Getting rid of header after first page

Hi!

I´m working on a document with about ten (10) pages.

On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email
address and so on. I don´t want to have that header in the following pages so
I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers.

I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I did
that after the first page (I´m able to see the "marks" of the Section Break).

Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and pressed
"Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but also the header on page 1. What
error did I make?

Any help to solve this problem are very much appreciated.

If you only want the header on the first page, you don't need to add a
section. Instead, first select and cut the header contents, then enable
"Different first page" (in the Page Setup dialog box) and finally paste the
header contents back into the first header.

When you have multiple sections, note that you cannot change the contents of
a single header (footer) until you have unlinked its contents from those of
the corresponding header (footer) of the preceding section. On the Header
and Footer toolbar (Word 97-2003) or the Header & Footer Tools Design tab,
click to deselect Link to Previous (in some versions the command is called
Same as Previous). To clarify further: For a section with multiple types of
headers and footers (first page, even page, odd page) must be unlinked
separately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"berane" <berane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I�m working on a document with about ten (10) pages.
>
> On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email
> address and so on. I don�t want to have that header in the following pages
> so
> I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers.
>
> I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I did
> that after the first page (I�m able to see the "marks" of the Section
> Break).
>
> Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and pressed
> "Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but also the header on page 1.
> What
> error did I make?
>
> Any help to solve this problem are very much appreciated.

1
Stefan
3/9/2010 11:37:26 AM
Stefan Blom - thanks for your swift reply, it saved my day!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> If you only want the header on the first page, you don't need to add a
> section. Instead, first select and cut the header contents, then enable
> "Different first page" (in the Page Setup dialog box) and finally paste the
> header contents back into the first header.
>
> When you have multiple sections, note that you cannot change the contents of
> a single header (footer) until you have unlinked its contents from those of
> the corresponding header (footer) of the preceding section. On the Header
> and Footer toolbar (Word 97-2003) or the Header & Footer Tools Design tab,
> click to deselect Link to Previous (in some versions the command is called
> Same as Previous). To clarify further: For a section with multiple types of
> headers and footers (first page, even page, odd page) must be unlinked
> separately.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "berane" <berane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I´m working on a document with about ten (10) pages.
> >
> > On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email
> > address and so on. I don´t want to have that header in the following pages
> > so
> > I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers.
> >
> > I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I did
> > that after the first page (I´m able to see the "marks" of the Section
> > Break).
> >
> > Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and pressed
> > "Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but also the header on page 1.
> > What
> > error did I make?
> >
> > Any help to solve this problem are very much appreciated.
> >

> .

I'm glad I could help!

For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--

> Stefan Blom - thanks for your swift reply, it saved my day!
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> If you only want the header on the first page, you don't need to add a
>> section. Instead, first select and cut the header contents, then enable
>> "Different first page" (in the Page Setup dialog box) and finally paste
>> the
>> header contents back into the first header.
>>
>> When you have multiple sections, note that you cannot change the contents
>> of
>> a single header (footer) until you have unlinked its contents from those
>> of
>> the corresponding header (footer) of the preceding section. On the Header
>> and Footer toolbar (Word 97-2003) or the Header & Footer Tools Design
>> tab,
>> click to deselect Link to Previous (in some versions the command is
>> called
>> Same as Previous). To clarify further: For a section with multiple types
>> of
>> headers and footers (first page, even page, odd page) must be unlinked
>> separately.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "berane" <berane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I�m working on a document with about ten (10) pages.
>> >
>> > On the first page I have a header with date, name address, phone, email
>> > address and so on. I don�t want to have that header in the following
>> > pages
>> > so
>> > I searched for help on how to get rid of those headers.
>> >
>> > I got the information that first I have to insert a Section Break so I
>> > did
>> > that after the first page (I�m able to see the "marks" of the Section
>> > Break).
>> >
>> > Beeing on page 2 I then selected "Header", marked all the text and
>> > pressed
>> > "Delete". The header on page 2 was gone but also the header on page 1.
>> > What
>> > error did I make?
>> >
>> > Any help to solve this problem are very much appreciated.
>> >

>> .

0
Stefan
3/9/2010 1:23:25 PM
And for letterhead-type applications:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm glad I could help!
>
> For more on headers and footers, see
> http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "berane" <berane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Stefan Blom - thanks for your swift reply, it saved my day!
>>
>> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>>
>>> If you only want the header on the first page, you don't need to add a
>>> section. Instead, first select and cut the header contents, then enable
>>> "Different first page" (in the Page Setup dialog box) and finally paste
>>> the
>>> header contents back into the first header.
>>>
>>> When you have multiple sections, note that you cannot change the
>>> contents of
>>> a single header (footer) until you have unlinked its contents from those
>>> of
>>> the corresponding header (footer) of the preceding section. On the
>>> Header
>>> and Footer toolbar (Word 97-2003) or the Header & Footer Tools Design
>>> tab,
>>> click to deselect Link to Previous (in some versions the command is
>>> called
>>> Same as Previous). To clarify further: For a section with multiple types
>>> of
>>> headers and footers (first page, even page, odd page) must be unlinked
>>> separately.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefan Blom
>>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>>

>>> "berane" <berane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> .

0
Suzanne

print the tracking page
Windows XP Office 2003 Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab when I shedule meetings? When I try to do this, the "Appointment" tab shows up as the page being printed...??? Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou Sanderson only with a screen print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

invoking outlook from web page
Is there any way to invoke outlook client from a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook client from an incon in it.Please help. thanks in advance vikrant singhai wrote: > Is there any way to invoke outlook client from > a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using > HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook > client from an incon in it.Please help. Ah, the famous Indian IT experts raising their towelly heads. No wonder I feel like trampling the phone everytime I'm getting transfer...

A Crystal Beginner

how can I find out trace dependents on other pages
I want to find out trace dependents, how can I find out trace dependents on other pages? -- PETER After clicking Tools > Formula Auditing > Trace Precedents/Dependents, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to a mini sheet icon, that'll bring up a "Go To" dialog to navigate to either the precedent(s) / dependent(s) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Peter" <peter.oellinger@t-online.de> wrote in message news:7280B569-F4B6-4EB4-A79A-6852BAF7949E@microsoft.com... >I want to find out trace depen...

Get paid while you get online!!

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

How do I get??

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Get photos from a camera

Master Pages
I am trying to set up several different types of Master Pages. I cannot seem to be able to save them from one session to another. My ultimate goal is to create flyers. I want to include picture and text boxes in each master page (sized and positioning diffent in each master page). I want to be able to open a blank publication, apply one of my many saved Master Pages. Include the unique pics and text to that pub page with applied master page. Then print. My Master pages that I create go away after each session. HELP All you ever wanted to know about Master Pages http://office.mi...