How do I prevent the paragraph mark from showing up?

I have Word 2003.  When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
How do I stop these from appearing?

Hi!

You should find the backward P button on your toolbar. (¶)

Other option is to go under Tools -> Options -> View -> Formatting Marks
checkbox

--
Office ToDo
http://www.officetodo.com

"Jackson" wrote:

> I have Word 2003.  When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
> other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
> How do I stop these from appearing?
You'll be able to work better with Word if you turn on the viewing of
paragraph marks (though perhaps not any of the other selections; I
also always have tabs visible) in the View > Options menu, because you
can get weird (and unpredictable-looking) results if you add space by
pressing Enter and eventually you don't remember there are extra
paragraphs. You should add space with the Space Before / After options
in Format > Paragraph.

On Apr 29, 1:22=A0pm, Jackson <Jack...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have Word 2003. =A0When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph mar=
ks and
> other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
> How do I stop these from appearing?

0
Peter

SOME installed fonts don't show
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hey. I have this mac. I like cool fonts. I sometimes download cool fonts from free websites. These are generally .TTF files. I click on them, font book opens & asks me if I want to install them, I say yes... Then I make sure I restart MS word. Because how would it know anything's changed? When I restart MS Word, the new fonts are generally/usually there. I can find them in the drop down menu, or I can type the names until they appear, like any other font. This happens with MOST of the fonts I've installed...

show menu and bars
Hi, I have an excel sheet where all bars and excel menu are hidden. How can i make everything back to visible using only Key combinaison ? thanks a lot, Maileen if menu bar is available click view(menu)-toolbars and check whether the standard and formatting are checked if menu bar is not avilable it must be hidden somewhere. take the cursor to the top line and try to pull it down or try to reduce i.e. click central icon on the extreme right. =================== On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:09:56 +0200, Maileen <nospan@email.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have an excel sheet where ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Blanket PO Rel sched hdr should show blanket qty, amt & exp date
The blanket PO release schedule header should print the blanket quantity, amount and expiration date. It should also print hte buyer name, phone, fax & email (if employee file ID matches buyer ID) There should also be a form called "Letter of Intent" if there are no releases. It would be similar to the release schedule header (with the above changes) but with modified legend wording. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Combo showing non current employee
Hello, I have employees in a table. For a given job sheet form, the employee is selected with a combobox listing all current employees. All fine. If an employee leaves, they are marked as no longer current. My problem is, if an old job record is looked at, the employee is not listed since they are not current. The combo is blank. I have gotten around this prior by editing the rowsource for [all current employees] OR [selected employee]. But this only works in single form. I need it in a continuous form, and not sure whether the best option is to reference the field in ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Does every windows which shows itself while working on any Windows O.S ( lets say Windows 2k) a registered one?
Hello All, I am learning windows programming and using spy++ to view the class names and other properties of the windows for better understanding. It works fine for most of the windows that show themselves.But when windows generated by java program appear on the surface,it will only recognise the parent window with some classname like java.awt. but won't recognize the child windows like buttons,dropdowns inside the main java window. Earlier I was thinking that every window which we see in WindowsO.S shoule register itself with the O.S?But here the child windows of java haven't register...

Customization not showing in Outlook
I created a new tab on the accounts section by using CRM customization in the isv and web.config files. It works great in the web client but it does not show in the CRM for Outlook module. Is this working as design? Is there any way to get customizations to show up in the Outlook pages? Thanks. Great, I'll try that. Thanks ----- Emanuel wrote: ---- What you need to do is modify the OutlookClient.xml file in the same way you modified the isv.config. In the /_Resources directory you should find an OutlookClient_sample.xml which can be renamed. This file will be copi...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Outlook 2003 showing url links rather than html images
One of my users is having a problem where certain html format emails do not display html imagery at all but the url path from where they originated instead. I have checked the security setting to allow downloading images from outside and that is fine. I have also tried setting the mail format to rtf and html and also setting (and taking off) Word as email editor, but it didn't make a difference. Finally, I recreated his profile figuring that if I set everything back to its defaults, the issue would be resolved. However, it is exactly the same as it was. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks....

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Folders and Showing Total Number of Items
I have my contact folders configured to "Show total number of items", not "Show number of unread items". This works fine if I do not have additional contact folders under the top level contact folder. What happens is if the top level Contact folder is closed and there are items in the sub folders (also marked as "Show total number of items"), the top level folder does not reflect thos items. I need to open the top level folder to see what is in the subfolders. Is there a way to propagate the items from the subfolders to the top folder so I can see if there are...

Is there a way to align multiple marked objects (to a leftmost object)?
From other, similar tools I know that I can mark multiple objects (e.g. rectangle boxes) and hit a magic hotkey. All objects are then vertically left align according to the FIRST marked object. Or horizontally bottom aligned depending on the hotkey. Is there something similar in Visio? Cam On 14 Nov 2008 19:03:01 GMT, cpet_magnus@hotmail.com (Camille Petersen) wrote: >From other, similar tools I know that I can mark multiple objects (e.g. rectangle boxes) >and hit a magic hotkey. All objects are then vertically left align according to the FIRST marked object. > >Or horizontall...

Preventive Maintenance
Hi! Have a problem with 2 buttons in Edit List of Preventive Maintenance window (PM Edit List), the buttons 'Cancel' and 'Delete' aren't functioning properly, because display a message 'This document can not be deleted', when I choose from the list. -- Thank''''s for yours commentaries ...

Change Paragraph numbering from 01 (installed) to 001 (custom)
Word 2007 has a library of numbering formats including one with a leading zero, starting at 01. After reaching 99, it goes to 100, but that changes the look from 2 digits to 3 digits. I would like to have a format with 2 leading zeros so that there are always 3 digits in the number. If you try to insert a zero before the 2 digit number format it is static and not part of the number, you end up with 099 going to 0100 and that's not what's desired. To achieve that, instead of using the built-in numbering formats, you would have to use a SEQ field for each number such as...

Show .lnk in explorer
Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" How can I make them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"? tcebob "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message news:#AyPAQ#5KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" > How can I make > them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"? > > tcebob > > The "Type" column (if displayed) tells you that it is a shortcut. tcebob wrote: > Shortcuts ...

Reports showing Days of supply and turns
DOS = Stock holding capacity / Unit Sales per day The number of days worth of sales that are stocked on the fixture Showing right balance between shelf space and delivery frequency Turns = No of days per year (365) / Days of Supply The number of times the stock of a product/category sells annually Showing how often re-stocking is required. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this l...

Conditional locking to prevent editing
We have a form that is used to construct our sales invoices. Up until the point where the data is transferred to our accounting system, users need to be able to edit the forms and amend the invoice contents. Once an invoice has been transferred, the status field on the form is changed from Draft to (surprise surprise) Transferred. Once this has occurred I would like to prevent anyone editing the invoice any further. So it's a conditional situation: if the value in the status control is Draft, users should be able to edit the form in full. If the value is Transferred, they should be a...