How do I auto number an equation on the right side of the page.

I have a large document with many equations. I need to number the equations
such that the numbers appear on the right side of the page and are numbered
automatically. I would simply use numbered lists, but I must have the numbers
on the right side of the page.

Create a one row two column table with the column widths adjusted so that
the first column suits your equations and the second is wide enough for the
numbers.  In the second cell insert a { SEQ Equation } field  and then copy
and paste that table where-ever you want to insert an equation.

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and you use Alt+F9
to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"OwlCat1212" <OwlCat1212@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a large document with many equations. I need to number the
> equations
> such that the numbers appear on the right side of the page and are
> numbered
> automatically. I would simply use numbered lists, but I must have the
> numbers
> on the right side of the page.

0
Doug

Auto Filter problem

Apple Mail not working right???
Ok, so I installed Office:Mac 2004, now all of a sudden, my Apple Mail (the Apple provided email application) dock icon no longer shows me how many messages I have waiting! VERY irritating!! This sequence of events started last night when I first installed Office, and then lo and behold when I opened Word for the first time, all of these fonts got installed. I'm an Extensis Suitcase kind of guy. I don't really like all those fonts in my system folder. I've even disabled all the other "stock" fonts except for Geneva and Lucida Grande. I also had Arial enabled since that&#...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

dashes and the right arrow key
In excel 2003 I hit the dash key in a cell becusae it is null to me, then I press the right arrow, and it will create a subtraction calculation, I know if I hit the tab key it will not do this, but is there a way so I can use the dash in one cell and then press the right arrow to move to the next column without it caluculating? any help would be great thanks No need for multiple post within 10 minutes, see a possible answer to your previous post Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96963619-4B3E-4BF5-A2C5-26D279AE5529@mic...

auto copy self

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

Auto correct or Auto complete

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

OWA auto login

Test number of decimal places in Currency format
How can I interrogate the system (Windows, I guess) to find out how many decimal places are specified in its Currency format? Alternatively, how can I test a number that's been entered to ensure that the user did not enter more decimal places than the Windows currency format permits (Access will store what's entered, but I want to reject what's been entered if it's not according to the Regional settings). Bob Randy Birch has code to give you details about the defined Locale Currency information at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/localecurrency.htm Note, though, th...

merge results of many records on one page
I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report writing tool. I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail merge from Access or Excel as the data source. Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with a ..5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34. With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text box top and bottom margin to zero. Do some experime...

Auto look through subfolders

Count number of lines of text in a range/value.
To start, 1) Add a form w/ a textbox to your VBA project. 2) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to False. 3) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to False. In your code... 4) Call on the Form's SHOW method (modal or modeless is irrelevant). 5) Set the textbox's TEXT property to the (trimmed) value you are working with. 6) Set the textbox's AUTOSIZE property to True. 7) Set the textbox's MULTILINE property to True. 8) Save/get the textbox's LINECOUNT property. 9) Call on the form's HIDE method. btw, I assume no responsibility for the code. Use it at your own...

Auto date

How to justify text on the left AND right margins of same line?
I'm often doing programmes for concerts: the piece of music should be justified on the left, the composer on the right. I don't know how to do this in Word 07. Can anyone help? I'll be grateful for an answer to this! I assume that you are talking about the title of the piece and the composer. If that is correct, you should use an left aligned paragraph with right aligned tab stop at the position where you want the end of the composer's name to be located. Then you would type the title then press the tab key and type the name of the composer. Best to create a ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi!=20 I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous=20 cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other=20 cell, for example: ........................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11........

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Cannot start Money 2004, it kills itself right away
Hi everyone, Today for no reason, I cannot start Money 2004. After I enter my password, it kills itself right away. Anyone knows what is going on and how to fix the problem? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, CannotStartMoney2004 wrote: >Hi everyone, > >Today for no reason, I cannot start Money 2004. After I enter my password, >it kills itself right away. Anyone knows what is going on and how to fix the >problem??Thanks. Consider File->Restore of your newest or second-newest *.mbf files. Rather than restoring to the "default location", you can choose a diff...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Multiple page sizes in one document
I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me to an article on this? Thanks You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at the DEVMODE and dmPaperSize member to set the appropriate paper size. Thanks Vipin "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%23SXiYwSkFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me > to an article on this? > Thanks > > You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at...