When I close Word, I get encountered problem shut down box.

I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
"Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"

There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install disk
and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can I
do??

If you view the error report contents, what is the ModName that
encountered the problem?

Nipchat wrote:
> I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
> "Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"
>
> There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install disk
> and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
> uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can I
> do??

0
garfield
2/23/2010 2:04:04 AM
Is this a solution?

That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has
been running when updates are installed.

Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA
selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key when it
is restarted.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data

Symptoms of Data Key corruption include:

   •    The mouse does not work when you use Word.
   •    You cannot open a Word document from the Search window in Windows
Vista.
   •    You cannot open a Word document from Windows Desktop Search.
   •    Word crashes when you try to start or exit Word.
   •    Word crashes when you open the Open dialog box.
   •    Word crashes when you save a document.
   •    Word crashes when you close a document.

If you feel uncomfortable editing the registry yourself, Microsoft have a
fix that will do this for you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791 and press FixIt

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Nipchat" <Nipchat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Word 2003, XP op system.  When I close Word I get a error Box.
> "Word has encountered a problems and needs to close"
>
> There must be a bug somewhere.  I have run repair "office" from install
> disk
> and hard drive.  I have uninstalled Word and reinstalled.  And have
> uninstalled office and re-installed.  I can't get it to go away.  what can
> do??

0
Terry

Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?
Hey All, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some insight they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks, Croucho Pay some developers $100000 of dollars to come up with that excel addin. "Croucho" wrote: > Hey All, > > I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was > populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some > insight they wouldn't mind sharing? > > Thanks, > Croucho only if you know VBS and can ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://ukfullenjoy.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

printer problems with publisher
New computer and printer ( epson ) I'm working in publisher 2003 and I cant print. " printer not installed on the system". The printer does work in WORD and other applications. Thanks First step: Check the Epson website for an updated printer driver, even if you just bought the printer. It could have been on the store shelf for six months. -- Don Vancouver, USA "dcf" <dcf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC19DF35-B9B9-4806-9B8E-1ECEEDB8AEDE@microsoft.com... > New computer and printer ( epson ) > I'm working in publisher 2003 a...

Problems with MS Access reading dates as US, not British formats.
Hi Folks, I downloaded a database off the MSDN website (web address:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd327646.aspx). It calculates the number of working days and takes off any holidays which are stored in a separate table. It works fine, but the only problem is that when I enter dates in the holiday table, it reads it as the US format of m/d/yy instead of UK d/m/yy. I have set the regional settings to UK time/date so my dates in the Holidays table are displayed as UK, but I have to remember to enter the dates in US order, for the system to work. (I know this wil...

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

Changing more than one part of Word simultaneously
Hi, everyone. Got a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I have been given a form which is a Word Template and asked to add in functionality that would take the information entered in certain places and have it automatically duplicate in the header of each page. Apparently this was possible in winxp/office2003 but now in vista/office2007 these templates don't work as they should. The code that seems to create this effect seems to be xml but I have no experience with this and so am wondering if there's any way of producing this effect some other way - either...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

Mouse Problem
When I click on any cell inside Excel, the application thinks that i'm holding the mouse button and then it keeps dragging/highlighting every cell. Therefore I cannot do anything inside Excel until I close it and open it again. Crazy for an answer, André (apvg2001@yahoo.com.br). Try hitting F8 >-----Original Message----- >When I click on any cell inside Excel, the application=20 thinks that i'm=20 >holding the mouse button and then it keeps=20 dragging/highlighting every cell.=20 >Therefore I cannot do anything inside Excel until I close=20 it and open it=20 >...

Getting a 0x800CCC0F error?
Hi, I just reloaded windows on my new PC that I just built and I am getting a error with Outlook XP that I just do not understand. This the the error that I am receiving; Task 'mail.*********.com Webmaster - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?$?$??' The weird part is that I can send and receive e-mails I just keep on getting this message and I do not know why. Thanks for any help, ...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

How do I add a list of numbers in a colum that = a repeating word.
I am trying to add a list of numbers that the critera is a repeating word like monday in another colum. I know how to use lookup formula but this one has challenged me. Example of problem: Column1 Mon, Tue, Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed..... Column2 2 3 10 4 5 7 3 2 3 4 ..... Give the total sum on colum 2 where Column 1 = Monday. Please help. =SUMIF(Range2Query,"Mon",Range2Sum) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/...

CFileDialog: Multiselection problem
How can I increase the file buffer size for a CFileDialog in order to get as much multiple selected files as possible ? The following code runs into an assertion, I do not no why, is the nMaxFile too large?: If I omit fd.m_ofn.nMaxFile the program runs but only with a few number of multi selected files CFileDialog fd(TRUE,_T("bmp"),_T("*.bmp"), OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST|OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT|OFN_EXPLORER, _T("Windows Bitmap (*.bmp)|*.bmp|JPEG File (*.jpg)|*.jpg|")); fd.m_ofn.nMaxFile = 2048; if (fd.DoModal() == IDOK) { ... } Thank for all useful hin...

Excel Form and message box
Hi there, I'm running Excel 2000. I am just learning so please excuse my questions if they sound simple. To put this as simply as possible I have a spreadsheet of children's names. I've created a form that is activated by a control button. What I want to do is choose a child's name from the combo box and eventually delete that child from the spreadsheet. I have an "are you sure" type msgbox but cannot get the yes/no side of it functioning correctly. I've worked on this for hours and have just given up. This is my code so far: Private Sub cboRemChild_...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

How do I get the same contacts to show up on all of my computers.
In our office we have five computers that all have the same program, however when a new contact is entered some contacts you can access it from all the computers and some you can't, how can I make so that all of the information shows up on all of the computers? The program on all 5 computers is.................?? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:23:02 -0700, JLebron <JLebron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In our office we have five computers that all have the same program, however >when a new contact is entered some contacts you can access it from a...

custom views dialog box
Hi. What exactly is the point of the custom views dialog box (found under view menu). When I access it, there is nothing listed under 'view'. Is this supposed to be a list of all the worksheets? This is where you add your views (using the Add button). A view contains your current setup of hidden/unhidden rows/columns, filter settings, ... Once added and they are on the list for you to recall at a click. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Wessel" <Wessel@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:1B25C374-CC16-411D-9D50-7FA4CC6CE15D@microsoft.com... > Hi. What exact...

Exporting from Acces to Word
I keep track of my Client information in an access table which I would like to export to word. However, I only want to export the name of contact, name of company, address, and phone. I also only want to export these items to particular locations within the word document. For instance, I want to write a letter to "Contact A" of "Company A" at "Address A". So I need these items to be auto filled in at the appropriate spots with my letter. I also would only like to export one contact at a time since these letters would not be form letters. I have tried ...

Category Axis Area in Bar Chart Cuts Words Apart on Wordwrap
I have a bar chart in Excel 2000, and I need to fit a lot of Data into a small chart area. Currently, the data is being displayed properly, but the Category Axis Labels are being wordwrapped and when this happens, it just cuts a word in half. For instance, one label is 'Professional' and it gets displayed as the following: 'Professio' 'nal' Any suggestions at how to control this so that it doesn't happen would be much appreciated. Thanks. Viper To help control where the labels break, you can add line breaks in the label cells on the worksheet. For exam...

Help. I just saved a Word document and I need to cancel it.How?
I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a download file to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel this document in Word? On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:25:01 -0800, LearningtouseWord <LearningtouseWord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a >download file >to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel this >document in Word? There is no such thing as "canceling" a Word document. Use the "My Computer...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

VLOOKUP problem #2
All, I tried to used the vlookup function. The lookup value is from the list. It was ok for the first lookup. But for the second line, the value given was wrong, it gave me the highest number in the lookup table. The file is attached. Could anybody help me to solve this problem? Thanks and Regards, Ikhsan Nugraha Indonesia Hi, can't see the attachment but... have you fixed the reference cells in the vlookup formula, using the $ symbol? =vlookup(A1,$B$1.$C$100,2,0) if these weren't fixed and you copied the vlookup formula to other cells it wouldn't work for you. Anternat...

I got a problem that is driving me nuts
Hi, This is my first time posting and I hope someone can help me. Every week I get about 20,000 lines of data that come to me in an excel sheet from a vendor that we do a lot of business with. The problem that I have is with their invoice numbers. Their invoice numbers are 9 digits long and should look like this: 1-234-56789 My issue is that they come to me on the sheet like this: 123456789 I need to have the dashes in the so I can enter them properly into our computer system. I have no problem concatenating them but I do have an issue either the second or fifth number is a zero. Ex...

How to get report to only show <85%
I have a report that is based on a query. This report takes the information I've entered and uses a calculation to total an employee's total efficiency for the job they perform. On this report I am only wanting to see people who have less than 85% efficiency. How would I get my report to perform this task? This is the formula in the control source for my Total Efficiency text box: =(([Quantity]*(Round([Hour Unit],3)))*7.5)/(([On Std Hours]+[Off Std Hours])* [Employee Data_Rate]) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-re...