getting rid of paragraph markers in word

  • Follow

I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/8/2010 5:21:01 PM

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do
> not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

1
Reply Suzanne 5/8/2010 5:24:13 PM

WORD 2007

Try the following:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Word Options (lower right hand corner)

Display (on left hand side) then, on right hand side in:-

Always show these formatting marks on the screen

 - remove the tick (check) from the:-

Show all formatting marks

 - field.

Thanks.

"sgsully" wrote:

> I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.
1
Reply Utf 5/8/2010 5:57:00 PM

(page loaded in 0.5 seconds)

Reply: