cursor problem

When  I am typing any kind of text in word or email messages, my cursor jumps
around randomly causing all kinds of crazy typos.  How do I correct this
problem?

Adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad on your laptop.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

"amyparker" <amyparker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When  I am typing any kind of text in word or email messages, my cursor
> jumps
> around randomly causing all kinds of crazy typos.  How do I correct this
> problem?

0
Gordon

Problem with CListView #2
Hello, I tried to create a simple program which uses CListView in report mode. I have added columns and items, and yet when I run the program I cant see any of these objects (columns or items). All I see is a menu and a completely empty view. Any suggestions? "Doron" <doronya1@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:cfdmtv$dbu$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > Hello, > I tried to create a simple program which uses CListView in report mode. I > have added columns and items, and yet when I run the program I cant see any > of these objects (columns or items). All I se...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

restore backup password problem
My pc crashed but I had no worries (I thought) because I have Carbonite. I installed the same software Money Standard 2006 version on my laptop as was on my desktop. Everything is fine and I am inside the money program. I downloaded my latest Money backup from Carbonite to my laptop. When I try to restore the backup into Money, I am asked for my Money password. I have had the same password for years so there is no mistake. I have entered it at least 10 times. I get the error message that the password is incorrect and to try again. Without the password I cannot restore the backup. I called M...

Problems with licensing
Hello, i have got a problem with how to tell exchange how many CALs exists. In the normal way I put it under Verwaltung/Lizensierung - there appears under products the Exchange Server 2003. But in this case there is no record with Exchange Server 2003. I can't find any licensing information for the Exchange Server. I think something got wrong during installation. Background: 1 x Domaincontroller width Server 2003 Standard 1 x old Mailserver with Server 2000 and Exchange 5.5 as member of domain. 1 x 2003 Server R2 as Member of Domain with Exchange 2003 (newly installed - will repla...

Network or Communication problems!?
Hi, I have a severe problem now when using Outlook. I can no longer do the following, in IE click File, Send, Link by email, or right click on any file and Send To. If I try this I get the following message "The Operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again". This problem has only occurred during the last few days and I do not know why or how to fix it. I has used 'Detect and Repair' and this has not cured it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and again I still get the message. The only (hopefully temp...

Problem with a small lookup database ..... ???
Hi i have a list with ranges and i need to put it in one whole list ... Ex --- this is what i have .... Cell A1 = Name ex Mr Smith Cell B1 = Start Range ex 10 Cell C1 = Stop RANGE ex 15 Cell D1 = Date 01/10/05 Cell A2 = Name ex Mr Black Cell B2 = Start Range ex 18 Cell C2 = Stop RANGE ex 21 Cell D2 = Date 01/11/05 and so on. What i need is this .. i have a list of ranges ex from 1 to 100 under each other and in the coloumns near them i will get the info ... So i will get like so .. Range 11 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 12 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 13 - Mr Smith - 01/10/05 ... & 17 - 18 -...

unicode problems?!
Hi I have a configuration file which is saved as an ansi file. I read it line by line wit fgets. Now it happens that some customers save the file accidently as unicode even though it has the same content. Now I want that my software identifies the unicode and then reads the file line by line and converts the signs to normal ansi signs and saves the line as a CString so that my parser doesn't know that it was unicode in orginal. Is there a way to do this? I use IsTextUnicode() to identify it and it works fine. I tried to read the lines then with fgetws and then convert it with :: szHelpBuf...

Categorizer Problems
I have a customer that is experiencing problems have me scratching my head. 99% of everything works just fine and everything flows great with one exception. The server is constantly registering the events listed bellow. I have increased the logging level and it did not show any additional details. I renamed the customer information to protect them. If anyone has seen this or has, any clues about it please help. Bellow are the event logs form the server in the order in which they are processed. Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Categorizer E...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

Scrolling problem
Hi I am developing an application in vc++6.0 in Document/View architecture. When I run it on 1024/768 resolution. It works fine but creates problem(scroll down) when I run it on 800/600 or low resolution. How I can run it on all resolutions. Any idea ? Regards and Thanks Ghazanfar Ali It might help if you explain what the problem with scrolling down was. It might also help if you gave some indication of what the associated code was doing. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Ghazanfar Al...

Problem with Microsolf Mail and attachments
Is anyone out there having a problem sending mail with an attachment, PDF, Word or otherwise where the message when received by the recipient can not be opened? This is creating a hell of a problem for me because I send PDF attachments daily. I am thanking you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. Sincerely, -- Terry Springer Email: tspringer2@verizon.net Cell Phone 412 612-3865 On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:41:31 -0500, "Terry Springer" <tspringer@papreferredmortgage.com> wrote: >Is anyone out there having a problem sending mail with an attachmen...

IMF causing all sorts of problems
I've got a Win2003 SP1 front end/backend running Exchange 2003 SP2 in native mode all patched and up to date. I recently download IMF and it's causing numerous crashes of inetinfo.exe in msvcrtl.dll. In addition the SMPT process is continually restarting. I am also getting a 'fault bucket 190940943'. I was under the impression this software was simple to use/install and it's causing nothing but grief and isn't filtering anything. Has anyone encountered these problems or has any ideas what might be the problems. TIA...Bob On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:32:28 -0800, Fuz...

Money 05 restore problems
I need to reformat my hard drive and am moving important files to another computer before I do. The problem is that I cant make my files work on the other computer. I have read all the previous posts regarding this problem and none of the solutions are working. I either have trouble with the password or it tells me the file is incompatible. They are both 1105 versions running on XP, I have tried through a network file transfer, through using the flash drive. I have tried transfering both the backup as well as the original files. I disabled the password on the original to make it easier ...

Office X to Office 11.1.0 upgrade problem
I have just upgraded to Office X 10.1.6 and wanted to go on to Office 11.1.0. When I try and load Office 11.1.0 it tells me I cannot do this - any ideas?? Phil The upgrade from Office v.X to Office 2004 (v.11) is *not* free. You will have to buy Office 2004 (since you already have Office v.X, you can get the upgrade, which is considerably cheaper than the regular edition) before you can update it to v.11.1. Michel On 27.03.05 11:22, in article 1111915374.297355.21880@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "PhilT" <phil@thethirdstage.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Office...

COUNTIF Formula problems
I am trying to get a count of a few cells. I just need them to be counted if they are greater than 0. I have tried two different ways and both give me an error. Here's what I have tried: =COUNTIF((E6,N6,AI6,AL6,AO6),">0") and =COUNTIF(E6+N6+AI6+AO6+),">0" Any help would be greatly appreciated. You will have to write it as =COUNTIF(E6:AO6,">0") If you insist on the intermediate cells not being included, I suggest =COUNTIF(E6,">0")+COUNTIF(N6,">0")+..., but in that case I think there are better options. "LDanix&qu...

2 strange problems
exchange 2000 sp3, post sp3 rollup outlook xp or 2003 the problems are only experienced by some users, not all. and it happens with both outlook xp and 2003. problem 1: an internal user will send an email to another internal user. the user will not receive the email even when manually clicking send/receive. if he closes outlook and relaunches it, then he receives the message. problem 2: remote user connect to office via vpn and runs outlook. 5 or 6 messages arrive and no more. waiting and/or hitting send/receive still produces no more messages. closing and relaunching outlook will bring in ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

Problem with Gain Calculation
I recently re-invested in a stock that I haven't used since 2006 in one of my investment accounts. I also bought 4 other stocks that were new to me. The 4 new ones show a Gain amount equal to their cost minus their current value...what it should be. The other, however, (I believe) is taking that amount and adding it to the amount that I profited 2 years ago...which throws everything off for me. Is there any way to make Money think this is a new investment so the Gain will make sense for this year, and not add in data from years past? In microsoft.public.money, Brannon wrote: &...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

RPC HTTPS Connection Problems
I am running Exchange SP2 on a single server configuration. I am trying to configure all office users with laptops to connect with rpc over https. I have 3 clients from the initial group that work fine and connect through HTTPS everytime. A few others are unable to connect over HTTPS. When at the office they work fine but connect over TCP/IP. I have added the registry key for DumpsterAlwaysOn as well as followed all the instructions in KB 833401 to a T. I have also tried removing the registry entry for ncacn_np and checked the Client Protocols per KB 326036. I have also tried insta...

Problem Replying to Emails in Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 installed on my home computer. I have verizon.net as my ISP. Starting about 5 months ago, sometimes (I would say about 1 in 3 messages) when I am replying to an email, I get the following error message: Task 'Mail Account (1) - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required' Then my email will stay in the outbox and not be delivered. If reopen the email, "select all" to copy all the text, and create a new...

A problem with SendObject
On a form is a populated list and command buttons. One of them is to e-mail a report. Everything works well except for one detail, I can use the lettre_introduction file as the template to the body of the e-mail in Outlook The file lettre_intrduction is a htlm file. Here is my code : If Forms![Home Base]![cmdClient].Enabled = True Then strRapport = "Rapport client" ' Le rapport à utiliser strDestinataire = Forms![Home Base]![Liste Client HB subform].[Form]![nom_client] Else ' Le client ...

Setting cursor for Disabled Button
Hi I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the cursor. I set my custom cursor there. but it has no effect. Am I doing something wrong. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana >I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. >Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in >disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the >cursor. I set ...

SBS Reinstall Problems
I have a new client who had his SBS 2003 R1 server go down due to a bad hard drive. His Network is comprised of 1 Server, 5 XP Workstations. His previous IT either did not document his system or took it with him when he disappeared. Also there are no backups. He initially brought me his server to repair, because it wouldn't boot. After verifying that the hard drive was bad, I reinstalled SBS based on info I gathered from the client. By doing this I didn?t account for 2 things. One was I didn't take into account the 5 workstations already in place as well as the current use...