How do I keep the home tool bar on top

An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but
every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on
top while I am typing.

You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"RobertTaylor" <> wrote in message
> An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but
> every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar
> on
> top while I am typing.

How to keep the macro running?
Hi All Is it possible to include a code to let the macro to run non stop? i yes, would excel crash if i activate another macro at the same time? Cheer -- Message posted from Only one macro can run at a time. If a macro is running, you can't do anything else with XL. Take a look at the OnTime function to have a macro repeat at fixed (or variable) time intervals: In article <>, hce <<>> wrote: > Hi All > > Is it possible t...

How do I make a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the .
How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top of the column to the right of the original column when it reaches the bottom? Hi Try something like this Private Sub WORKSHEET_CHANGE(ByVal TARGET As Range) If ActiveCell.Row = 65536 Then ActiveCell.Offset(-65535, 1).Select Else End If End Sub This will activate when a change is made in last row of column you may need to change if statement to suit needs if not activecell Tina "Radio Bill" wrote: > How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top > of the column to ...

keeping values
I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use this value thru out the sheet). Let say b2 = 10 b c d 3 5 6 8 4 3 7 1 I want to subtract each value from b2(10). How can I do this without doing it manually? On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:06:04 -0700, AFL-math <> wrote: >I am sure that this question has been asked and answered. I am creating a >worksheet for my class. I have a value in cell b2( I want use...

Keeping photos in line
Several questions about moving photos in columns: I have a two column page, a manuscript of 150 pages, and want photos t slide with the type as I insert text in previous pages. I use th format, inline, move with copy instruction. Sometimes it moves th photo over to the other column. I want all photos inserted from files to automatically be embedded, o inline. Is there a command for that? Is there a better way to do a caption for the photos, what we printer call a cutline, than use a new text box? I have to in line it too, an it sometimes wants to move one or two lines when I give the order...

Is there a way to stop accented characters touching top of text box?
I have text boxes in my Access 2000 application that display the names of people from many different countries. Some of these names have accents on top of the initial uppercase letter of the name and when I use common fonts such as Arial or Tahoma, these accents normally merge into the top margin of the text box, thus reducing the readability of the accent. Is there any way to force the text to move slightly downwards within the box to avoid this problem? I strongly suspect that there is no way to do this in Access and the only solution will probably be to use a Unicode font, such as A...

Counting Consecutive Months in Top Third
Ok. I need to have a formula which would look at a number of columns and tell me now many 'consecutive' months someone has been in the top 33% of the numbers in that column to date. IE . . .Ann was in the top 33% in Jan and Feb but not in March so in March I would want the formula to spit out '2', In April I would want it to start over again at '1' (If in fact she was in the top 33% in March, if not then it should say '0'). Hardest part in figuring this out (in my head anyway) is how to get it to give me the number as of the current date. Figures =NON() would ha...

off-setting points of different series b/c error bars overlap
I'm constructing a line chart with six series and categorical values on the x-axis. I'm including y error bars that highly overlap and are very difficult to read b/c all points within a given category are automatically stacked vertically on top of one another. Is there a way to off-set the series to make the error bars more visible? Hope this makes sense. Cheers. Hi, I think you would have to use an xy scatter to get the offsets. You should be able to combine Line and xy scatter to get the Category x axis labels and the offsetting. If not you will need to construct the x ax...

wnidow XP home edition
Hi, Im using the windowxp home im facing the problem that in disk F ...hardly its filled up with 5GB...but its shows that ur F disk has low space so plz delete some materials...but hardly itys filled up with how i will free my disk ...... -- leader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ leader's Profile: View this thread: Could you please tell us first of all in whic...

How do I keep my own formatting for a pivot-chart on refreshing
I have many pivotcharts which need to be continually refreshed to represent statistics from data within the workbook. I need to display these charts with my own colour scheme - however the charts are refreshed they revert back to the dodgy Excel default colours. To complicate matters further they are part of a shared workbook - so my macro I recorded to re-apply my colour scheme doesn't work. Can anyone help???? ...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Combining Worksheets and keeping them separate
I have a workbook that contains two worksheets. Worksheet one as information such as name, address, etc. Worksheet two has the same fields/columns of information, however the data itself is different. I need to keep these two lists separated, however, I also need to have them combined at times. Is it possible to create "Worksheet 3" that will automatically update when I add/modify records in Worksheet 1 or Worksheet 2? Thanks. Glenn, There is not an easy way to do that. Instead of three worksheets, use one worksheet (a single database). Then you have two choices. 1) Enter...

How do I hide zero values but keep currency format in P.O. form?
I'm creating a purchase order for our company and am having trouble formatting some cells. I need a currency value in the Total section only if there is a value in the Quantity and Unit Price section. I formatted the Total cells to Currency. But if there are no values in Quantity or Unit Price, zero values appear in the Total cells. How do I format the total cells to only show price values when there are values in Quantity and Unit Price? When you format a cell as currency you get a custom format like this (depending on the otpions you chose)... $#,##0.00;[Red]$#,##0.00 Choose the ...

Outlook 2003 New Email notification not working on Task Bar
Problem with Outlook notification not working: My Outlook no longer notifies me with a little envelope in the applications bar when I have an new unread message. The settings are on -- Tools > Options > E-mail Options > Advanced E-mail Options and "When new items arrive in my Inbox" "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" - but still the envelope notification doesn't appear. I am hoping thisa is not a Profile issue.... any help would be great. Michael If you click the arrow at the left hand edge (if you've got your task bar in the...

Money2004 keep crashing on startup
just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? Any further details in the error, such as whether it's an Invalid Page Fault or a module name? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use or email especi...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

Contacts 'display as' keeps showing email address even when I dele
I'm using Outlook 2007 recently upgraded from Outlook 2003 contacts. I don't like email addresses showing in emails, so I have always written 'display as' with name only in Contacts. However, Outlook 2007 has added the email address in 'display as' for everyone. When I go in to delete the email address, SAVE and Close - and go back to check, nine times out of ten, the email address is back in there. Very frustrating. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? I just want 'display as' to simply reflect what I put in there - not what Outlook decides...

search for numbers with file/open/tools/search
I need to look for excel documents containing specific numbers. We used to do this using File / Open / tools / search. However after a new installation we cannot get any results back. If we search for plain text in the same documents, the result is shown. So it seems like searching for numbers is the problem. ...

How to?? Exclude top 5% and bottom 5% and calculate an average per
In a query, I have dates (1st row), and a number (2nd row). date1 -- 105 date1 -- 90 date1 -- 120 date2 -- 89 date2 -- 107 date2 -- 99 .... I need to calculate the average of those numbers for each date. It's easy to do using the GROUP BY feature, then group by date, AVG the number. However, for each date, I need to filter out the top and bottom 5%. I know how to do this in a regular query, but I don't know how to do it here since that 'filter' needs to happen several times (once for each date) in the query. Any idea? Alex I think you could do this using a subquery...

Disk keeps filling up
Hello everyone... My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps filling up with files and making my disk full. The folder name is: D:\EXCHSRVR\IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE I can't for the life of me figure out why... Can anyone help me? Just Thanks in advance Dale Allen CCNA, MCSE, CNE On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:50:24 -0400, "Dale" <> wrote: >Hello everyone... > >My Exchange server (Version 5.5) has a directory (Folder)... That keeps >filling up with files and making my disk f...

New file hidden by menu bar
Hell All, I'm a first time poster, using excel 2004 for Mac. Can anyone tell m why everytime I open a file it is hidden at the top by the menu bar? Is there a way I can adjust my settings so that all files open so tha the top of the file is below the menu bar? Thank you in advance for your advice. Matthe -- mifriedma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mifriedman's Profile: View this thread: Since most users in this ne...

personal folders keep disappearing
Hi, This is the setup. When we create a personal folder and point the location of the pst file to the users my documents, which is really a redirected network location everything is great until the pc is rebooted. After a reboot their are no personal folders showing and users have to add a new personal folder and browse to their my documents to locate the pst file. The outlook profile was automatically created by running a script that pointed to an edited .prf file. Here is an extract from the prf file that may be the problem: [Service1] OverwriteExistingService=No UniqueService=Yes M...

Need MIGRATION.exe tool
Hi all, We don't have a copy of the BackOffice Resource Kit and I desparately need a copy of MIGRATION.exe to move some mailboxes between Exchange sites. Does anyone know how I can get this app? Thanks, Jerry I think that you are probably referring to ExMerge.exe, not migration.exe. ExMerge is the only tool I am aware of to move mailboxes between sites. To download the latest version of ExMerge, visit this link. Note that this is the 2003 version, but can be used against 5.5 servers without problem.

keeping parts of a formula same
I need to ask a simple question which involves when draging the formula to the cells below to make copies. If I had a Fromula like say =A5/SUM(B5:B103)*B5 and I want to drag it to a couple of cells below making copies and saving my self some time. How to I prevent one part of the formula from changing. Because when I drag in down to the other cells I only want *B5 to change to *B6,*B7,*B8,*B9 etc. etc. so is there any way to do this? Put $ in front of any references you want to keep the same ie =$A$5/SUM($B$5:$B$103)*B5 You can also use this to keep partial refs constant eg $A1 whic...

keeping font the same size
Every time I close a visio drawing and reopen it later to make updates, the font size keeps going from 12 back to 8 and it is annoying to keep changing. How can I keep it that the font stays at 12 when I re-open the drawing. I'd also like to do the same with the line weights. Visio 2003 is installed with latest updates. It is part of the office 2003 pro. package. Thanks. ...

Status bar shows "Sending message 1 of 3" when there are no messages in the outbox
Hi: I am noticing that my status bar shows "Sending Message 1 of 3", even though I have not composed nor have any messages in the outbox folder. I remember I have a person I correspond with that asks for a "return receipt" everytime I receive one of his emails. Could this be the source of the problem? Is there anyway to remove the "Sending Message 1 of 3 " message or correct the problem so that this message no longer appears? I don't know where outlook is getting the message that I have messages to send outbound. Thanks, Harry ...