Reboot Validator

I'm running XP Pro, SP3.

Attempting to install a program from Nero.

Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.

During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator' which
it does not seem to be able to do.

What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.

Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says its
an MS problem.
Thank you,
B. Parker

Never heard of it but Nero Support should know about it: Reboot Validator
appears to be a Nero component; cf.

B. Parker wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro, SP3.
> Attempting to install a program from Nero.
> Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.
> During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator'
> which
> it does not seem to be able to do.
> What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.
> Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says
> its
> an MS problem.

Validating Resx files ?
hi all, I need to validate, via code, some resx files. I thought I could do something like this: bool IsValidateResx(string input) { XmlTextReader tr = new XmlTextReader(input); XmlValidatingReader reader = new XmlValidatingReader(tr); try { while (reader.Read()) ; return true; } catch (XmlSchemaException exception) { SetStatus(string.Format("xml doc invalid : {0}", exception.Message), MessageSeverity.Error); return false; } } Unfortunatley it fails when validating pefectly good resxs with the XmlSchemaException ex...

Data Validation on Numbers
How do I restraint the user from entering odd numbers in the cell, that means only allow even numbers but these even numbers must be in multiples of 5? Example : 10,20,30,40................ Thank you. Regards, Ringo Tan Ringo Tan One way: Choose "Custom" (or similar) in the validation box and enter this formula =(A1>0)*(MOD(A1,10)=0) if negative numbers are also allowed, use =(A1<>0)*(MOD(A1,10)=0) if both negative numbers and zero are allowed: =MOD(A1,10)=0 -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "ringo tan" <ringotan@di...

Outllook 2003 does not start up again unless PC reboots
Hi, My oulook works fine, unless I close the application. Then when I try to open it agin, I can not. In order to start the application again, I must reboot the computer. It works fine until I turn it off again, and then I have to start the cycle over. Please help! I am running XP professional and have all the latest updates. Same with Office 2003 Professional; it has all the updates. Bruno Using Task Manager, do you see outlook.exe process still running after you close Outlook? Killing that process should allow you to reopen Outlook. What programs do you have installed that ...

Using validation to make data appear or not
I have an array of cells that all rely on a "Y" or "N" value in another cell, and an IF statement to either make the data appear or not appear. It works fine, except that when the data appears and fill, the borders pop up fine. Some of them, however refuse to disappear the same way the data does, yet others do just fine. This includes cell color formatting, which I am able to make stay or go. I just seem to have a problem with some cell retaining persistent border, which go away completely if I remove them, but that isn't what I want. I want them to beh...

Data Validation #58
Does anyone know how to modify a data validation pop up box font and background color? conditional formatting or vba? "ChrisF" wrote: > Does anyone know how to modify a data validation pop up box font and > background color? The data validation input message appearance is controlled by your Tooltip settings. To change the font type or colour, or background colour: (Instructions for Windows XP) Note: this will also affect ToolTips and Comments Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Toolti...

Computer reboot
I am having trouble with money 2001. After it runs for about 20 minutes, the PC begins to spontaneously reboot, and gets worse as time goes on. If I let the PC sit idle for a while, I can get another 20 minutes out of the program. This is the only program causing this. Cool! What operating system? (I'm betting Win95/98/ME...) Has it always done this or did it just start? If the latter, what recently changed? What happens if you open the Sample.MNY sample data file and just let it sit there for 20 minutes? "smcphee" <> wrote in message n...

how to select out the valid cases without missing data, using listwise deletion
Hello, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. I have 2232 cases. 232 cases have missing data. So, I would like to use listwise deletion to remove the 232 cases from further analysis. That is, I want to get (create) a data file with only cases having complete data, i.e., valid 2000 cases. Might anyone please kindly tell me how to do it in SPSS or EXCEL? How to get a file with only valid 2000 cases, without the 232 cases that have missing data? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline Hi Difficult ...

Hotfixes and reboot
I have a Ex2003 box which just rebooted after I logged off. I see the following in my event log The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of computer WMCMSX02 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found Reason Code: 0x80020002 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: the following hotfixes were installed on the 19th, could these have the box reboot by just my logging off? Windows Server 2003 Hotfix KB918439 was installed. Windows Server 2003 Hotfix KB917953 was installed. Windows Server 2003 Hotfix KB914389 was installed. Windows...

Control Validation
I am trying to add a validation to a form that I have. To maintain unique course ID numbers, I have set the course ID number as primary key. The instructor has the authority to create their own course number based on what course numbers have not already been used. Over time, the course numbers expire and become available again. But that is a seperate course number that is also a primary key. Students can see the Course ID Number and select the course from there. The course number is used internally to track what courses have been offered, when and by whom. On the form that I am d...

RDP reboot request - no reboot
Hi I again have the following situation: - Connecting SBS2003 R2 via RDP from a W7 x64 to install WSUS updates - Reboot is requested - Initiating reboot - Looks like it starts rebooting ... closing RDP Now, no new RDP session is possible to this SBS. Access to OWA and stuff is still possible. Next day on the SBS: - Console login absolutely normal - It did not reboot - No suspicious entries in the logs However, RDP access is still not possible. Can I regain RDP access without rebooting the SBS? How do I prevent this to happen in the first place? I always have to walk u...

Spreadsheet validation
dear all, can any one give me any idea about excell spreadsheets validation. An published article or a link would be very useful. Thanks Abhishe -- Message posted from Hi have a look at Frank > dear all, > can any one give me any idea about excell spreadsheets validation. Any > published article or a link would be very useful. > Thanks Abhishek > > > --- > Message posted from ...

date validation MAYBE
Hello all Is there a way to do the following I will have two columns A = Kill Date B = Use by date - I would like to set the cell in which the use by date is entered to change colour (Have tried to use conditional format but failed) So for intance KILL DATE 1/1/06 USE BY DATE 15/1/06 FOR DATES 1 TO 5 CELL COLOUR GREEN DATES 5 TO 10 CELL COLOUR AMBER DATES 10 TO 15 CELL COLOUR RED I want to use this as an alert to correct use of raw meat within my workplace Any help would be good Thanks Julian Julian Something like: Condition 1: Formula is: =$B2<=$A2+5 format i...

Data Validation / find & replace
If I can one entry within a list set-up using Data Validation, how do I get it to up-date automatically wherever the original selection has been made? Example: list has:- Hello Goodbye Thanks I change Goodbye to See Ya ... now I want everywhere that has Goodbye in it to change to See Ya without me having to go and make the change ... this may be in more than one workbook so am assuming that if I was to use find/replace, I would have to open each workbook individually and repeat process? Or can you use find/replace on closed workbooks? >Or can you use find/replace on closed workbo...

Stopping free text entry in validation cell
Hi, I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists in some cells. I need to stop users from ignoring the options in the list and just typing whatever the want in the cell. Anyone help? I am sure it is easy, but can't see how to do it. Thnx, Smf If you are using a list then that should be enough unless they copy and paste into the validation cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "smf" <> wrote in message > Hi, > > I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists...

PST Validation Tester
is there some utility out there that will allow me to test a directory of PST files to determine whether they're valid or not? I'm doing a GroupWise to PST conversion for a data recovery company and randomly, one of the PST files I create gets corrupted. I try to open it in Outlook and it immediately shrinks down to 32K (from 6 Meg) and the Personal folder is empty, no messages. However, most of the other ones I do are fine. I'm talking about hundreds of PST files and I don't want to have to open each one of them 1 by 1. Is there a utility that will test/verify/vali...

Logon as Administrator, 7 minutes later, unexpected reboot
Some site details. 1 Dell server running MS Win Server 2003 SP1 Primary Domain controller Exchange Server 2003 file server, mail server, DNS server This morning my server started rebooting unexpectedly. The last event I had run from the server is a remote deployment from the server to a client notebook workstation of AVG anti-virus software. About 30 minutes later the server just rebooted. I log onto the server as the universal administrator. This isn't the best practice, but one I didn't change when I arrived at this firm. Here is what I have done to isolate the problem. - chan...

Row limit in data validation drop down list? #2
Thanks for the replies. Checking my named range was the first thing I did, and it does includ all the cells, including the recent additions (they were inserte alphabetically, as opposed to added to the bottom of the list). I seems my version of Excel is possessed, because my drop down list i limited to 666 lines. :eek: I have deleted some older project codes as a short-term fix, and I wil look into the dependent list option, but I was trying to follow the KIS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle for my users. If anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks, ~Courtne -- ...

Is it possible to validate a cell so that only a date which is a saturday or a sunday can be entered? please help me,its for college coursework thanks sam If you wanted to install this validation in A1 to A20, Select A1:A20, then: <Data> <Validation> Expand the "Allow" box, and choose "Custom". Enter this into the "Formula box: =WEEKDAY(A1,2)>5 Then <OK> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Sam&quo...

Cannot send messages
Hi, when sending email messages, I get following error message: "Could not complete the operation. One ore more parameter values are not valid." Note: everything worked fine until now suddenly. Any help? Roland Meyer The .SRS file under you e-mail profile could be corrupt. Since you don't mention what operating system or version of Outlook, the best example I can give is if using Outlook 2007 under Windows 7, you would find the file at: c:\Users\<Userid>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook What you would do is close Microsoft Outlook and then delete ...

Outlook 2002 Reboot
My PC reboots when I open Outlook 2002. Sometimes it goes into Outlook, but as soon as I open any attachment it rebbots the PC. This reboot is instant, almost like when you press the PC rset button? I have installed the latest patches with no effect. This is a real long shot but try running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file. You might also want to try running a disk scan on the machine to makes sure that's OK "Louis" <> wrote in message news:083701c39ecd$44e330d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My PC reboots when I open Outlook 2002. Sometimes i...

Is this valid XML?
A business partner wants an XML file to be transmitted as thus: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> - <submission cmo:submission_type="production" xmlns="" xmlns:cmo="" xmlns:xsi="" xsi:schemaLocation=""> (some detail records, ending with:) </submission> I am not able to generate the </submissio...

system rebooting
I have Windows xp with service pack. The problem is the system will reboot itself for no apparent reason. I've already did a system recovery to no avail. I also did complete system diagnostics and nothing seems to be wrong. I've done virus scans and defraged the hard drive. It still reboots itself. It's very annoying. Please help! Keith, this group is discussing Microsoft Access, the desktop database. You might get a better response if you post to a group dealing with hardware or o/s. There's actually several reasons why a machine might reboot, including bad hardware ...

Shutdown-difference between Shutdown and Reboot
Hello, does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown and the shutdown which is part of a reboot? I have a problem with an XP SP3 Computer, when i try to shutdown, it doesn't, but when i reboot, it makes the complete shutdown and reboots. The problem is caused by an external HDD, without it, the shutdown of the machine is ok. Now i would like to take the shutdown-command of the reboot, if that is possible. Thank you, Regards, franc francwalter wrote: > Hello, > > does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown > and...

Validate xml instance against schema
Hi all, I am using XMLValidatingReader to validate xml instance against schema. Now my question is: in the schema, it has the target name space. In the instance, it doesn't have the name space. I can not add the name space into the instance, if I could do that I won't have any problem. Currently I use XmlTextReader, XmlValidatingReader or XmlDocument. I am looking for the help to make it work without adding the name space into the instance. Is it doable? TIA, JoeZ "JoeZ" <> wrote in message news:ObOrZXcYHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...

validation error 313
When I charge an account "tender" requires a dollar value or the "ok" remains grayed out. However, when the amount is entered and ok is clicked I get the message "validation error 313--account tender is invalid because customer does not have an account" What am I doing wrong? The customer is set up in ar. Hi Sam, You need to set up Account Types (\Database\Account Types) and connect it to the particular customer(\Customer Properties\Account Information tab) you are using...also you need to define a credit limit for that customer. Tnx. \Franco E-mail: fman...