How do I remove the paragraph markers on Word document?

I have all paragraph markers on one of my Word doc and don't know how to get
rid of the markers. Can anyone help me?

Use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar) to
toggle the view of these.
See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm to find out
what these are and what they do and also how important they are in
controlling your documents.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"LONG" wrote:

> I have all paragraph markers on one of my Word doc and don't know how to get
> rid of the markers. Can anyone help me?
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LONG" <LONG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have all paragraph markers on one of my Word doc and don't know how to
>get
> rid of the markers. Can anyone help me?

0
Suzanne
3/11/2010 2:25:29 PM
Click the � button or CTRL+SHIFT+*

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"LONG" <LONG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have all paragraph markers on one of my Word doc and don't know how to
>get
> rid of the markers. Can anyone help me?

0
Graham

Remove Excel Icon ??

Macro to copy chart from Excel to word
I need to write a macro that will select a chart from Excel and copy it to a book mark in a word document. Can anyone offer some help ? Appreciate any reponse Chris Jon Peltier has some code to paste a chart into Word: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartwd You could replace precede this line: ' Paste chart at cursor position WDApp.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, _ DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _ Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False with code that selects your bookmark, e.g.: WDApp.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookm...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

How to Remove SRS

Opening Outlook causes open Word
Hello Folks!! I have a user that he opens Outlook 2003 and this action cause that Microsoft Word's Windows open without reason. Could somebody help me, please? Thanks in advance!! is he using word as his editor? Does he have any addins for word? When outlook loads word to use it as the editor, the addin could be trying to load and cause word to open completely. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookt...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

Word Template Integration With AD
Hopefully someone will have an idea of how to do what I'm trying to do. We use custom templates for MS Word 2003. The templates contain user names so when creating a letter, we can populate the info (address, etc) automaticatically once a name is selected. The problem is that we have to manually edit the Names.doc file everytime we have a new user or name change, etc. Is there any way to get the info to be pulled directly from Active Directory so everytime a change is made in AD, it is also made in the template file? Thanks in advance for any replies received. Yes that i...

Attachment error opening Word in Outlook
Error of : The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: * Check the file permissions fo rthe document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document. The file does eventually open after three error boxes pop up. It is not an HTML file or anything listed on the knowledgebase. Anyone have any ideas? If not, probably will reinstall office 2000. ...

pdf file into a publisher document?
Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. You could make a gif file of the pdf file or scan the pdf file creating a Word file and then do a copy and paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cthrail" <cthrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E69A19-D2FD-437E-8CCC-128A67AAA92F@microsoft.com... > Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables > and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. If the PD...

remove Fax from address book?

Hints/tips text block for Word
I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in Word 2007). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59E0C...

How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.
Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a shape and link to that document. I have problems going back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the document. Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram? Thanks. Ely. I dont quite understand what you would like to do. Can you explain further? Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "A...

Removing an item from menu

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

how to get rid of Comment [A1] in my documents?
In a 300+ document I occasionally get a long "balloon" type thing with "Comment [A1]" (or other number) in it and I cannot get rid of it, nor do I know what it means. HOW do I get rid of it? I use Word 2003. On the reviewing toolbar (View > Toolbars > Reviewing) Show > Balloons > Check 'never'. Or right click the comment balloon and select 'delete comment'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gm...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

How do I log in as administrator in to word 2007?
My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does not allow me and telling me that I should log in as administrator. I am already loged in as administrator and there is no other user accounts on my computer. How can I log in as administrator? Operating system win 7 and office 2007. I like to thank you in advance for answers. "Black Falcon" <Black Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9599983A-97D2-4A10-9552-92EB071ABDCC@microsoft.com... > My problem is when I tryed to disable or delete some add ins word does > not ...