winword.exe process remains after word is closed (error on turn of

I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the winword.exe process
remains open. I don't have any other office application open. The winword.exe
process does not use any CPU but is about 50000k.

When I attempt to turn off the computer I am told that the winWord
application has not terminated.

How can I fix this error?

Any assistance VERY GRATEFULLY received.

Peter Evans
-1

------=_NextPart_000_0091_01CB049D.F1E340D0

Earlier version of Word remained a running process of Word if Outlook =
was used as the email editor. But this stopped with Word 2007. Try =
opening Word in Safe Mode and then closing it.

From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press Enter. Word has now started in Safe mode to a blank document. =
Close Word and check in Task Manager to see if winword.exe process has =
closed.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

  "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the winword.exe =
process=20
  remains open. I don't have any other office application open. The =
winword.exe=20
  process does not use any CPU but is about 50000k.

  When I attempt to turn off the computer I am told that the winWord=20
  application has not terminated.

  How can I fix this error?

  Any assistance VERY GRATEFULLY received.

  Peter Evans

------=_NextPart_000_0091_01CB049D.F1E340D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Earlier version of Word =
remained a=20
running process of Word&nbsp;if Outlook was used as the email editor. =
But this=20
stopped with Word 2007. Try opening Word in Safe Mode and then closing=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">From Start | Run, type =
in</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">winword /a</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">and press Enter. Word has =
now started=20
in Safe mode to a blank document. Close Word and check in Task Manager =
to see if=20
winword.exe process&nbsp;has closed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dright><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI"><FONT=20
color=3D#000080>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Peter" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:Peter@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Peter@discussions.microsoft.com">Peter@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:29394083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:29394083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com">news:293=
94083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV>I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the =
winword.exe=20
  process <BR>remains open. I don't have any other office application =
open. The=20
  winword.exe <BR>process does not use any CPU but is about =
50000k.<BR><BR>When=20
  I attempt to turn off the computer I am told that the winWord =
<BR>application=20
  has not terminated.<BR><BR>How can I fix this error?<BR><BR>Any =
assistance=20
  VERY GRATEFULLY received.<BR><BR>Peter Evans</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0091_01CB049D.F1E340D0--

0
Terry
6/5/2010 9:57:52 AM
Terry,

Thanks for your rapid reply.

If I start Word in Safe mode I see the winword.exe process and as soon as I
exit is dissappears (this is GOOD)

I did this a couple of times then opened it normally and when I quit the
winword.exe process is still there.

I have no templates in the STARTUP folder and I have no loaded User
Templates.  There is an addin from ENDNOTE but I have been usign that for a
long time.

I have also deleted my normal.dotm and allowed it to be recreated ... but
still I end up with a WINWORD.EXE process that does not end every time I
start Word!

Does anyone have any more suggestions I could try.

Peter Evans

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> Earlier version of Word remained a running process of Word if Outlook was used as the email editor. But this stopped with Word 2007. Try opening Word in Safe Mode and then closing it.
>
> From Start | Run, type in
>
> winword /a
>
> and press Enter. Word has now started in Safe mode to a blank document. Close Word and check in Task Manager to see if winword.exe process has closed.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
>   "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29394083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com...
>   I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the winword.exe process
>   remains open. I don't have any other office application open. The winword.exe
>   process does not use any CPU but is about 50000k.
>
>   When I attempt to turn off the computer I am told that the winWord
>   application has not terminated.
>
>   How can I fix this error?
>
>   Any assistance VERY GRATEFULLY received.
>
>   Peter Evans

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB04BE.C54E2000

Well definitely an add-in is causing this. I'd have to suspect End Note =
if it is the only add-in that you have. But check for any COM add-ins =
too.

Terry
  Terry,

  Thanks for your rapid reply.

  If I start Word in Safe mode I see the winword.exe process and as soon =
as I=20
  exit is dissappears (this is GOOD)

  I did this a couple of times then opened it normally and when I quit =
the=20
  winword.exe process is still there.

  I have no templates in the STARTUP folder and I have no loaded User=20
  Templates.  There is an addin from ENDNOTE but I have been usign that =
for a=20
  long time.

  I have also deleted my normal.dotm and allowed it to be recreated ... =
but=20
  still I end up with a WINWORD.EXE process that does not end every time =
I=20

  "Terry Farrell" wrote:

  > Earlier version of Word remained a running process of Word if =
Outlook was used as the email editor. But this stopped with Word 2007. =
Try opening Word in Safe Mode and then closing it.
  >=20
  > From Start | Run, type in
  >=20
  > winword /a
  >=20
  > and press Enter. Word has now started in Safe mode to a blank =
document. Close Word and check in Task Manager to see if winword.exe =
process has closed.
  >=20
  > --=20
  > Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  >=20
  >   "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  >   I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the =
winword.exe process=20
  >   remains open. I don't have any other office application open. The =
winword.exe=20
  >   process does not use any CPU but is about 50000k.
  >=20
  >   When I attempt to turn off the computer I am told that the winWord =

  >   application has not terminated.
  >=20
  >   How can I fix this error?
  >=20
  >   Any assistance VERY GRATEFULLY received.
  >=20
  >   Peter Evans
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB04BE.C54E2000

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Well definitely an add-in =
is causing=20
this. I'd have to suspect End Note if it is the only add-in that you =
have. But=20
check for any COM add-ins too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Terry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Peter" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Peter@discussions.microsoft.com">Peter@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:AE22F735-F7B2-4933-A0FA-7A01961E46EF@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:AE22F735-F7B2-4933-A0FA-7A01961E46EF@microsoft.com">news:AE2=
2F735-F7B2-4933-A0FA-7A01961E46EF@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Terry,<BR><BR=
>Thanks=20
  for your rapid reply.<BR><BR>If I start Word in Safe mode I see the=20
  winword.exe process and as soon as I <BR>exit is dissappears (this is=20
  GOOD)<BR><BR>I did this a couple of times then opened it normally and =
when I=20
  quit the <BR>winword.exe process is still there.<BR><BR>I have no =
templates in=20
  the STARTUP folder and I have no loaded User <BR>Templates.&nbsp; =
There is an=20
  addin from ENDNOTE but I have been usign that for a <BR>long =
time.<BR><BR>I=20
  have also deleted my normal.dotm and allowed it to be recreated ... =
but=20
  <BR>still I end up with a WINWORD.EXE process that does not end every =
time I=20
  <BR>start Word!<BR><BR>Does anyone have any more suggestions I could=20
  try.<BR><BR>Peter Evans<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Terry Farrell" =
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
  Earlier version of Word remained a running process of Word if Outlook =
was used=20
  as the email editor. But this stopped with Word 2007. Try opening Word =
in Safe=20
  Mode and then closing it.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; From Start | Run, type =
in<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; winword /a<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; and press Enter. Word has now =
started in=20
  Safe mode to a blank document. Close Word and check in Task Manager to =
see if=20
  winword.exe process has closed.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Terry =
Farrell -=20
  MSWord MVP<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Peter" &lt;<A=20
  =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:29394083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:29394083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com">news:293=
94083-8C5C-4E9B-A41A-CFEAD79DC44C@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  I am using Word 2007 on XP and when I exit from Word the winword.exe =
process=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; remains open. I don't have any other office =
application=20
  open. The winword.exe <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; process does not use any =
CPU but is=20
  about 50000k.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; When I attempt to turn off =
the=20
  computer I am told that the winWord <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; application =
has not=20
  terminated.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; How can I fix this =
error?<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any assistance VERY GRATEFULLY received.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Peter Evans<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CB04BE.C54E2000--

1
Terry

Backoffice GWClient.exe tool
I am trying to fix a Free/Busy issue on one of my exchange servers with a client. The following article references what looks to be the fix. Does anyone know where I can get the GWClient.exe from? I don't have the Backoffice resource kit http://support.microsoft.com/?id=250051 Thanks in advance Nevermind I used MDBVU32.EXE instead. Thanks "Bob Smith" wrote: > I am trying to fix a Free/Busy issue on one of my exchange servers with a > client. The following article references what looks to be the fix. Does > anyone know where I can get the GWClient.exe from? I d...

Dumping out a single record of data for external processing
Hello, I'm interested in extracting out some field data in single record for further processing by an outside application. My idea was to creat just a generic report that would query the fields that I would need, and that particular record. Then perhaps I could export it out so that the items would show up in a text file as: FieldTitle1 Fieldcontents1 FieldTitle2 Fieldcontents2 etc... Does anyone have any ideas as to a better way to do this? I've been playing with T-SQL for basic reporting needs we have, and thought going this route would make it simple in that once the rep...

The Joy of Turning Off Indexing
I found the new "indexing options" control panel that people were talking about that gets installed with Microsoft Office 2007. Now I'm not sure what issues I may have later (or whether it's just search speed) but turning it off completely has stopped the incessant spinning of my hard drive since it was installed a week ago. It indexed over 15K files and it just seems to keep looking on an ongoing basis, slowing up the laptop significantly. Other than a bizarre, superficial bug I have with sending messages (the number of sent messages is always wrong) it's working decentl...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

can't close (complete) tasks
Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to close (as completed) tasks: Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception c...

Help... Kitl & VMINI ping error
Hi,dear all I have some trouble in Wince 5.0 with VMINI Networking,the situation is: I enabled KITL(DHCP enabled) for debuging my OS design,the VMINI is also enabled and Loaded, I can download , launch and debug the OS successfully,but when I use IE to visit web site,It failed,the error message is "Cannot find Server or DNS",I can ping the target selft successfully,but failed to ping my host or other IP address,the ping error message is "transmit failed, error code 11010". the target's ipconfig message is: IP Address ..................:192.168.34.161 ...

>>>RMS Customer Chat Today 10:00am PST: Payment Processing<<<
TODAY!!! Customer Live Chat topic: Payment Processing Sign-up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx Having issues with payment processing or have questions about integration and set-up? Chat with Microsoft Dynamics RMS payment processing feature experts to help you set-up and trouble shoot payment processing issues. View related articles: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/articles/paymentprocessing.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/articles/paymentprocessingfaq.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

W3SVC error
Hello everyone. I'm experiencing problems with Exchange 2000 SP3, I have an error in the Event log every five minutes on hours of high e-mail traffic that says: Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 100 Date: 08/01/2004 Time: 09:51:49 User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2K Description: The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'administrator' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Suppor...

How do I search for hyphenated words in Outlook 2007?
Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed in quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How do I get the whole word only? Thanks. "jsperko" <jsperko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0668B630-9998-4F8B-98FE-1F01F80A709B@microsoft.com... > Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed > in > quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How > do I get the whole...

error while compiling "OBJECT REQUIRED"
hi, iam trying to run a macro in the excel but its throwing error "object required". kindly help me out . THE ERROR IS SHOWN FOR THE LAST LINE OF CODE. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim objWSH As String, objFileSystem, objlogfile As String Dim strWorkPath, lCountErrors, lCountWarnings, strLogFileName, strLogDate As String Dim strDHCPServer, strIPAddr, strMACAddr, strScope, strClientName, strComment, strtype As String Dim strOption, strOptionCode, strOptionValue, strDNSvalues As String Dim fso, DHCPInputFile,...

No close box on Excel
Here is my problem: After installing Microsoft Office 2000 Premium SR-1 with SP3 patches on a Windows 2000 Professional computer, the close box "X" is grayed out and the only way I can close Excel is Alt+F4. During the installation process, I selected, "Run all from my computer." Is there a fix for this, or not? Any useful help will be appreciated. Thank you. See if this helps:- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242374 XL97: Close Button Is Dimmed After Groupwise Is Installed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 ...

How to decrypt a file in winword #2
Hi, I'm anim. When WinWord.exe reads encrypted file(which has encrypted by my app's engine) I want to intercept the function ReadFile(), and decrypt data and toss it to the winword. For this, I think about 3 methods. 1. try to use api-hooking : succeed in hooking, but could't find doc data in the buffer of the readfile(). 2. by using office xp developer : not try, Is it possible to control file input/output? 3. by using automation : not try, Is it possible to control file input/output? Which one is it better? And any other way to do this? Regards. ...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

changing the color of Word documents' names
When I look at my list of word documents, I would like to be able to change the color or in some other way highlight certain documents and files so that I may find them more easily. For instance, I might change the urgent documents to red and the reference documents to green. any idea how I do that? any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you. Windows Vista 64-bit, Microsoft office 2007. You can't do that. What you could do instead is create a more practical filing system. Create separate folders for urgent, reference, letters, memos or whatever and store the rele...

Error in Global Address Book after 60 days
Hi, i have a Exchange 2003 thats migrated from Exchange 2000, everything work fine, but after 60 days then something happend with the Global Address Book, i have a program called AgendaX (calender) thats read all users calender, but now after 60 days then there is a error thats tell me thats the users homeserver in the global address book is wrong, i can add new users and they work fine, but all old users are gone. Could there have been some deleted items in the address book that are gone after 60 days? is there any way to study each users entry in the global address book in detail? I c...

How do I make my words appear around a circle?
I would really like to create a circle shape of plain text. I DO NOT want to fill in a circle. I am hoping to create some verses on a card, with a smbol/picture in the middle. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Lisa Word Art can do this. In Publisher 2000 it's on the left tool bar as a red W and a blue A. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Lisamot" <Lisamot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8791306-6DED-454E-9819-BB351AEFC1A8@microsoft.com... >I would really like to create a circle shape of plain text. I DO NOT want >to > fill in a circle. I am hoping t...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

getplus (R) error message....help?
I keep getting a message saying getplus (R) has stopped working when I try to install things like flashplayer....how do I fix this...anyone know? Thanks! Go to Google and search getplus r error. There are some interesting fixes which have to do with removing Adobe Manager. I am not a cert. tech here but saw numerous fixes on Google. Good luck! -- born2golf ...

vProTray.exe Anti-Virus Software
Hi All, On our Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 - Windows 2003 Server, whenever we log off the server we get "End Program - VProTray.exe". If we turn off the Anti-virus software we don't get the "end program” However we would like to have the anti-virus turned on. Is there a setting I'm missing? I don't want to interfere (meaning break) with GP though. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_D4CFA85B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This issue is not related to Microsoft Dynamics GP and should not affect GP in anyway. I would contact the Ant...

Runtime error #9
When start up of outlook 2000, am receiving Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library pop-up. Runtime error...application requested runtime to terminate in an unusal way. Please contact application support team for more info. When I close messege box Outlook closes with it. Im getting the same message. but on top of that I am no longer able to view my personal folder with all my emails and contacts. I had to install a new folder and this is when i got these visual c++ messages. I tried using the inbox repair tool and that failed. WTF? Jason >-----Original Message----- >When s...

Error message #6
Anyone that can help. When I try to print I am getting this GPF message: EXCEL caused a general protection fault in module HPF9XDR0.DRV at 0002:0000b3f8. Registers: EAX=00000412 CS=2ce7 EIP=0000b3f8 EFLGS=00000202 EBX=00620be5 SS=3387 ESP=0000b8ce EBP=0000b8d8 ECX=00000be5 DS=5bef ESI=00000000 FS=339f EDX=00025cee ES=0000 EDI=0000177e GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 26 83 bc 1c 03 01 75 06 b8 01 00 e9 a6 00 26 c7 Stack dump: 177e0000 041e16df be34166f 2ce7707f 00000000 5cee0412 5cee030e 794e2027 5c0f177e 00000000 b9125c0f 016f0c3e 3387b90e 00055c0f 16ff017f 5d6f0000 That looks like an HP print...

Excel.exe is not a valid Win32 Application.
My system: Vista Business 32bit with SP1, Office 2007 Professional with SP1. For a while I was running Vista (without SP1) and using Office 2007 with SP1. Rarely any issues. Sometime after installing Vista SP1, I've been having odd issues with my Office installation, Excel especially. I don't know if it's its SP1 related, or if it's just something went wrong with the Office install. Here's the issue. I leave my PC on 24/7 and simply lock it when I leave the office. After several days, Excel will just stop working, completely. When I try to launch excel I get t...

Run Time Error 52
Recently, when our employees try to print labels a run time erorr 52 warning pops up and closes RMS manager. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to present a problem. This is a recent phenomenon and I'm wondering what may have caused it. Has anyone else encountered this error? Thank you for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01CABA0B.D98E51F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ScottM, Sounds like you don't have a correct path to your label ...

How can I edit an entry in the dictionary in WORD 2007?
I have some words added to the WORD 2007 dictionary that I need to edit [these are Mohawk words, so spelling is a bit arbitrary]. How can I edit or delete entries to the spelling dictionary? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "J Lightfoot" <JLightfoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF1D0297-BB68-445D-9910-4203C0B3B99E@microsoft.com... >I have some words added to the WORD 2007 dictionary that I need to edit > [t...

how to change word document to powerpoint with animation
how to change word documentto power point with animation Well! I can not really see how you would use Publisher. But you could cut and paste I suppose, but as Word wont have any animation I guess you will have to do that yourself. John G. "NyceT" <NyceT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37BD9F0-0DF9-46C1-8733-89F2074E046B@microsoft.com... > how to change word documentto power point with animation ...