Deleting small squares all over Word doc???

When opening a Word doc, small squares display all over the page.  How do I
delete them?
--
Thank you,
Helen G

I suspect you must be talking about the drawing grid. This will not print,
but you can hide it. In Word 2003 and earlier, display the Drawing toolbar,
choose Draw | Grid, and clear the check box for "Show gridlines on screen."
In Word 2007, clear the check box for Gridlines on the View tab (Show/Hide
group).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Helen G" <HelenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When opening a Word doc, small squares display all over the page.  How do
> delete them?
> --
> Thank you,
> Helen G

0
Suzanne

Cannot delete subreport

Adapting Pc word template to mac

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Rule for Deleted Items

MLA Anthology Citation in Word 2007
Is it possible to use Word 2007's built-in citation feature to cite a work in an anthology with the proper MLA formatting for a Works Cited list? This should be formatted as follows: (1) author of the selected work, (2) title of the selected work, (3) title of the anthology, (4) name of the editor preceded by "Ed.", (5) publication details, and (6) the pages in the anthology where the selection appears. Again, my question is if there's a way to get all that information into the Word 2007 citation formatting tool. The answer is certainly yes. The question o...

Can't see pictures in Excel / Word
When I open Excel or Word documents with pictures in them I can't see them. Also when I copy / paste a picture into a document I only see the picture border and a small box with a red cross in it. The only way to see those pictures is in Web page preview or going into bitmap image object and selecting edit, but when done the image is gone again. In options / view / picture placeholders is unchecked, drawings is checked. Kr, Peter So can you see the pictures in Publisher? Have you checked out your graphics card driver? Read the third FAQ here. It is Publisher specific but it is rel...

Reserved words get 'redefined'
Hi All, A couple of times I've 'redefined' reserved words such that I end up corrupting my database (Access2K). For example, I set up a query and set a field's name to 'DESCRIPTION'. From that point forward, Access thinks I'm referring to the 'DESCRIPTION' as opposed to Description (as in MsgBox Err.Desciption). I recover by going to my backup copy of my development database and recreating anything that I've changed after confusing Access. Does anyone know if, buried in the guts of the database, I can correct this type of error? Perhaps in a ...

Delete macros

Cannot load shared Microsoft word libraries
I cant open any of my office 2004 programs. The window popping up says: The files have been moved from the original location and I have to move them back or reinstall them. This happened right after I did an update so I think that messed it up. Does anyone know what I can do without reinstalling the program? Thanks for any help Hi, this is symptomatic of an update gone wrong. Try re-applying the updates, and all should be well again. On 30/11/07 7:16, in article 8292f6a4-9467-43f1-8d2d-82e2399ec744@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "veg26818@hotmail.com" <veg26818@hotmail.com> ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

Delete blank Last page

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

Deleting an email

excel/word mail merge problem
Hi. I am using excel as a data source for a word mail merge document. The spreadsheet looks fine, but when I merge it, sometimes the number of decimal places in my word document is bizarre. For example, if a value in excel shows as 17.97, in the resulting word document it might appear as 17.9699999999. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using and excel 2002 and word 2002. Thanks in advance for any help. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/ass...

#Deleted

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...