how do I get rid of a split screen?

When I open a document that has more than one page, it has a split screen.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of a split screen?

WORD 2007

View tab

Window group

click on Remove Split

"barb" wrote:

> When I open a document that has more than one page, it has a split screen.
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of a split screen?
6/2/2010 3:14:01 PM
Note that if you split a window, or create a second window, that setting will be
lost if you just close and reopen the document, as multiple windows or panes
aren't saving in Word.

On the other hand, if you are saying that you are seeing more than one page in
the same document window, then change the zoom. The zoom ratio saves with the

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
(Message posted via

"barb" <> wrote in message
> When I open a document that has more than one page, it has a split screen.
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of a split screen?

Formula to get data from files #3
Thanks for the reply. Using your formula, I get the filename and the cell number in C, bu how do I get the results of that cell number. I need to type the name of the file in A and a certain cell of tha file in B and have the formula go to that file and get the value o that cell. Thanks agai -- greasybo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greasybob's Profile: View this thread: ...

Get paid while you get online!!
I found a great Internet company - - that has created a product everyone can benefit from. They pay you while you work or play on your computer. All you need to do is keep their software - the FiestaBar=99 - active while you are online. They even pay you when your friends are using their computers. Unlike other companies, Cashfiesta gives you control over how much money you earn. They have an individual payrate based on the number of Special Offers you sign up for. As some of these offers are free, you can increase your payrate up to 33 times without spending a penny. It's...

I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook?
I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get rid of? Shazza wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:33 > I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So > ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does > any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get > rid of? 1- try to check your ad-dons may be one of th...

Hidden ActiveX gets focus
Hi, i have a MFC CDialog that contains several controls and ActiveX'es. Depending on the configuration of the dialog, I have to hide an ActiveX (I tried different ways like ::ShowWindow(...) or ::SetWindowPos(...) etc. to do that). The ActiveX gets hidden as it should. Let's say, I have the following tab order: Edit1 (ActiveX) - Edit2 (ActiveX, hidden) - Button - Edit3 (ActiveX, hidden) I jump from control to control by pressing the tab-key. What I expect is that the focus jumps from Edit1 to Button and back to Edit1 and so on. But.... What really happens is that: - Edit1 is foc...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

How to get the active document
Hi. How can I get the active document object (to clarify, the document object associated with the view that has focus) in an MDI application? I'm using a worker thread for communication and I need to tell the active document about communication event that occur. Thanks, Isaac. You can get the active document in MDI using GetActiveFrame(), checking its validity and then calling GetActiveDocument on it. The only catch here is that you are doing it in a worker thread. I think it should work there as well because you are not using the (CWnd,handle) map of MFC that is not valid in your thre...

Can't get Vista recovery CD to recognize installation
I'm trying to get a Powerspec B647 Vista64 Business PC to boot. After booting to the Vista Recovery CD and choosing to repair, the process can't find any installed O/S. So I press the Load Drivers button to load the B647 RAID controller drivers, which I downloaded from Powerspec to my flash drive. After pointing it to the "sataraid" folder, the system installs some controllers and drivers but still doesn't find my Vista installation afterwards. Even worse, the C drive letter is given to one of the removable media drives. After pressing the Next button I'...

How to get font information from clipboard #2
I am writing an image process program. I want to cut or copy some text with font information from other software, such as MS Word, Excel etc . In my program, the text will be draw on screen with same font. So I need to get the font information from clipboard, what should I do? Thanks. ...

How do I get my text wrap tools to work?
I've followed every instruction in the help files that I can find, and my text wrapping features will not work in any format other than top and bottom. My computer is new & has Publisher 2003. I've worked on Pub. 2000 & did not have this problem. Is there a setting that I'm missing??? Right-click the text box, format text box, layout tab, select the text wrapping you want. Did you edit the wrap points on your object? Select your object, click the dog icon on the picture toolbar, select a wrap there. It could be how your are arranging the objects and text box. Experime...

can't get ical into entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop no matter what i do i can't get my calendar into entourage. i've got sync services set to delete entourage and replace with ical/contacts on my imac. my contacts are there, but i've never been able to get my calendar over. i gave up last june but wanted to see if there was any help so i could try to use entourage and then compare to ical/contacts/mail. <br><br>help!!! On 2/8/10 3:25 PM, in article 59bb27cf.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Carol_Schultz@officeform...

How to get totals
Hello all. I have a list I am working with in excel 2003. The columns I am interested in are Employee, Overtime Code, Pay and Comp. There are approximately 50 overtime codes. I need to total the pay and comp columns for each employee. My problem is that if the OT codes are certain numbers, they will not be used in the calcualtions. Like so: EMPLOYEE OT CODE PAY COMP Jones 1 4 0 Jones 6 4 0 Jones 5.02 0 4 Jones 18 2 0 Jones 9 ...

2 users getting same email
Hi-I recently added another user to my outlook 2002 pro account. The email is working for both-I tested sending & receiving to each one-but both accounts are getting the same emails. If I delete a message in 1 account, it is deleted in the other account because it is the same message. What can I do? Thanks! ali <> wrote: > Hi-I recently added another user to my outlook 2002 pro > account. The email is working for both-I tested sending & > receiving to each one-but both accounts are getting the > same emails. If I delete a...

how do I get this done
If anyone can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it If I have some data such as Single Family Plan A 2.00 4.00 Plan B 3.00 5.00 Plab C 4.00 6.00 and also have status single plan A cost X what formula for X will look at the data abov and return the value 2.00 Thank -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: View this thread: Hi! Assume: A1...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

How do I get rid of strange special characters?
I had a word article that I was going to insert into sql server in a text field. So I replaced every occurrence of apostrophe by two apostrophes (sql server doesn't like seeing single apostrophes in the middle of a text field). What I didn't notice was that this replace doesn't work the way you would expect (in Word). When you try and replace one apostrophe by two, you get a reverse slanted character followed by an apostrophe. Since I didn't notice this, I went ahead and inserted the word as text into a sql field, and now my sql database is full of these charac...

Getting old sofware
I started using Publisher with 97 and have all upgrade disks for 98, 2002 and 2003 with serial numbers etc. My PC has been renewed but I cannot find my my original 97 disk and therefore I can not install Publisher. What should I do Apparently you want to end up with Publisher 2003. Try installing 2003 and see if it asks you for a previous version and then just put Publisher 2002 in the drive for verification. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "frankrussell" <> wrote in message news:68E2C6E6-CD85-4CD3-9E02-AC3E910FBED5@micro...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

I get wrong dates when i paste from a different sheet into a new s
Hello again, My problem now is when I open an old excel sheet with data on it and try to paste that info on a new sheet I get wrong information. example: I'm trying to copy dates from an excel sheet I have. The dates are for the year 2004. When I copy the data and paste it on a new sheet the dates I now see are 2000. I'm puzzled. What I find wierd is when I have clipboard open the information shows the correct dates but when it's actually pasted on the sheet it shows as 2000. I'm using Excel 2003, but I get the same thing when using excel 2002(xp) Thanks for your help,...

Great Plains should let me print drilldown screens.
Great Plains has a wonderfully helpful drill-down capability. However, the only way to print most of the results of drilling down is to use the Window "Print Scrn" button, then paste the result into Word or WordPad. Consider adding a print button to all drill-down screens. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

Get paid to promote my site
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hello Fools -&nbsp; I'm getting paid 0.01 Dollars every time I post here advertising</P> <P>http://<A href=""></A>&nbsp; http://<A href=""></A>&nbsp; http://<A href=""></A></P> <P>&nbsp;Email &l...

Not getting emails getting to server
I've recently had 2 people tell me that they sent me email I never received in my Outlook 2003 inbox. As part of my investigation, I used my ISP's web mail to check my email account, and I discovered at least 1 email that's in my account at the ISP but never downloaded to my primary PC. My email account is configured in Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server for 10 days. Presumably, this 1 email didn't download because its "already downloaded" flag had been set. PC hasn't crashed or otherwise had email checking/sending/receiving interrupted. Che...

Reformating a column and getting it to apply
My full problem is that I have a couple txt files that I need to work with in Excel, however druning the import I can't get a custom format for a column. Because of this I have to import a column that should always be a 4 digit class code as text, I would then like to reformat it to simply be stored as a custom format of the style "0000". My problem is that once I aply the new format I then have to go through ever cell and "F2, enter, F2, Enter, etc". Is there some way to "refresh" a column/row/selection of cells? Thank you AlexV Copy a blank cell. Hig...

As stand alones the terminals work fine. When they are networked the rr-touch side refreshes the screens slowly. They seem to cascade upon each other and take some time re-loading. When the shop gets busy this is a hassle as you have to wait for screens to load. CPU is 2.8 and 1G ram Hi Bill Let me know what number I can call you on. Afshin Alikhani - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "BillB" <> wrote in message > As stand alones the terminals work fine. When ...

Not getting all of my e-mails
For some reason, I am not getting some of my e-mails. Friends say they are getting a message about being rejected. A site that used to send daily updates on job info is also not coming through. I still get some e-mails and even some junk mail. This is killing my job search. I've checked to see if they are blocked and they are not. Please help? What's happened? How can I fix this. Without the return message your friends are getting it is hard to tell. Also post your configuration; Outlook version and mail account type -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]