How do I prevent the paragraph mark from showing up?

  • Follow

I have Word 2003.  When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
How do I stop these from appearing?
0
Reply Utf 4/29/2010 5:22:01 PM

Hi!

You should find the backward P button on your toolbar. (¶)

Other option is to go under Tools -> Options -> View -> Formatting Marks
checkbox

--
Office ToDo
http://www.officetodo.com

"Jackson" wrote:

> I have Word 2003.  When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
> other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
> How do I stop these from appearing?
0
Reply Utf 4/29/2010 5:50:01 PM

You'll be able to work better with Word if you turn on the viewing of
paragraph marks (though perhaps not any of the other selections; I
also always have tabs visible) in the View > Options menu, because you
can get weird (and unpredictable-looking) results if you add space by
pressing Enter and eventually you don't remember there are extra
paragraphs. You should add space with the Space Before / After options
in Format > Paragraph.

On Apr 29, 1:22=A0pm, Jackson <Jack...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have Word 2003. =A0When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph mar=
ks and
> other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
> How do I stop these from appearing?

0
Reply Peter 4/29/2010 8:49:28 PM

(page loaded in 0.056 seconds)