How do I enter algebraic exponets

  • Follow

I am working on college homework and need to enter algebraic exponets. How do
I do this?
0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 12:12:01 AM

Apply Superscript formatting to the exponents.  To do that, select the
exponent and then hold down the Shift and the Ctrl keys and press the key
with + above =

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jeancraig85" <jeancraig85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working on college homework and need to enter algebraic exponets. How
> do
> I do this?

0
Reply Doug 1/1/2010 2:09:28 AM

Hi,

If you superscript your exponents as you type, there is no need to select
them in order to format them. When you come to a place where you need to
insert an exponent, press Shift+Cntrl+=, type the exponent, and then press
Cntrl+Spacebar to return to ordinary formatting. I personally find this much
faster and easier than going back and selecting the characters to format
after they are already typed. Formatting as you type requires less keystrokes
and does not create any reason to reach for the mouse.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> Apply Superscript formatting to the exponents.  To do that, select the
> exponent and then hold down the Shift and the Ctrl keys and press the key
> with + above =
>

> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "jeancraig85" <jeancraig85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am working on college homework and need to enter algebraic exponets. How
> > do
> > I do this?

0
Reply Utf 1/1/2010 7:28:01 AM

If there's any possibility that Chinese is installed on your computer,
don't press Ctrl-Space (it's an un-overrideable Windows command to
switch to Chinese input or Chinese font). Simply toggle the
superscript off with Ctrl-Shift-+.

Also, "return to ordinary formatting" will wipe out any other special
formatting that may be going on at that point, such as italic or bold
or underline. The safe key combination to use for this is Ctrl-Shift-
Z.

On Jan 1, 2:28=A0am, Pesach Shelnitz <pesach18(AT)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you superscript your exponents as you type, there is no need to select
> them in order to format them. When you come to a place where you need to
> insert an exponent, press Shift+Cntrl+=3D, type the exponent, and then pr=
ess
> Cntrl+Spacebar to return to ordinary formatting. I personally find this m=
uch
> faster and easier than going back and selecting the characters to format
> after they are already typed. Formatting as you type requires less keystr=
okes
> and does not create any reason to reach for the mouse.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Pesach Shelnitz
> My Web site:http://makeofficework.com
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>

> > Apply Superscript formatting to the exponents. =A0To do that, select th=
> > exponent and then hold down the Shift and the Ctrl keys and press the k=
ey
> > with + above =3D
>
> > --
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> > services on a paid consulting basis.

> > "jeancraig85" <jeancrai...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am working on college homework and need to enter algebraic exponets=
.. How
> > > do
> > > I do this?-
0