change the way Windows task bar/ start menu is displayed

My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How do I
display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.

"optionguy" <optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How
> do I
> display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.

Right-click in a blank part of the middle of the Taskbar...this will
bring up a context menu.
In the menu that pops up, if there is a check-mark next to Lock The
Taskbar, click it to remove the check-mark.

Now put your mouse pointer in a blank area of the Taskbar, click and
hold the left (primary) mouse button, and move the mouse pointer toward
the bottom of the screen, till the Taskbar "snaps" to the new position,
then release the mouse button.

Then go right-click in the Taskbar again, and put a check in the box to
Lock the Taskbar, so it won't move again.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
3/9/2010 4:40:51 PM
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:09:02 -0800, optionguy
<optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How do I
> display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
3/9/2010 8:22:30 PM
Thanks for your help.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:09:02 -0800, optionguy
> <optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How do I
> > display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.
>

> Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
> it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
> side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
> where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
> clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.
>
> If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
> and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.
>
> By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
> on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
> use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
> .

Thanks for your help.

"glee" wrote:

> "optionguy" <optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How
> > do I
> > display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.
>
> Right-click in a blank part of the middle of the Taskbar...this will
> bring up a context menu.
> In the menu that pops up, if there is a check-mark next to Lock The
> Taskbar, click it to remove the check-mark.
>
> Now put your mouse pointer in a blank area of the Taskbar, click and
> hold the left (primary) mouse button, and move the mouse pointer toward
> the bottom of the screen, till the Taskbar "snaps" to the new position,
> then release the mouse button.
>
> Then go right-click in the Taskbar again, and put a check in the box to
> Lock the Taskbar, so it won't move again.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+
> http://dts-l.net/
>
> .

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:55:01 -0800, optionguy
<optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

> "Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:09:02 -0800, optionguy
> > <optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen. How do I
> > > display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.
> >

> > Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
> > it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
> > side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
> > where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
> > clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.
> >
> > If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
> > and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.
> >
> > By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
> > on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
> > use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup
> > .

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
3/10/2010 2:02:09 AM
YW...hope it's straightened out now!
--

> Thanks for your help.
>
> "glee" wrote:
>
>> "optionguy" <optionguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My windows task bar/start menu is vertical on left side of screen.
>> > How
>> > do I
>> > display it horizonally at bottom of screen? Thanks.
>>
>> Right-click in a blank part of the middle of the Taskbar...this will
>> bring up a context menu.
>> In the menu that pops up, if there is a check-mark next to Lock The
>> Taskbar, click it to remove the check-mark.
>>
>> Now put your mouse pointer in a blank area of the Taskbar, click and
>> hold the left (primary) mouse button, and move the mouse pointer
>> toward
>> the bottom of the screen, till the Taskbar "snaps" to the new
>> position,
>> then release the mouse button.
>>
>> Then go right-click in the Taskbar again, and put a check in the box
>> Lock the Taskbar, so it won't move again.
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
>> A+
>> http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> .

0
glee

Correct way for getting a DIB from DDB
Hi to all of you, I'm little confused about something regarding the usage of a DIB and the word alignment. I have a CBitmap ( DDB ) already initialized and I want to create from that a DIB. Here's the code: /----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ CClientDC dc(this); CDC memdc; memdc.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap Bmp; Bmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc,width, height); CBitmap* old=(CBitmap*)memdc.SelectObject(&Bmp); BYTE *pbuf; BITMAPINFO bitInfo; bitInfo.bmiHeader.biSize=sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER); bitInfo.bmiHeader....

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

Is there a way to get the list command on the data toolbar?
I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. Thanks You need to use xl2003. That means you need to buy the newer version (or explain it to the instructor). Maybe he or she will let you slide on this section. cbuskirk20 wrote: > > I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I > have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Requisition Manager Fianl Approval to appear in Window
When entering a requisition in Business Portal/Requisition Manager, the user wishes to select " Final Approve", however this button does not appear in the window without scrolling down. The button "Submit" is however visible. It would be betterif the 2 buttons could be next to one another and visible without scrolling. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Custom Command Bars
I've figured out a way to add custom commands to the ROWS or CELLS commandbars, but I only seem to be able to add one. Can someone help me figure out how to add multiple custom commands to one of those command bars? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, Copie this in a general module It's working in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 '----------------------------- Sub test() Dim MBar As CommandBar Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Column") 'OR 'Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Row") With MBar With .Controls.Add .BeginGroup...

simple bar graph not working correctly
Trying to create a simple bar graph which i have done a thousand times.For some reason excel is seeing the first two cells in my row as the series. eg a2 contains the word express orders. B2 contains 137 When i attempt to graph it, the series in the chart wizard is Express orders 137. instead of just express orders. For some reason it is taking that first value with it. Any ideas whats causing this? ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

enterprise custom field for overdue tasks
I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some trouble. I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new Task > Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [% Complete]<100,"red","green"). Now I would expect it to populate that field with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria. Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green stoplights. However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the new field to a ...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Sub Menu in CTreeCtrl
Hi, are there any examples that add a sub menu showing when the user right clicks the tree item? thanks again. You could catch the WM_RBUTTONUP message and call following function: { CMenu menu; menu.CreatePopupMenu(); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,1,"String 1"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,2,"String 2"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,3,"String 3"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,4,"String 4"); CPoint pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); int ret = menu.TrackPopupMenu(TPM_NONOTIFY | TPM_RETURNCMD,pt.x,pt.y,this); switch(ret) { ...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...