This file cannot be previewed because of an error

  • Follow

When I go to open a file in Word 2007, I cannot preview any Word document in
the preview pane. The error is: "This file cannot be previewed because of an
error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer". This function will work if I
start Word with the /a switch (winword /a). I ran diagnostics and all was
fine. This is a clean install on Windows 7 and Office 2007. I am seeing some
issues out there but no definite fixes. I have only a PDF as an add-in and
disabling it does no good.

Microsoft...what's the deal??

David
0
Reply Utf 5/7/2010 7:41:01 PM

It's broken in Word 2007 and has never been fixed. It's been fixed in W2010
though.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

> When I go to open a file in Word 2007, I cannot preview any Word document
> in
> the preview pane. The error is: "This file cannot be previewed because of
> an
> error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer". This function will work if
> start Word with the /a switch (winword /a). I ran diagnostics and all was
> fine. This is a clean install on Windows 7 and Office 2007. I am seeing
> some
> issues out there but no definite fixes. I have only a PDF as an add-in and
> disabling it does no good.
>
> Microsoft...what's the deal??
>
> David

0