Sound volume set to zero after each reboot

The last few days my main volume is always set to  minimum (zero) when the
computer is rebooted.  I can change the setting, reboot and it is back to
zero.  How can I return to the former behavior where reboots did not change
the current setting?

Many thanks!
0
NoSpam

Settings.settings file with settings for multiple regions

Thumping sound in XP after I click someting
Ok I built an home theater PC (HTPC) with Windows XP and had all the latest updates. To make a long story short, my projector blew a bulb and it took about 6+ months to replace it. During that down time, I didn't turn the PC on. I was able to finally buy a bulb, and start the PC up again. Now, whenever I initiate an activity with a mouse, and the activity happens, I get a thump, where a ding is supposed to sound. For example, if I click the Back button in IE and it goes to the previous page, I get a thump. If I click Ok on a dialog box, I get a thump; if I double-click on ...

Set Focus
I am using the Worksheet_SelectionChanged event to show a ComboBox on the selected cell so the user could select an item from the list, note that using datan validation didn't work because the worksheet zoom factor is 60%. Everything works fine except that when the combobox is shown the user could select either the box or cell, depending on how he clicks on the box. Is there a way of setting the focus onto the box? Also, is it possible to call a function on the sheet object from the thisworkbook, and how? This worked for me when I selected A1: Option Explicit Private Sub Wo...

How do I set up a sales chart in cone format?
I envision wide at the top and smaller at the bottom with stages on the y axis. I can do it with a floating bar chart but then you have to adjust the axis for any change. Any suggestions would be great. have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html. you might get some idea from there -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Ryan" wrote: > I envision wide at the top and smaller at the bottom with stages on the y > axis. I can ...

Trouble setting up CRM
Hi All, I am having a problem while running the hosted CRM infrastructure. I am following the "All-in-one" configuration as per the CRM deployment guide. When assigning the roles to a user using MPS sample CP, I am getting the error "user id is invalid" on the page and the roles are not getting listed. On tracing further, I found that the provtest for GetRoles.xml itself is failing with the same error. The web service address in GetRoles.xml is correct and accessible from the MPS01. Many Thanks, Yogesh ...

Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.
I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV file. But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across various cells. Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV files in the correct format? Hi try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV >file. >But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across >various cells. >Is there any specific setting that should ...

Microsoft Outlook Won't Open
Hi, Microsoft Outlook will not open. I have used the repair option from the Office 2000 disk. I have also uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled without any resolution. Once the icon for Microsoft Outlook is clicked, the program will open to the box that tells what program and who it is registered to, but then I must reboot the computer to do any other functions. I receive no error messages from Outlook as to what the problem might be. Thank you for any recommendations. ...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Sound card / sound devices not recognized
I recently re-installed XP SP3 after a virus attack and now my machine is not recognizing my headphones nor my plug and play speakers (both of these work on other machines). My machine is a Gateway, built 12/2003, P4, Windows Media Player 9. My best guess is that it is a sound card issue. I don’t know whether the card is on the motherboard or separate: I haven’t ID’ed the type of sound card yet. I ran a program called Everest that lists all the components, but under the motherboard I did not recognize anything that looked like a sound card. I have made sure the speakers are...

can't set the font type
Who can help me ? 1, I set the font in ARIAL for sending email . But when it's received by other people , it showed in Times New roman . I was so crazy and don't how to do and waiting for favor . 2, when setting the signature , can't set the font and size 3, the contact person can't be completed automatically . Above troubles , I wonder that it's caused by my wrong setting or nature imperfection by WINDOW MAILS . Very disappointed about this . Make sure you are not using stationery that dictates the font in the = BODY tag. Also, the fonts can only be s...

Office XP Sounds
I'm having a problem with the Office XP Sounds add-on, available for download at Microsoft's Web site. I've tried installing them a few times, but only 20% of them really work--the rest of the time it's like they don't even exist. I know this because they were working just fine a couple weeks ago, but then I decided to reformat my hard drive and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them all back. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA! -- Kyle W. ...

low voice recording volume with Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card
Hi all, Here a while back I build a new computer and installed a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. The Asus P5Q PRO TURBO motherboard I put in it had integrated sound but would not do what I needed. Now, I'm having problems with the microphone not having enough volume to properly record voice. For some reason when I go into Sounds and Audio Device Properties, Voice and Test Hardware the mic volume yield is very low unless I put a boost under Record Control, Advanced. After I do another Test Hardware everything working properly but when I try anything that uses analog...

run time caption settings for dialog box
Hi in runtim how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC app regards ttk CButton* pButton = (CButton*)GetDlgItem( IDC_MYBUTTON ); pButton->SetWindowText("hmmm....") "ttk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FFE7EE-E7AD-4519-8BF0-1D1B274C0597@microsoft.com... > Hi, > in runtime > how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC appn > regards, > ttk Except you should avoid GetDlgItem entirely. Create a member control variable using ClassWizard, and just call SetWindowTex...

Set minimum values for equation results
Hi all, I've been searching the queries here and can't find an answer to what I'm hoping is a simple query . . . I want my equation to ensure that any minus values are returned as 0 but positive values should remain true. THis needs to be within the original equation as opposed to a separate equation doing a find and replace. Appreciate any answers (preferably by e-mail!). Jim. Try using IF(), for example: Put in C1: =IF((A1-B1)<0,0,A1-B1) which will return 0 if (A1-B1) results in a minus value with zero & positive values remaining true Hope the above helps. M...

Error faced::Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another progra
i can hear all system sounds an even hear tst sound in Realteck HD Audio Manager bt no other sound plays as in no music file an no online music.... if i open music file in windows media plyer 9 the eroor comes: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly. THERE is no ques mrk on ny sound,vedio and game controllers device..in device manager...bt yellow ques mrk an exclamation mrk on MODEM DEVICE O...

Sound recorder in Publisher
Hi I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this the sound icon does not appear even if I tick the display as Icon box. If I click on Change Icon, I can select a different one and it works, but I just want to the sound recorder icon. This works in Word so not sure why is does not in publisher? Thanks Shirl -- shirl shirl wrote: > I want to record a voice in Publisher using the sound recorder. I can > do this by Insert object and selecting Wave Sound, but when I do this > the soun...

setting default save directory for attachments
How do I set the default Save directory to My DOCS as opposed to OLKB5 under Temp Internet FIles? This only occurs while trying to save an opened (unsaved) attachment received in Email. Thanks! ...

Journal Settings Won't Stick
Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to turn on journaling for the items in the "Also record files from:" entry. The user can turn on the setting and it will work with in that session but once Outlook is closed and reopened the checkboxes are cleared and journaling for these items stops working. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? TIA -- Rob Anyone have any ideas on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob > Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to >...

Outlook Security Settings #2
I am trying to use Outlook security settings. I have installed the settings precisely as described on the MS site and the settings work perfectly for me and one or two others but not for the rest of my defined group. We are using Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. I cannot find any debugging or logging info anywhere and am a little stuck as to what to do next. Can anyone offer any ideas??? jON ...

how do i find the volume of a 100'*30'*1' footing in cubic yards?
how do i find the volume of a 100'*30'*1' footing in cubic yards? Calculate the volume in cubic feet (LxWxD) and then divide by 27 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "tomtom" <tomtom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C176F69-DD39-456A-AB3F-CBE82F037142@microsoft.com... > how do i find the volume of a 100'*30'*1' footing in cubic yards? Here's a much more difficult way: =CONVERT(CONVERT(CONVERT(100*30*1,"ft","yd"),"ft","yd"),"ft","yd") -- ** John C ** "tomtom" wr...

How to set macro to run every 15 minutes?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set macro to run every 15 minutes? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric See: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/run-macro-on-time.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A6F8B2-6FB6-4E02-87F9-4F8D08626223@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set macro to run every 15 > minutes? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Stolen from a very nearby universe, er, answer to a question, and modified to prot...

Changing Calendar Alarm Sound
Recently, a hard drive failure forced reinstalling Office, including Outlook. Previusly, I had set up Outlook to use a custom sound for alerting me to calendar events by simply renaming my custom sound to the default sound name - I've foprgotten what that is. When I reinstalled Office, it seemed that both the mail notification and the calendar alert default sounds were the same. This isn't convenient. How can I set them up to be different, and in fact, to use my custom sound as my appointment alert? Thanks Optiker You can set a WAV here: Tools menu > Options > Other > ...

Set report criteria in code?
Is it possible to set a reports criteria in code? I am trying to use Stephen Lebans report-to-pdf tool, which uses the report as a parameter. I need to specify a criteria for the report, like I do when I open the report for printing: DoCmd.OpenReport strReportName, acViewNormal, , strReportParam I don't see how to set report criteria in the report-to-pdf tool, but if I can set the criteria before I use the tool, that should work. Thanks in advance for any help. Fred I haven't used Stephens solution but you can always use a little DAO code to dynamically change...

Sound
I would like to have a sound play on a message I sent to someone. ...

How do I set up Outlook 2007?
I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard never finishes installing the software and I have to start over again. I do not know very much about computer software or computers in general. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. pcrup wrote: > I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes > up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard > never finishes installing the software and I have to start over a...