How can I change default for inserting a picture

  • Follow

I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures.

I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping
and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2.

I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I
have 90 pictures.

Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want?

--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff
0
Reply Utf 4/20/2010 6:07:03 PM

Recent versions of Word let you choose the default wrapping format for pictures. For example, in Word 2007, you'll find the option here: Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: "Insert/paste pictures as" (located under "Cut, copy, and paste").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Art Nittskoff" <ArtNittskoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277ADFBE-89F2-47CD-B842-E8F0F8D14ECD@microsoft.com...
>I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures.
>
> I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping
> and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2.
>
> I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I
> have 90 pictures.
>
> Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want?
>
> --
> Thanks Very Much!
>
> Art Nittskoff

0
Reply Stefan 4/20/2010 6:16:07 PM

Once you've set the border for one picture you should be able to select the
next picture and use the F4 key to repeat.  Working through the document this
way might save some time.  (I'm not sure this will work for the text wrapping
though.)

"Art Nittskoff" wrote:

> I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures.
>
> I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping
> and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2.
>
> I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I
> have 90 pictures.
>
> Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want?
>
> --
> Thanks Very Much!
>
> Art Nittskoff
1