How do I stop the configuring screen from appearing each time I s

Each time I start Office 2007, it needs to run its configuring screen before
I can get into any program.  My computer crashed and I had to reinstall.  Up
till then, I had no problems.

Are you running Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine? If so, see the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If the above does not apply, instead try the following: log in as
Administrator and see if that makes the installation complete successfully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dtheld" <dtheld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each time I start Office 2007, it needs to run its configuring screen
> before
> I can get into any program.  My computer crashed and I had to reinstall.
> Up
> till then, I had no problems.

0
Stefan

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

recipient policy stopped working

Is there a "replace" or "substitute" command in Excel's VB?
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a quick question. Is there a command something like "substitute" or "replace"? I basically want a command that will replace all instances of a particular character with another character... For example, I'd like to remove all the spaces from the string "hello there world" to make it "hellothereworld". Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks tanast, try =SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","") regards, JohnI <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fd02534.23059477@news.clari.net.au.....

"save as" pop up does not appear when selecting "save as"
Microsoft office 2003 student & teacher windows xp This problem occurred recently after having been using this program for a couple of years. FYI I have already done the following: 1) Control Panel->add/remove prgrms ->microsoft office ->detect & repair, and did a reinstall as well. 2)chkdsk /f /r 3)multiple antivirus scans; antimalware scans 4)Update Windows (xp) ...

Complex Time Window / date based calculation
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel* Hi, I have the following: Columns A B C D E F G H I J Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6 Field 7 Field 8 Field 9 12/31/1996 xyz 58979 23539 1880 1937 1837 1930 100 1/30/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 2/28/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 3/31/1997 abc 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 etc. I need to be able to modify the last column (column J) so that the number 100 starts at TODAY() - 1 year (the "-" is a minus sign) as we...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Backing up the PST file(s)
I recently began using Outlook 2003 on a new Windows 7 Home Premium Computer. I successfully imported my emails and contacts from an older Windows XP computer. I want to have my Outlook data store =96 the .PST file set up for automatic backup using the =93Second Copy=94 program. I want to tell the backup program which file(s) and where. On the Mail page of Outlook, I used the click sequence Rt Click Personal Folders Properties Advanced The resulting file name is: C:\Users\PT\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst But in c:\Users\PT\MyDocuments, there=92s another fi...

Resource Type Cost: why its cost does not appear in actual cost?
Hello! 1. We have defined a resource type cost in the resource sheet 2. We have assigned its cost on a project task using Tools / Assign Resources 3. We started the project and at some point the project task containing this cost resource was completed. Problem: Although the task is completed, the cost of the resource type cost assigned to it does not appear in the actual cost. We are using MSP 2007. Thank you very much for your help explaining us why this happens. Regards, Ana Ana -- To status an Expense Cost resource, you need to manually enter the actual expenditure...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

What is on the screen does not print
I'm printing a newsletter, and on some pages there is a line in the middle that does not print, or only prints the top part of the line. It shows up just fine on PrintView. It is not the printer--I've tried different printers. HELP! The line runs vertical where? In the middle of a page or in the center of two pages? Is there something in front of the line such as a white text box or an image? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JL Saint Luke's" <JL Saint Luke's@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Microsoft Dynamics Integration Manager
I am new to Integration Manager and has setup one for use by a small number of users. However, I don't see any parameters or options to protect my configuration settings from other users making changes. Does this exist in this application or could you make an suggestion how I might accomplish this by some other method? Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe Twitter Search API with jQuery and JSONP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/94d7bda5-c477-4ff9-b71d-e24e5fc70c24/twitter-search-api-with-jquery-and-jsonp.aspx ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

How do place a column of date/time information into a calendar for
Please allow me to better define the question. I'm currently use a spreadsheet that allows me to enter a start date and time as a 'reference'. Then in a column, I enter a project code(s)(which uses a vlookup to get the amount of time required to complete that project). So from that start date/time and a list of project codes I have a list of start/end times (with date) for all of the projects that are to be scheduled for the week (it's a 24/7 operation so after one project ends another one starts and the length of time for each projects varies greatly). That part all...

how do I set up my account for the first time?
new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! bibbpromo <bibbpromo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but > that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl > server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! Tell us what version of Outlook you're using, what you've done so far, what doesn't work, and any...

Countif("between start/end times)
Sheet 1, Row 1, Column 2 - opening hours divide into 15min segments. B1 - 08:00, C2 - 08:15, D2 - 08:30, and so on. Sheet 2 , Columns 1 and 2 - a list of each agents break times. Column A - Start time (eg 10:00) and Column B - End time (eg 10:30). Sheet 1, Row 2, Column 1 - summary titles. (eg Cell A2 - "Morning Break"). Problem: I need to summarise the number of agents away on, say, "Morning Break" per 15 min segment. So, B2 must count the number of people on "Morning Break" at 08:00, B3..the number of people of people on morning break at 08:15, and ...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

Formulas using time and dates
As a relative newbie to excel formulas I'm having great difficulty creating a formula where I need to add 168 hours to a date/time. After two days of trying I'm losing my mind :-( Column A contains the Date/Time (I've tried many formats to no avail) and I need column B to show the result of adding 168 hours to A1. Any help might keep from the asylum. I've have read and re-read Chip Pearson's great work and still can't figure this out! hi apparently you are trying to make it WAY more complicated than it really is. it's simple math....once you und...

How can I stop all numeric entries from being devided by 100?
In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by 100. Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. go to tools-options-edit and uncheck "fixed decimal places" Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E7AFFC7-F58F-4691-8F98-30CF105D5C28@microsoft.com... > In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by > 100. > Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck the Fixed decimal box -...