How do I change highlight colour in Find and Replace

This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the highlight
colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default of
the Find & Replace function.
Thanks in advance,
Charles

As far as I know, you cannot customize the color that indicates the
currently selected text in Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Charles Gollop" <Charles Gollop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
> however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
> highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
> only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
> Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
> highlight
> colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default
> of
> the Find & Replace function.
> Thanks in advance,
> Charles

0
Stefan
2/1/2010 1:06:04 PM
You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't help
with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items (which
Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Charles Gollop" <Charles Gollop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
> however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
> highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
> only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
> Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
> highlight
> colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default
> of
> the Find & Replace function.
> Thanks in advance,
> Charles

0
Suzanne
2/1/2010 2:10:43 PM
(You could change it in Mac OS, at least up to OS 9, but it's not
application-specific.)

On Feb 1, 9:10=A0am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't help
> with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items (wh=
ich
> Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Charles Gollop" <Charles Gol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess=
agenews:61C74D21-40F7-4AB4-93AF-14CD74860E20@microsoft.com...

> > This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MV=
P,
> > however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
> > highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. T=
he
> > only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Read=
ing
> > Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
> > highlight
> > colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the defaul=
> > of
> > the Find & Replace function.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Charles-
0
Peter
2/1/2010 3:18:59 PM
This may well be possible in Windows as well but, as you say, not for Word
exclusively.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

On Feb 1, 9:10 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't help
> with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items
> (which
> Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Charles Gollop" <Charles Gol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:61C74D21-40F7-4AB4-93AF-14CD74860E20@microsoft.com...
>

> > This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish
> > MVP,
> > however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
> > highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow.
> > The
> > only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option
> > 'Reading
> > Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
> > highlight
> > colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default
> > of
> > the Find & Replace function.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Charles-

0
Suzanne
2/1/2010 4:30:40 PM
I thought about that too, but I decided it wasn't possible, so I never
actually tested. Now I have tested it, and it seems to be customizable via
Control Panel. I don't know about more recent versions of the operating
system, but in Windows XP it's on the Appearance tab of the Display
Properties dialog box: click the Advanced button, choose "Selected Items" in
the list box, and specify the desired colors (one for text and one for the
background).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> This may well be possible in Windows as well but, as you say, not for Word
> exclusively.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
> (You could change it in Mac OS, at least up to OS 9, but it's not
> application-specific.)
>
> On Feb 1, 9:10 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
>> You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't help
>> with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items
>> (which
>> Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Charles Gollop" <Charles Gol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:61C74D21-40F7-4AB4-93AF-14CD74860E20@microsoft.com...
>>

>> > This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish
>> > MVP,
>> > however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
>> > highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow.
>> > The
>> > only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option
>> > 'Reading
>> > Highlight -> Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
>> > highlight
>> > colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the
>> > default
>> > of
>> > the Find & Replace function.
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Charles-

0
Stefan
2/1/2010 7:38:59 PM
In Vista it's Control Panel > Personalization > Window Color and
Appearance > Advanced > Selected items.

I chose the bright red. In Google Groups it makes the highlight color
bright red; in Word it makes the highlight color pink.

There was a fairly long period of "Please Wait" while it thought about
doing it.

If I remember, I'll check it in Windows 7 the next time I use the
laptop.

On Feb 1, 2:39=A0pm, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I thought about that too, but I decided it wasn't possible, so I never
> actually tested. Now I have tested it, and it seems to be customizable vi=
> Control Panel. I don't know about more recent versions of the operating
> system, but in Windows XP it's on the Appearance tab of the Display
> Properties dialog box: click the Advanced button, choose "Selected Items"=
 in
> the list box, and specify the desired colors (one for text and one for th=
> background).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote in messagenews:%23nyAEx1=
oKHA.5260@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> > This may well be possible in Windows as well but, as you say, not for W=
ord
> > exclusively.
>
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >http://word.mvps.org
>
> > "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in message
..
> > (You could change it in Mac OS, at least up to OS 9, but it's not
> > application-specific.)
>
> > On Feb 1, 9:10 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> >> You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't h=
elp
> >> with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items
> >> (which
> >> Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.
>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> >> "Charles Gollop" <Charles Gol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> messagenews:61C74D21-40F7-4AB4-93AF-14CD74860E20@microsoft.com...

0
Peter
2/1/2010 9:40:27 PM
Thank you for this additional information. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

________________________________
In Vista it's Control Panel > Personalization > Window Color and
Appearance > Advanced > Selected items.

I chose the bright red. In Google Groups it makes the highlight color
bright red; in Word it makes the highlight color pink.

There was a fairly long period of "Please Wait" while it thought about
doing it.

If I remember, I'll check it in Windows 7 the next time I use the
laptop.

On Feb 1, 2:39 pm, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I thought about that too, but I decided it wasn't possible, so I never
> actually tested. Now I have tested it, and it seems to be customizable via
> Control Panel. I don't know about more recent versions of the operating
> system, but in Windows XP it's on the Appearance tab of the Display
> Properties dialog box: click the Advanced button, choose "Selected Items"
> in
> the list box, and specify the desired colors (one for text and one for the
> background).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote in
> messagenews:%23nyAEx1oKHA.5260@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>

> > This may well be possible in Windows as well but, as you say, not for
> > Word
> > exclusively.
>
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >http://word.mvps.org
>
> > "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > (You could change it in Mac OS, at least up to OS 9, but it's not
> > application-specific.)
>
> > On Feb 1, 9:10 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> >> You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't
> >> help
> >> with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items
> >> (which
> >> Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.
>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> >> "Charles Gollop" <Charles Gol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> messagenews:61C74D21-40F7-4AB4-93AF-14CD74860E20@microsoft.com...

0
Stefan

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...

Bus. Card changes font when I change print copies / page. I save
Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grateful" <Grateful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61932EEC-79BB-45DF-87A2-8E5AE4BEC538@microsoft.com... > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. > I modified a design option in business cards. I created it as 1 copy / sheet. I saved it. When I try to print it as 10 / sheet, the font and font color didn't save. I went to styles and formatting...

Can't Send After Changing From/Reply-To
Greetings! I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2003 to try to send a message From public folder with the replies going to the same public folder. It utterly fails. I created a public folder under Exchange called ContactASA and gave myself "Send on behalf" priviledges. I then created a new message in Outlook, set the From field to ContactASA, and set the "Have replies sent to..." (reply-to) set to ContactASA. When I send the message to my gmail account I get the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. S...