Windows Explorer: How to get it to expand like I want?

WinXP Pro SP3

When in Windows Explorer, I expand a folders branch using the + sign
next to the folders name in the Folders pane. Then I do this to
another folders branch using the same technique. I want them both to
remain expanded, but when I click on one of the folders in the branch,
the other branch closes. I want them both to remain open while I
inspect the contents of one of the branch's folders.

Is there a way to make it do what I want?

TIA
0
Mel

Question is what caused this to change? What you ask for is normal
behavior. Perhaps you can System Restore to time before it broke?

Mel wrote:
> WinXP Pro SP3
>
> When in Windows Explorer, I expand a folders branch using the + sign
> next to the folders name in the Folders pane. Then I do this to
> another folders branch using the same technique. I want them both to
> remain expanded, but when I click on one of the folders in the branch,
> the other branch closes. I want them both to remain open while I
> inspect the contents of one of the branch's folders.
>
> Is there a way to make it do what I want?
>
> TIA

0
Bob

when I log off my PC I get this OE error
Hi, I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook Express folder sync. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. thanks nobody wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I shut down my PC for the > night I get a "end task" dialog and the title says something about Outlook > Express folder sync. > > Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue. > > thanks > > If you have your anti vi...

How do I draw chart like car counter?
Dear I would like to draw a chart in Excel like speed car counter. Please give me your advice to reach this point. Thanks in advance. Ezzat Hi, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/excerpt/excelhacks_chap05/index.html http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx Cheers Andy ezzat wrote: > Dear > > I would like to draw a chart in Excel like speed car counter. > > Please give me your advice to reach this point. > > Thanks in advance. > > Ezzat > > ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Messages Getting Stuck In OUTBOX
I have a problem with OUTLOOK 2003 (WX Pro - SP) that is driving my friends nuts. sometimes when I have an outgoing message with an attachment on it, the message gets stuck in the OUTBOX and goes out repeatedly every time I send another message, thus causing multiple deliveries of the hung up message. It's been going on for some time and to resolve it I have to go in and manually delete the hung up message. I'd sue love to fix it! Do you have AV or firewall that scans incoming/outgoing email? If yes, disable it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

Windows Vista

open windows

Click on static control and get caption
I have an lot of static controls in my dialog, and I would like to get the caption of a control clicked. So I decide to handle just one ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_STATIC_V2, OnStaticV1) for all static controls how can I get the caption at OnStaticV1 method I try to use: ( (CStatic *)GetDlgItem( (GetFocus()->GetDlgCtrlID ()) ) )->GetWindowText(str1); but it only works for the first static contol, if I click on a second control I get the same caption of the first one, GetFocus() wont work! do you know another way to get CtrlID of control's clicked ? I also try PreTranslateMessage b...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Get Latest Mobile In Cheapest Rs.. With 50% discount
Get Latest Mobile In Cheapest Rs.. With 50% discount Well If you are A mobile Lover Let's Have a Mobile ''Japanese Mobile Phones'' 'Mobile Affiliate Program'' ''Venture Capital Directory'' '' pcmonde '' '' Bluetooth Marketing'' ''Going Thin Up Top?'' ''J2ME BTree Data Storage'' ''Phone Cell'' '' Telecom network experts'' Just Visit this site and click On your intresting category and get Many More,, Visit :- http://latstmobile.blogspot.com/ ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...