is a non-profit, where funds are likely very tight, I would consider creating a run-time solution using Access 2007. That way, they don't need to purchase Access at all. They'll be...

I installed Office outlook 2007 into windows 7 and have no themes
I just installed Windows 7 which of course does not come with an e-mail program. So I bought and installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and found that when I go to themes to apply stationary, etc. the button is grayed out and says themes are not installed. What is up with that and can anything be done? Thank you. On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:23:01 -0800, Linda <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just installed Windows 7 which of course does not come with an e-mail >program. So I bought and installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and found >that when I...