word doc opening as symbols and not readable text

  • Follow

I wrote a document in word 03 and saved it to my usb. It saved as a word doc
but when i took my usb to open it on another computer to print it opens as a
bunch of symbols. I went back to the same computer i saved it from and it
still will not open as readable text. What can i do to recover it and is
there any way to recover it
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 3:50:01 PM

You've just learnt a tough lesson. NEVER work in Word directly with any type
of removable media: it is the number 1 method of corrupting documents.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"studentneedshelp" <studentneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9A8EF9DA-351E-4981-BB5C-D1488DD76592@microsoft.com...
> I wrote a document in word 03 and saved it to my usb. It saved as a word
> doc
> but when i took my usb to open it on another computer to print it opens as
> bunch of symbols. I went back to the same computer i saved it from and it
> still will not open as readable text. What can i do to recover it and is
> there any way to recover it

0
Reply Terry 2/10/2010 4:26:54 PM

(page loaded in 0.165 seconds)