hiragana for the Kanji above the kanji (superscript?)

I am typing documents in Japanese. Is there a way to have the hiragana above
the kanji as it appears in some Japanese texts?
e. g.

わたくし (much smaller font)
 私     (Normal font)

superscript
Hi, I am trying to design a formula that concatenates in cell A3 th content of cells A1 and A2 together, and by displaying the content o cell A2 in superscript. This has to be done through a formula, as want it to be dynamic, and be able to copy elsewhere in the worksheet. A1 = CAR A2 = (blue) A3 should return CAR(blue), but the "(blue)" must be superscript. P.S. I know this could be done by creating a custom function (usin VB), but I would prefer doing it using standard Excel functions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It can't be done with either built-i...

hiragana for the Kanji above the kanji (superscript?)
I am typing documents in Japanese. Is there a way to have the hiragana above the kanji as it appears in some Japanese texts? e. g. わたくし (much smaller font)  私 (Normal font) ...

Changing apostrophe to Kanji
When I reply to an email in rich text or plain text to someone who uses an asian language it will replace the apostrophe in a word with the Kanji symbol. Short of making sure all of my replies are in the HTML format what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks in advance - Shawn ...

Superscripts
Would someone please visit this site http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm and tell me if it opens OK. I have had one person tell me that the display is unreadable Thanks -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email Hi Bernard, The page opens okay. Perhaps what that person is reporting is that the table "Which looks better?" displays pictures in the right hand column. Plus the right hand chart also displays the pictures. So it looks like the viewer needs to have the font installed before...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

unwanted superscript change in macro
Hello, I have a macro that does a copy/paste followed by a find and replace to change the color of some text and make it bold. At the end of running the macro though I discovered that it also changes the formatting to superscript. I got around this by turning off superscript after the find and replace but I am wondering if there is a way to stop it becoming superscript in the first place? Here is the macro: Selection.Copy Windows("finances_2008.xlsx").Activate Sheets("Spending").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial P...

Excel 2000
How do you do superscripts within a cell with other text? Example: Young® (make the ® superscript) If you do it a lot, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's addin: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm L Young wrote: > > How do you do superscripts within a cell with other text? > Example: > Young® (make the ® superscript) -- Dave Peterson ...

Update Kanji Char in SQL Database from Access returns question mar
I'm trying to update a SQL database from ms access. There is a a lot of Japanese data in kanji. I've imported the data into Access from Excel and it looks fine. When I do an update query in Access to the MS SQL db via ODBC, much of the data becomes question marks. All driver versions I could think of are listed below. This is all being done on a Japanese workstation to a Japanese server. Do I have to make any special configurations? Is there anything I can do? Thanks. Stuart Access version - 2000 9.0.2720 SQL Server 2000.85.1132.00 Running the following...

Send Page by email results in kanji characters in Outlook 2007
A user running IE8 selects the "Send Page By E-Mail" option in IE8. When Outlook 2007 opens, the page contents look like they have been translated into Kanji characters. This in on an XP desktop computer ...

Superscript and Subscript
How do you type superscript and subscript in Excel. For example, how to you superscript 10 in(1+i)10? anon, Get the cell into edit mode (F2, or double-click it). Then select the 10, then do Format - Cells. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a6d601c3eb9d$a7e19ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you type superscript and subscript in Excel. For > example, how to you superscript 10 in(1+i)10? That method works fine (selecting the text, then using Fo...

Kanji Invoices
We have a prospect who needs to produce SOP Invoices in Kanji. Has anyone found a solution to this? Any ISV solutions? Thanks! -- Regards, Judy Clarke ...

superscript
Is there any way to add a superscript to a cell that has a formula in it? Thanks. Basically no.. There are some workarounds. I would use a help cell and make it small and insert superscript there. Assume the formula is in A2, create a new B2, left align the value and enter the superscript. Assume you want superscript 2 Hold down alt while typing 0178 on the numpad, release the alt key.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to add a superscript to a cell that has a >formula in it? Thanks. >. > In general No but what is the formula? Bernar...

Superscripts
Can you superscript only some of the numbers in a cell? I am using Excel 2003. Mark You can if the *numbers* are text so either pre-format the cell as text of precede it with an apostrophe -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Mark Hatfield" <@> wrote in message news:eb8OVeabHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can you superscript only some of the numbers in a cell? I am using Excel > 2003. > > Mark > Mark You seem to be able ...

superscripting
How do I superscript a formula. For example, I put A1+A2=50. I want to put a superscript next to the answer of 50. I want 50A(the A is superscipted, or a number is superscripted. See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b3501c3d630$5e46ac10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I superscript a formula. For example, I put > A1+A2=50. I want to put a superscript next to the answer > of 50. I want 50A(the A is superscipted, or a number is > superscripted. ...

superscript specifict text in an equation
Normally to make a portion of text in a cell supscript I would use Format > Cell, however if the text is in an equation, the Cell option is grayed out and not available. How do a apply superscrip to specific text within an equation? Hi AFAIK this is not possible for a formula result "Bryherm" wrote: > Normally to make a portion of text in a cell supscript I would use Format > > Cell, however if the text is in an equation, the Cell option is grayed out > and not available. How do a apply superscrip to specific text within an > equation? ...

superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript
superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript Is this meant to be a question? Evi "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B954A6DD-C84B-424B-9911-50A747EA984B@microsoft.com... > superscript of report ex( Mey 12 2008) 12 in superscript ...

superscript/subscript
Is it possible in wordart to edit letters so you could use subscript, or superscript? like after a numeral? thanks bruce Might create two WordArts, one for the main text and one for the scripts. My workaround is to create the WordArt, copy/paste special as a .wmf. Ungroup, resize the text that will be super/subscript. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:%23dCQAx1GJHA.456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in wordart to edit letters so you could use subscript, or > superscript? like after a nu...

Footnote Superscripting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I add a footnote in Office 2008, the footnote is not superscriped. How do I change the formatting of the footnote so that it is superscripted, without having to individually go through and change each note? You need to Modify the style that Word uses for footnote references. Go to Format | Style. Find and select Footnote Reference in the column. Click Modify. Check the "add to template" box. Use the Format Font menu right under "add to template" to select Superscript. Click OK. Click CLOSE,...

Superscript #2
Is it possible to show supersript in a text entry in excel for example the symbol for H2O or Cubic metres - m3?? TIA Mick Type H20 in cell With mouse, select the 2 Use Format|Cell and open Font tab Click in the subscript box Similar steps work for m3. But for squared and cubed you can also: A)Type m; hold ALT and type 179 on numeric keypad to get m^3. B) Type cm; hold ALT type 0178 om numeric keypad to get cm^2 Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "MGT" <no1@nospam.com> wrote in message news:cch0ht$cl9$1@news7.svr.po...

Superscript in Excel
I use a spreadsheet that I created myself as a template, and we use zeros and ones to 'add up' scores. To keep track of the zeros we use superscript. For one, two or three zeros we use a symbol so that it can be copied and pasted to another cell. I am now using a formula that basically copies and pastes a zero with the superscript from a cell thats always there to the correct spot on the spreadsheet, but if there are four or more zeros the superscript goes away and the four (or five or six etc) is normal sized. So my question is: Is there away to create more symbols that are...

Entering superscript
How do I enter a superscript in the cell? For instance, if I wanted to enter "The answer will be x2" how would I make the 2 superscript? When I enter the text, then select the two and try to format it to superscript it will not work. Thanks for any help! Works for me. Enter the text. Select the 2 up in the formula bar, Format>Cells>Font. Checkmark in "Superscript" box and OK Formatting of this nature can be made much easier by using John Walkenbach's SuperSub Add-in from http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat,...

Superscript problem!
Hi guys, Im experiencing a problem with my EXCEL when I am superscripting. Say I have to superscrip 23^2, after superscripting, everything in the cell dissapears, after fooling around i realised that the value has moved higher up in the cell and in order to see it, I would have to make the cell a lot longer. Im not a beginner at excel and from previous experiences, superscripting a value, I usually won't have to change the orig cell size. Keeping in mind that the font is size 10, so this shouldnt be happening at all!! Also Ive noticed when I create a graph, and try to input la...

Superscript in Outlook Messages
Is there a way to format e-mail message text as Superscript in Outlook 2000 if you are not using MS-Word as your e-mail editor? I see that one can format text in MS-Word, then copy/paste it to an Outlook e-mail message form. But what about directly in the message? Also, after such a copy/paste, any new typing after the superscripted text brought over from Word is superscripted. What's up with that? ...

Superscripts and Subscripts
Why do superscripts work in Excel some times but not others? Sometimes they appear to be working correctly, but you may not know until you do a print preview. ...

Button for subscript and superscript in Excel
I'd like to be able to add a button for superscript and subscript formatting to the toolbar easily in Excel, like can be done in Word and Powerpoint. Maybe there is a way built into Excel that I haven't found yet, and I assume it can be done with Macros, but I am not familiar with them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft W...