Active Directory Domain Service Unavailable. What does this mean?

Follow
Email
I am using Windows 7 on a brand new Sony Vaio laptop.  I am trying to print
with my Dell V305 bluetooth enabled printer.  Bought bluetooth "adapter"
which plugs into USB port since laptop was not bluetooth enabled.  When I
click on "Find Printer" it gives me an error message saying, "Active
Directory Domain Services Unavailable".  I'm not sure what this means or what
to do about it.  All I really want to do is find the printer.  Can someone
help?
18
Reply Utf 12/17/2009 3:29:03 PM

Are you printing from Word? Word must see a locally installed, compatible
printer driver set as the Windows Default printer. My guess is that the
message is erroneous and that the printer setup you are using is
incompatible.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Shiloh" <Shiloh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 on a brand new Sony Vaio laptop.  I am trying to
> print
> with my Dell V305 bluetooth enabled printer.  Bought bluetooth "adapter"
> which plugs into USB port since laptop was not bluetooth enabled.  When I
> click on "Find Printer" it gives me an error message saying, "Active
> Directory Domain Services Unavailable".  I'm not sure what this means or
> what
> to do about it.  All I really want to do is find the printer.  Can someone
> help?

16
Reply Terry 12/17/2009 5:23:13 PM
I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The other
15
Reply Bill 1/5/2010 2:11:46 PM
As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on the
laptop.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
> been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when
> I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
> currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to
> fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
> other
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t

1
Reply Doug 1/5/2010 10:23:00 PM
I have the same problem, with a slightly different message in XP, after
having used the printer before, and a search of the Mighty MS doesn't even
come up with the error message except here.

Clearly it is a network issue and why anyone wants to advertise
"professional services" when that is all they  have to say, I don't know.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
> somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on the
> laptop.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> > I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
> > been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when
> > I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
> > currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to
> > fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
> > other
> >
> > ---
> > frmsrcurl:
> > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 1/18/2010 7:20:01 PM
So what is the error message that you are receiving?  Are you also trying to
use a wireless connection to a printer?  Was the printer used before on that
computer with the same type of connection?

It is quite easy on some laptops to inadvertently turn off either BlueTooth
or Wireless, so the suggestion to the previous poster that it might be
turned off is not at all unreasonable.

I am not advertising professional services.  Rather, requesting that
way, neither I, nor the majority of the persons who provide assistance in
these newsgroups, work for Microsoft.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Elind" <Elind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem, with a slightly different message in XP, after
> having used the printer before, and a search of the Mighty MS doesn't even
> come up with the error message except here.
>
> Clearly it is a network issue and why anyone wants to advertise
> "professional services" when that is all they  have to say, I don't know.
>

> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
>> somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on
>> the
>> laptop.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>> on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>> > I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
>> > been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday
>> > when
>> > I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
>> > currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do
>> > fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
>> > other
>> >
>> > ---
>> > frmsrcurl:
>> > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t
>>
>> .

0
Reply Doug 1/19/2010 2:01:09 AM
I agree. Your advice sucks. To disregard a legitimate question and/or
message as erroneous is a clear indication of your lack of knowledge.
Thanks for no help.

If anyone else other than the previous posters would like to reply, I
recently used a wireless card on my laptop. Now I cannot print from
Word, with the same wireless printer I had used previous to the card.
Thanks
5
Reply hks1102 1/26/2010 2:38:47 PM
I think you misunderstood the use of the word 'erroneous'. I was not
accusing the poster or anyone else of being erroneous rather I was saying
that the error message was erroneous: the failure to print has nothing to do
with ADDS not being available. The problem is with the wireless printer
driver. It has been reported with both Brother and HP wireless printers.

Try uninstalling (deleting) the printer, making sure that you have the
latest driver and then reinstall following the vendor's instructions.

Terry Farrell

"hks1102" <hollisims@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I agree. Your advice sucks. To disregard a legitimate question and/or
> message as erroneous is a clear indication of your lack of knowledge.
> Thanks for no help.
>
> If anyone else other than the previous posters would like to reply, I
> recently used a wireless card on my laptop. Now I cannot print from
> Word, with the same wireless printer I had used previous to the card.
> Thanks

-5
Reply Terry 1/26/2010 4:45:29 PM
Follow
Email

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Issue with Windows 2008 Joining Windows 2003 Domain
Greetings, I have an Active Directory domain with two Windows Server 2003 32-bit machines as the domain contrallers (DC's). Right now, I'd like to order a new Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine to join to this domain as a third DC. Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with Win2003 and Win2008? Is there any known issue with domain controllers mixed with 32-bit and 64-bit? Do I need to do some preparation for the mixed environment? Any info would be appreciated, Ross Howdie! Ross schrieb: > Is there any known issue with domain controll...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Can't send email to certain domains.....
Since last week, I am unable to send emails to certain domains. So far, I know I can't send email to Yahoo, AOL, and Cisco. I can howver send emails to gmail, hotmail, and certain other domains. I am at a lost with this. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a WIN2K Server. I had this problem, and i believe the problem had something to do with packet size on my Pix Firewall. I just started having the same problem again though... If you use a pix firewall, then run a search on that.. "Roger Settle" wrote: > Since last week, I am unable to send emails to certain domains. S...

Web Service changes return type
I've a web service which has been running for some time. The web service retrieves order batches from a database so has quite a deep class structure. The class structure is based on an xsd which generates teh c# classes which get filled by the database which then get pushed down the wire by the web server. Standard stuff. The problem is that the web service client sometimes decides to change the type that is returned. So the Order is of type (go on, guess - yes) 'Order' and it sits in an OrderBatchType. The Web service is specced to return an Order object. However, the ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Merchant Services #3
One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software platform we are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009. Of course he asked if we use an installed software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments. I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the POS. In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC software. Am I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of the three he listed? Thanks- -- JWray Sawtooth Technology As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an addin for each of the three you ...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory
Hi! I have read the old post but it doesnt helpful so please help me to solve the following problem. Error 25 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory d:\Projects\DRM\DRMClientEx\HttpManager.cpp 6 Error 12 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory d:\Projects\DRM\DRMClientEx\RegistryManager.cpp 2 I have created one project DRMClient project.(original) Now second time I have create the copy of the project in the same solution.(DRMClientEx- working copy).After all the setting in project prope...

What is the meaning of this table name in oledb consumer wizard
Hello friends i am working with database and using "oledb consumer wizard"( provider for sqlserver )for connction with database....But i have a gr8 confusion here... My table name is "T_Quote"(in .adp)but when i see table name in consumer wizard it is "db.T_Quote" Can anybody help me to clear me why it is like this way.... ...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

Cannot add users in CRM from a trusted domain - (80072030)
Hi, I'm looking for some assistance. I'm having problems adding users from a trusted domain into CRM 3.0 as users. I'm currently about to migrate CRM3.0 from an old domain to a new domain, however, there is an immediate need to allow users on the new domain to access CRM while it's on the old domain. There is a trust between the domains, I have full WINS and DNS resolution between the domains, and dcdiag, and netdiag are clean. When I try to create a user within the CRM application, after I type in their username "NEWDOMAIN\username" the rest of the form poula...