Windows Explorer: How to get it to expand like I want?

  • Follow

WinXP Pro SP3

When in Windows Explorer, I expand a folders branch using the + sign
next to the folders name in the Folders pane. Then I do this to
another folders branch using the same technique. I want them both to
remain expanded, but when I click on one of the folders in the branch,
the other branch closes. I want them both to remain open while I
inspect the contents of one of the branch's folders.

Is there a way to make it do what I want?

TIA
0
Reply Mel 7/15/2010 10:11:35 AM

Question is what caused this to change? What you ask for is normal
behavior. Perhaps you can System Restore to time before it broke?

Mel wrote:
> WinXP Pro SP3
>
> When in Windows Explorer, I expand a folders branch using the + sign
> next to the folders name in the Folders pane. Then I do this to
> another folders branch using the same technique. I want them both to
> remain expanded, but when I click on one of the folders in the branch,
> the other branch closes. I want them both to remain open while I
> inspect the contents of one of the branch's folders.
>
> Is there a way to make it do what I want?
>
> TIA

0
Reply Bob 7/15/2010 12:17:49 PM

(page loaded in 0.034 seconds)