File permission error when saving 2007 word doc in 2003 format

When saving a 2007 word doc in 2003 format, I receive a save error message -
file permission error. Then the word doc fails to save. This happens even if
I have saved the doc before.

"Smurfie" wrote:

> When saving a 2007 word doc in 2003 format, I receive a save error message -
> file permission error. Then the word doc fails to save. This happens even if
> I have saved the doc before.

I have a user with same problem, will be looking at it today.

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

excel 2000 336 error
I am running Excel 2000 on a windows 2000 machine that's on a network. All the other machies on the network access this Visual Basic file but when I try I get a 336 error stating that the "Microsoft Visual Basic component not correctly registered". Clicking the "Help" button revelas that the "ActiveX component has not been properly registered in the system registry" I've tried "repairing" the installation, "reinstalling" through the setup procedure without uninstalling and finally an uninstall and reinstall of Office 2000 but s...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Conditional Formating #2
Hi, I want to format cells with specific colours. It appears that I'm limited to 3 format options. What I want to do is: if the cell contains: 1, S, SP, W, they are a green colour; SK, is another colour; and C, is yet another. I tried to put, if equal to : "1", "S", "SP", "W" to no avail... can I even do more than 3?. Regards, Kevin P.S. I tried to find the answer, maybe I'm not asking the question correctly? Thanks again. Hi Kevin, =OR(A1=1,A1="S",A1="SP", A1="W") Additional informatio...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Copy and Paste text to Word
I have a large spreadsheet of data. There are no values or formulas. I need to cut and past this into word in a way that shows the paste only as text - normally it has an outline of the cells. Reason is that I need to save this as a .txt file for an upload to another system. Thanks in advance (again) > way that shows the paste only as text In Word, try: Edit > Paste special > Unformatted Text -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "AndrewS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >I have a large spr...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

Error when i split a database
I created and split a database. When i did this it caused the bitmap i was using as the background to be distorted. When I open the particular form the top of the graphic appears but when it gets to the tabbed section on the form it turns white and then reappears after the tabbed section. Before I split the database it appeared as one solid graphic. I've tried changing the graphic around but the same problem occurs. Anyone have any idea on a solution? You do have a copy of the complete mdb right? Try splitting it again but this time remove the graphic from the form and try placing...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Cursor appearance while typing in Outlook 2007
While typing in outlook 2007, the cursor will disappear most of the time and blinks on every few letters. (I'm not talking about automatically hiding the mouse cursor/pointer while tying, which is available in the Mouse visibility options). I mean the text cursor. This behavior also appears using the print view in Word 2007 (in the draft view the cursor is visible while typing). Most other applications including MS apps (and office 2003) do not behave this way. The most obvious way to show the behavior is to hold the space bar while typing an email in outlook 2007. ...

Outlook error #35
"an extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat" Try deleting or renaming the extend.dat file. Outlook will just recreate it and that should fix the problem. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1bd7e01c420f7$ddff6610$a101280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > "an extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: > extend.dat" ...

Error propagation
How can I found the error value of a and b (from the tendence line y=ax+b) obtained when I plot some data? Mauro: You can calculate the errors with Excel's LINEST function. This post gives an overview of six Excel regression tools. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Excel's help menu has a very good discussion of the LINEST function. Kelly O'Day "Mauro" <Mauro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:641912F2-02F8-4227-84A3-8BCFB53E7340@microsoft.com... > How can I found the error value of a and b (from the tendence lin...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

IMF w/ SBS 2003
Hi all, I would like to know if IMF works w/ SBS. I saw somebody said it does, but I can't get it to work on my system. Also I found this webcast http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=% 2Fservicedesks%2Fwebcasts%2Fen%2Ftranscripts% 2Fwct051104.asp and it makes me think it won't work. Has anybody gotten it to work? Thanks, Scott I installed it this past week end and haven't notice any problems. Shadow I have installed it last week. I have yet to see a spam filter that works as good. "Scott Kostakos" <vendors@onlysolutions.org> wrote in message ne...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

C++ OLE automation
Hi, ive done a small program using OLE automation but I still don't know how to put borders on some cells This is the MACRO code, but I need to translate it to something the VC+ +/OLE2 can understand, but I have no clue on how to do that. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' Range("B10:I50").Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .ColorIndex = 0 .TintAndShade = 0 .Weight = xlThin En...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...