Automatic Footers in WORD

Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean

Here below are two methids of doing what you want:
1. Create a template that has what you want built-in. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm for help on
templates.
2. Create an autotext entry of the footer. For more on AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_Building_Blocks_&_AutoText.htm.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Jean" wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
> each new document without having to add it manually?
> --
> Thank you, Jean
Hi Jean,

Yes. Simply modify the template upon which the documents are based.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3070203B-55E2-4524-8209-018519E51A41@microsoft.com...
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
> each new document without having to add it manually?
> --
> Thank you, Jean
0
macropod
3/30/2010 10:40:32 AM
Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.

From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create
templates that then could be rolled out across our business so that employees
would be able to choose which one most suited the purpose? Could this be done
via SMS to you think?
Thanks for your help. I am new to all of this.
--
Thank you, Jean

"DeanH" wrote:

> Here below are two methids of doing what you want:
> 1. Create a template that has what you want built-in. See
> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm for help on
> templates.
> 2. Create an autotext entry of the footer. For more on AutoText, see
> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm and
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_Building_Blocks_&_AutoText.htm.
>
> Hope this helps
> DeanH
>

> "Jean" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
> > each new document without having to add it manually?
> > --
> > Thank you, Jean
Hi Jean,

You want to distribute Word documents/templates via SMS? Somehow, I don't think that'll work.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08CAA9F-3495-49BD-A73E-96BF0C554D40@microsoft.com...
> Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
> The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
> either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.
>
> From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create
> templates that then could be rolled out across our business so that employees
> would be able to choose which one most suited the purpose? Could this be done
> via SMS to you think?
> Thanks for your help. I am new to all of this.
> --
> Thank you, Jean
>

> "DeanH" wrote:
>
>> Here below are two methids of doing what you want:
>> 1. Create a template that has what you want built-in. See
>> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm for help on
>> templates.
>> 2. Create an autotext entry of the footer. For more on AutoText, see
>> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm and
>> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_Building_Blocks_&_AutoText.htm.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> DeanH
>>

>> "Jean" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
>> > each new document without having to add it manually?
>> > --
>> > Thank you, Jean
0
macropod
3/30/2010 10:28:03 PM
Thanks Macropod
We need to create templates that then need to be distributed to 1000's of
employees, wasnt too sure if this could be done by SMS but from your thoughts
it doesnt sound like it.
--
Thank you, Jean

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> You want to distribute Word documents/templates via SMS? Somehow, I don't think that'll work.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08CAA9F-3495-49BD-A73E-96BF0C554D40@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
> > The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
> > either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.
> >
> > From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create
> > templates that then could be rolled out across our business so that employees
> > would be able to choose which one most suited the purpose? Could this be done
> > via SMS to you think?
> > Thanks for your help. I am new to all of this.
> > --
> > Thank you, Jean
> >

> > "DeanH" wrote:
> >
> >> Here below are two methids of doing what you want:
> >> 1. Create a template that has what you want built-in. See
> >> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm for help on
> >> templates.
> >> 2. Create an autotext entry of the footer. For more on AutoText, see
> >> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm and
> >> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_Building_Blocks_&_AutoText.htm.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps
> >> DeanH

> .

Hyperlink from Word 2007 to PowerPoint 2007
Hello, I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out so any advice would be helpful. I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all open the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop). * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen because it gives ...

Where are the Word Templates?
I'm using Word Office 2007 and can't find the word templates anymore. Are they still available? Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "idahoshippers" <idahoshippers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92CF36C9-C5E2-4B06-B59B-14A902539EA0@microsoft.com... > I'm using Word Office 2007 and can't find the wor...

Word template for a small envelope for placecards, Avery 3264
How do I get a Word template for a small envelope for placecards, Avery 3264? It isn't in my Word 2004.I also need a template for the cards that go into this envelope. Thanks. Usually: From the Avery website. But you can make it yourself quite easily... Cheers On 12/6/07 9:32 PM, in article jackstroh-6E7214.07323112062007@comcast.dca.giganews.com, "Jack Stroh" <jackstroh@usa.net> wrote: > How do I get a Word template for a small envelope for placecards, Avery > 3264? It isn't in my Word 2004.I also need a template for the cards that > go into this env...

Automatic CC

inserting .dot templates and headers/footers
Hello, I have question regarding insertion of .dot templates in empty word documents. Background: Our CRM software produces new, empty word documents (from normal.dot) when you want to create a letter. We then use the insert > file option to import a ..dot template that will show the exact layout of the letter as we want it. The letter contains headers and footers on every page, and the template is divided in different sections with different footers. When i open the template from word, everything looks fine. When I insert the ..dot file as a template (through insert &...

Automatic axis format

undo saving a document in Word
I changed a Word document and hit save. Oops!! Now I want to revert to the pre-editted version. Can I get it back? As long as you haven't closed the document, you can use Undo: press Ctrl+Z until you get back the version that you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "sillytilly" <sillytilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D24714A3-15E7-41F3-8C75-D24F14597DB6@microsoft.com... >I changed a Word document and hit save. Oops!! Now I want to revert to the > pre-editted version. Can I get it back? If you realize the mis...

hiding a comment in Word 2007
how can I get a pop-up comment (like you can in Excel) which comes up when you rest the mouse pointer over it, but disappears again when you move the mouse pointer away from it. I have Word 2007 . Hello Chris chris wrote: > how can I get a pop-up comment (like you can in Excel) which comes up when > you rest the mouse pointer over it, but disappears again when you move the > mouse pointer away from it. I have Word 2007 . MVP Jay Freedman has found an interesting "hack" for this sort of thing in Word: <quote> Every once in a while, somebody asks f...

nonsense words
where can i download those nonsense words or fake text to fill up a text box for example. help and thanks. Google for "lorem ipsum" and you'll get plenty to choose from. -- Hugs, Erika Just go to the Symantec website and download the text from any pages as it is all lies, garbage, false claims etc. etc. and just a lot of nonsense sales department meaningless words. -- ...

Changing date format in a footer
I have entered a date in a worksheet footer. I would like to change its format from the default of dd-mm-yy to dd-MMM-yy. How can I do this ? Can I change the default date format for all worksheets ? TIA -- John Reynolds John Excel gets its footer date format from your Operating System Regional Options short date settings. You might be able to change that to your desired format of dd-MMM-yy. I entered that format in my regional settings and I still get dd-mm-yy so don't know how you would make out. It would be a global setting and affect all programs and all worksheets. Alterna...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

Automatically format charts with range of dates
What I am trying to do is I have 4 charts that are linked with data from another spreadsheet. They are basically week totals for my business and make a chart compared to say last year. What I want to do though is have an option on my report that I can enter in a specific date or a range of dates and have the charts automatically filter the new data in and change. Instead of having to go into the chart data and changing what series of data I want to have a chart for I want to be able to just enter eg. "April 12-April 18" and have the charts bring up that data to reflect the ...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...

How do I import a plain text file into a word worksheet?
I am using Word 2003. How do I import a plain text file into a data worksheet? If the text file is delimited into records using a particular character - see http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm and jump in where your text file matches the illustrations. If not, then explain exactly what you have and what you want to do with it. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&g...

Using WORD document as report
Hi, I have a registration form that was created with Word. It contains information such as player name and address and contact info, etc etc. I'd like to somehow import this form into Access so I could have a database instead of having to print the Word form for each new player and then entering everything by hand. Am I making sense ? Basically I don't want to have to redo my form, I want to import it into Access to use as both a form to enter new info AND as a report. I also want to print both the completed form as well a a receipt once the info has been entered. Can anyone ...

Insert date automatically
I have a column with values such as: 3/25 3/24 3/29 3/21 3/21 3/21 And wish to automatically add todays date if the value of the cell is blank in the mm/dd format. I have used an =If(Column:Column="",TODAY()) in a column next to it and formatted it in mm/dd to get the desired result. But how can I take this value (todays date) and insert it back into the original column automatically and without changing the other valuse? As always thank you! Rick Hi, Rick: Here's one way. Step 1 is to make a backup of your original file so you have a fallback in case something goes ...