getting rid of paragraph markers in word

I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do
> not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

1
Suzanne
5/8/2010 5:24:13 PM
WORD 2007

Try the following:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Word Options (lower right hand corner)

Display (on left hand side) then, on right hand side in:-

Always show these formatting marks on the screen

 - remove the tick (check) from the:-

Show all formatting marks

 - field.

Thanks.

"sgsully" wrote:

> I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not
> knowing what I was clicking.   They dusappear in "print preview" and do not
> print.  How do I turn them off?  Thanks.

installing a non-MS font into word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> into word. It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. any suggestions?? thanks! heatherc heatherc@officeformac.com wrote: > I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina > <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> > into word. > > It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. Install fonts in your ma...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

A Crystal Beginner

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

Spinning Wait Cursor on Editing Word Documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Over the past few days in nearly all of my documents, when I begin editing old documents, or editing new documents, I get the Spinning Wait Cursor which lasts indefinitely (5min+). I have run through Disk and Permission Verifies and repairs and the problem persists. <br><br>Recommendations? Make sure that both Office & OS X are fully updated. It's pointless to chase symptoms if all updates haven't been done. You may also be experiencing a font conflict -- quite prevalent with Sno...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How to align footnote separator in WORD 7?
the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am writing in left aligned English. How can I change the separator alignment? Have you modified Normal style? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dvorab" <Dvorab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CB9979-9C44-4634-8E8F-3DA9C2B2B097@microsoft.com... > the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am > writing > in left ...

How do I get??

Can't Read Word Attachments
I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is showing them as .dat files which I can't open with any program, even Word (the messages are scrambled). I didn't change any settings on either e-mail program. What can I do to make it possible to send Word attachments that I can read in Agent? Thanks! ~ narnia ~ wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I > used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is > showing them as .dat fil...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...