How do I edit the Current Multilevel List in Word 2007??

I'm so frustrated. I just want to change my numbering setup for the list
style. I want to edit the Multilevel list under "Current List" which is the
list numbering that I have assigned to my styles in my document. The document
is a very large document originally created in Word 2003.  I'm a new Word
2007 user. Please tell me how to edi t the numbering setup. YoOu know, like
you can do in Word 2003 when you "Modify" your "Heading n" style, choose
"Numbering" and then clicking "Customize" under the mutlilevel numbering box.
You know, where you set the "Start At" and "Tab location" etc.

Help and thanks a lot for being here and reading this.

San Diego

Put the cursor in the first level 1 heading in your document.  Click the
multilevel list button.  At the bottom of the gallery click define new
multilevel list.  The next dialog should look familiar.

Natelle wrote:
>I'm so frustrated. I just want to change my numbering setup for the list
>style. I want to edit the Multilevel list under "Current List" which is the
>list numbering that I have assigned to my styles in my document. The document
>is a very large document originally created in Word 2003.  I'm a new Word
>2007 user. Please tell me how to edi t the numbering setup. YoOu know, like
>you can do in Word 2003 when you "Modify" your "Heading n" style, choose
>"Numbering" and then clicking "Customize" under the mutlilevel numbering box.
>You know, where you set the "Start At" and "Tab location" etc.
>Help and thanks a lot for being here and reading this.
>San Diego

Message posted via

Editing Default Filters
I'm trying to edit a default filter on a report I've created and I need to bring back records that fall between two dates chosen by the user. The dates are from the same field e.g. Return all records with start dates between dd/mm/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy Is this possible? Many thanks Yes, you can. For example, if you want to let users to to report on account created on between dates, you can specify default filters as "created on" "on or after" "Enter Value" "created on" "on or before "Enter Value". When users run this report...

Combo/List Boxes
I have a sheet with a combo box containing roughly 20 words and an empt list box. Is it possible for me to display in the list box a list of names fo example which varies depending on what is chosen in the combo box. For example my combo box has 20 holiday destinations, If i choos France for example could I have my list box display a list of peopl that had been to France. Any help is much appreciated. ~Fordy -- Ford ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fordy's Profile: View this thr...

Referencing Custom Lists?
Is it possible (and if so, how) to create a named array that refers to a custom list? Eg in Tools/Options/Custom Lists there is a list of the months "January, February, March, etc". If I wanted to create a named array that matches this, can I use the existing custom list for this purpose? If it cannot be done without a VBA solution but there is a VBA solution I would be interested in that also. Thanks. -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Why not just type January into a cell>use the fill handle to copy down 11 rows to get your list>highlight it> gotot...

Editable .doc bound report object in Access 2003
I have a report which containers a bound word file, which allows me to edit the wording in Word. However, when I convert the database to the .mde format, I loose that functionality. Is there a setting or a way I can keep that functionality for this report in the .mde version? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007 with Exchange and foreign addresses to the GAL- "One or more parameter values are not valid"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C7E4C5.D5910610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having a problem that I have isolated as best as I can. I'm using = Outlook 2007 against an Exchange Server. When initiating a new email = message or replying to an email address outside of the Exchange GAL I = get the error "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter = values are not valid.". This is not an issue with Outlook 2003 against = the same Exchange Server. Th...

Converting current date to Julian Date
Does anyone know a simple function for converting the current date to a julian date. So Jan 1 would be 1 and Dec 31 would be 365 (except in leap year, of course). -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma Thats not really julian date. But if you want the day of year, use COleDateTime::GetDayOfYear(). If you are really looking for julian date which is the number of days since January 1, 4713 BC and today is 2453416.14309 here is a site with a formula to calucate it. AliR. "Ed Fultz&...

Comparing data within 2 lists
I have been asked to compare lists from my 2 main systems. They believe that the information of them is not consistent. How would I compare the 2 lists in Excel since there are over 30 thousand records on them. Information: List 1 List 2 Building no. Color Building no. Color Building 1 Blue Building 2 Red Building 2 Red Building 4 Yellow Building 3 Yellow Building 5 Orange Building 4 ...

appleworks to word
Does anybody know an easy way to convert all your old Appleworks documents into Word docs? Your original question already received replies. If you don't like the replies for some reason, better to discuss it than to just repeat the same question. wrote: > Does anybody know an easy way to convert all your old Appleworks > documents into Word docs? ...

Partial editing of cell contents.
I am developing a spreadsheet to be distributed to numerous individuals for updating and returned to me to be compiled. I have a column for account number which consists of a 6-segment number, each segment separated by hyphens. I need recipients to edit the middle two segments and return to me. I want to create another column that duplicates the account number string except for the middle two segments, and either highlight the segments to be edited or mask the two segments to ensure correct number of digits are entered for the segments. How can I accomplish this? -- Twinspar ...

How to select group of drop down lists to align
I have 10 rows which have drop down selection boxes in each row - these have become out of alignment since I have inserted some more. How do I select all the drop down boxes (Group?) so I can then align them all and make them the save size. ...

Help Editing an XML File
Greetings, This is my first post and I am hoping (praying) someone could help me. I am not a programmer, I just know enough to be dangerous. I have a custom application someone developed for me that generates an XML file to display web pages. Following is a very small portion of an example file: <QLabel>Position</QLabel><QText>Which one of the following best describes your primary job function?</QText><RotationValue>0</RotationValue> <LastOnPage>false</LastOnPage> I want to modify the XML file so that the web pages are displayed in Sp...

Access 2007 Report
I'm struggling with a report. I have 5 different .mdb files to pull data from to make 1 report. I linked the tables, and tried to create a report but the report only allows 1 record control source. That leaves out the date from 4 tables. Basically, my report will have 1 customer listed with customer ID, name, location. Below that will be the product purchased. All 5 mdb files have duplicate customers, but different products. The Report ought to look like: DFW123 ABC Company 123 Anywhere Street Dallas, Texas 76210 Snack food 500 units Soft Drink 300 units Ice Cream 150 unit...

Product Lists and Trees
[This is just as much a question as suggestion] Hi Ive been familiarising myself with CRM over the past few days and have begun configuring i for my company's needs (a medium-sized CCTV firm). However, I have noticed that while relationships can be established (products to subjects etc.), there does not appear to be any way to chain products together so that upon selecting a given product for a quote, others are highlighted for potential selection. I realise there are price lists, but these offer little help as in a single order there will be parts in relatively unrelated fields...

rpc over https with outlook 2007 and vista does not work
this worked fine on xp. the exchange server is fine and the ssl cert is also fine. the error i am getting translates to an invalid date on the server cert (FLAG_CERT_DATE_INVALID )but i know this is not the case. the exact error is "There is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate, %s. Outlook is unable to connect to this server. error code 20" anyone have an idea? driving me crazy did you install the cert on the local computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need He...

Hi, In the resource editor under edit properties for a multiline editcontrol there is a checkbox for a vertical scroll. If i look in msdn for edit-styles this vertical scroll is not descriped. There is an ES_AUTOVSCROLL style but that's not what i want... I have to create the multiline CEdit control dynamically to override some methodes like OnChar to intercept the enter-key. (Which works fine). How do i get this vertical scroll style using Create() ? WS_VSCROLL is the style added by the Vertical Scroll property setting. Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ "RAN&qu...

Images auto added to word documents
Yesterday I copied part of an image so that I could past it inside a document. Now Whenever I open a word document or try to compose a new email in outlook that image is automatically added to my document. In word it is added at the very top of the document. In outlook it is added to the signature of the new email. I checked and the image was on my clipboard, but I removed it from the clipboard and cleared it. Now it no longer shows up on my clipboard, but it is still in my emails and word documents. It doesn't show up in excel documents or powerpoints. I am running a ...

Outlook/Word changing color depth on startup
Greeting, I am working on a computer that has a problem with word/outlook 2002. Whenever the one of thise apps is started the screen goes blank and comes back on with the color depth set to 8 bits. If I start word in safe mode it does not happen. I checked all of the start templates and AddINS/COMS and found nothing but I installed XPSP1 and it did not fix it. I installed the latest video drivers and it did not fix it. I replaced and it did nto fix it. I ran a repair on Word/Outlook and it did not fix it. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it did not fix it. I am rea...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

CFM_BACKCOLOR for Highligthing selection in Rich Edit Control does not work
Hi everyone, For some reason I can't get Highlighting feature in Rich Edit Control to work at all. Here is how I am trying to do it CColorDialog dlg(RGB(255,255,0)); if( IDOK == dlg.DoModal() ) { CHARFORMAT2 cf; SendMessage(EM_GETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); cf.cbSize = sizeof CHARFORMAT2; cf.dwMask = CFM_BACKCOLOR; cf.crBackColor = dlg.GetColor(); SendMessage(EM_SETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); } Any suggestions? ...

Sale List based on a Schedule
We have a lot of items that are always on sale (loss leaders). I have them put on sale according to a schedule (created so that they would be on sale 24/7). The reason I did it this way instead of just putting the lowered price in, is that I wanted to customers to see what they are saving. Anyway, is there a way to print a list of what I have on sale according to this "schedule"? Lance - I just worked out a report that I think might be what you are looking for. What is your email - I will shoot it to you. -- Jocelyn "Lance" wrote: > We have a lot of items th...

How can I change the current default size for formatting a picture
When I paste a screen print the format size automatically defaults to 4.5" height. How can I change this to default to another size. Ordinarily, Word will restrain the size of an inline object to margin width. If the screen shot is taken at a 3x4 ratio, and your margin width is the default 6", then the height is going to be 4.5". If you paste into a landscape page, it will be larger. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA "Curious George" <Curious

Access 2007 relationships
Hello, In Access 2007, whenever I try to view a query design that contains more than one table I get the above message. " '' is not a valid name." Also happens when I try to view relationships. The object names are not too long. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

What Is the Term for Sending Messages to a List, but Recipent Only Sees His/her Address
In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but each recipient received the message with only his address displayed. The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is. I have the instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term. Thanks, Dennis BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: "Dennis Hughes" wrote: &...

Testing a Sharepoint environment and I can easily manipulate and run the database from Access 2007, but when I try to use Access 2003 it wants me to save the database to a location. The Access 2003 has the compatiblity pack, but it seems to not work when I download it. So the question is using Sharepoint 2007 and posting the Access 2007 format to it, can a user go to the sharepoint site and use a 2003 Access database that has the compatibility pack and open without having to download it? -- Message posted via Send check for $500.00 to: David A Jenn...

Excel 97 When editing formulas, either directly in cell or in the formula bar, sometimes cell and range references appear in different colours whilst at other times matching pairs of brackets are coloured. Both of these are really useful features, but which is most useful depends on what I am trying to do. I cannot work out how to control which type of feature is coloured. Can anyone explain, please? Thanks Rosemary In Excel 97 (and 2000) when you press F2 to edit a formula the range references are colored and the parens are not (also when entering the formula initially). As soon as you m...