When I close Word, I get encountered problem shut down box.

  • Follow

I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
"Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"

There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install disk
and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can I
do??
0
Reply Utf 2/22/2010 11:31:01 PM

If you view the error report contents, what is the ModName that
encountered the problem?

Nipchat wrote:
> I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
> "Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"
>
> There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install disk
> and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
> uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can I
> do??

0
Reply garfield 2/23/2010 2:04:04 AM

Is this a solution?

That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has
been running when updates are installed.

Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA
selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key when it
is restarted.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data

Symptoms of Data Key corruption include:

   •    The mouse does not work when you use Word.
   •    You cannot open a Word document from the Search window in Windows
Vista.
   •    You cannot open a Word document from Windows Desktop Search.
   •    Word crashes when you try to start or exit Word.
   •    Word crashes when you open the Open dialog box.
   •    Word crashes when you save a document.
   •    Word crashes when you close a document.

If you feel uncomfortable editing the registry yourself, Microsoft have a
fix that will do this for you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791 and press FixIt

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Nipchat" <Nipchat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
> "Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"
>
> There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install
> disk
> and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
> uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can
> do??

0
Reply Terry 2/23/2010 9:30:54 AM

(page loaded in 0.274 seconds)