how do I turn off the blue function keys on my laptop?

my laptop is stuck on blue function keys.  how do turn them off?

Press the Fn button.  Maybe it is stuck?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Laptoploser01" <Laptoploser01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my laptop is stuck on blue function keys.  how do turn them off?

0
Doug

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

ADDRESS function
Hi, I am using the ADDRESS function in combination with the INDIRECT function to reference different values. Part of the string in the ADDRESS function changes, is there a way I can use a cell value as part of the string. =ADDRESS(1,2,1,TRUE,"[Book1]III.csv") only the III (in blue) needs to change. Is there a way I can refer this to a cell value, which could then be changed easily. Thanks, Bertie. -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 Vi...

Forcing the OnDraw event function
Hi, I want ot call a drawing function in my code from a function that doesnt have direct access to a CDC object. Usually in my code i have a render function for each fothe objects that i draw where the CDC *pDC is passed as a parameter to each of these functions. And the original caller of all these render functions is the OnDraw event function that has a valid CDC objecct passed to it. My issue is that i have already rendered a spcific object and i have made some changes to this object wihtin a function and i then want to redraw this object based on the changes that i have made. If i...

PDF and Outlook Functionality
First off thank you for taking the time to look at my question and any answers you may have to assist. GP is accessed via terminal server from each client machine. On all machines, outlook is installed locally, but not on the terminal server (win2k3). In order for Outlook to populate the inbox information on the home screen area within GP and to use functions such as "send to" when printing to screen output, does Outlook need to be installed on the terminal server? -My second question is, would this have to work the same way with our Acrobat writer? Does Acrobat need to be installe...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Difficult function question for columns
I would like the create a column that performs the following function: [If column A=1, then display number in cell B10; If Column A=2, then display number in cell B11, If column A=3; then display number in cell B12] If it is of any importance, in the above example B10:12 have a =SUMIF/COUNTIF function in them. Thanks in advance. AAA1986 wrote: > I would like the create a column that performs the following function: > > [If column A=1, then display number in cell B10; If Column A=2, then display > number in cell B11, If column A=3; then display number in cell B1...

Disable the forwarding function (RMS?)
Hi, I want to preserve the confidentiality of an email so that the receipient (internal or external) of the email won't be able to forward the email to others. Is it doable? The Microsoft Right Management Service + Liquid Machines seem serving the purpose, but the deployment doesn't look straight forward. Anyone has the experience to share? Any alternatives? I know Lotus Notes has the similar function out of the box. Does MS Outlook provide this too? Thanks RMS can definitely add that capability to Outlook, which has nothing = like that built in. People I've talked to who...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Internal Support Function Error #2
When I try and send an email I get a message that says "an internal support function returnded and error". Has anyone experinced this before? ...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Outlook Today Customization Options button not functioning after installing Wind
The Outlook Today Customization Options button not functioning on Outlook 2000 OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

average function in Excel 2002
Hello all! I wish to obtain the average of a number of numeric cells but wish this average to be ongoing rather than restricted to a range of cells. For example =AVERAGE(D13:D17) will only give the average of the cells D13 to D17 but I will be continually adding more data and wish for this to be calculated in the average also. My overall objective here is to carry out evaluations on staff performance and as each new review arrives from a client regarding a staff member, I will be adding a new row to include this data.Therefore need to have the number of all reviews received whether i...

Problem with AND function
I'm using the function as shown below =IF(AND((COUNTBLANK(O14:AE14)<17),L14>0),N14*L14, "enter project") essential =IF(AND(TRUE, TRUE), do this, else "enter project" however, I'm getting "enter project" even if only one of the options is TRUE. I thought the whole point of AND was that BOTH had to be TRUE? Any ideas??? Excel 2003 Think it over: if both condition is TRUE then AND is also TRUE, but if only one of the conditions is TRUE then AND becomes FALSE and your formula returns "enter project" which is right. I t...

excel f function keys

Updating VBA function?
Is there a way to update this function so that it executes the same set of criteria for the data on line 32, 45, 58 and so on? In other words, every 13th line has a different set of data of that I would like to have analyzed in the same way that this function analyzes the data in line 19? Everywhere line 19 and 7 is listed, the next group is line 32 and line 7 is line 20 and so on. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'make whole sheet the target If Target.Column > 0 Then 'clear previous answer answer = "" 'see what lookup code has been g...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

SFO on Laptop accessing MSCRM on laptop
Is it possible to configure the SFO laptop client to the MSCRM server installed on a laptop? Hi Niths! Niths wrote: > Is it possible to configure the SFO laptop client to the MSCRM server > installed on a laptop? On the _same_ laptop? No, although Microsoft is preparing a white paper on how to install CRM-Server and Outlook-Client on one box (only for demonstration purposes). Cheers Arne Janning Hi Niths, You could install MS Virtual PC and create a virtual PC which pretends to be either the server or the client. This will work for demo purposes if your laptop's hardw...

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

Outlook Attachment bloking
How to Turn Off the Outlook 2000 E-mail Attachment Security Update ? Is the the file with all "Unsafe" extentions ? Is it a REGISTRY KEY ? I use Exchange Server 5.5 - Outlook on front end I need to be able to open some extention - Outlook blokes the "unsafe" files attached. Old version of Outlook DO allow atachments, new, with sp3 (sp2, sp1) do block it automaticaly ! How do I change it ? Thank you, Gon http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "gon" <stafing123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c7201c3db8b$bac3b130$a501280a@...

Pub 2002 disabled MS Office 97 Clipart Function, Pls Help
Operation SYS: win98se has ms office 97 working nicely. but recent install of pub2002 makes clipart of office 97 completely not working at all. uninstalled both and reinstalled office 97, clipart still not working. Any advice to fix the abv problem? (* tested if I loaded office 2000 will have no problem) Thanks What version was your Gallery. If I remember correctly it was something like 3.0. There is an add-in here: http://www.publishermvps.com/Programming/AddIns/tabid/43/Default.aspx Scroll down. In your application, insert, object, scroll down to Microsoft Clip Gallery. You can use th...