Reboot Validator

I'm running XP Pro, SP3.

Attempting to install a program from Nero.

Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.

During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator' which
it does not seem to be able to do.

What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.

Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says its
an MS problem.
--
Thank you,
B. Parker

Never heard of it but Nero Support should know about it: Reboot Validator
appears to be a Nero component; cf.
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/reviews/52809.aspx

B. Parker wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro, SP3.
>
> Attempting to install a program from Nero.
>
> Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.
>
> During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator'
> which
> it does not seem to be able to do.
>
> What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.
>
> Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says
> its
> an MS problem.

0
PA

Validating hyperlinks and text for hyperlink
I have an issue where I have hyperlinks that do not match the text that's shown for them. I think what happened is that someone copied the cells down and just changed the text, but not the hyperlink. Here is an example of the problem. Hyperlink displayed: www.microsoft.com Link coded: www.yahoo.com How can we validate which hyperlinks match and which ones don't? Thanks in advance. Barb Reinhardt Barb, The following code will put the each hyperlink's address next to the cell. And some other stuff which you can rem out. Insert four columns after your column of hyp...

Data Validation Ignore Blanks not working
i am using =INDIRECT(A1) in my data validation. "A1" is a Named Range on another sheet (it is also the name of sheet, if that is significant). i do this so that the contents of 'col2' corresponds to some value chosen in 'col1'. i have the named ranges set up correctly (i think), but there are a ton of blank lines in my resulting list (the Named Range does indeed include blank lines). i assumed that "Ignore Blanks" would take care of extraneous blank values, but they still exist. am i doing something wrong? If 'Ignore Blanks' is checked, yo...

Reboot loop
I have an older Systemax here with XP Home Edition (SP3) that keeps rebooting itself whether or not in Normal or Safe Mode. I have the restore CD and can get in to the Recovery Console OK. I ran chkdsk, fixboot, and fixmbr. Those didn't fix it. So I cloned the drive just for good luck and then tried to do a repair install. The install went as far as examining the disk, copying files, and then rebooted... only to go back into the reboot loop. These people use their computer every day and keep their updates up to date so I'm guessing it is NOT related to the MS update that...

Using XmlValidatingReader to validate XML Schema
The XmlValidatingReader seems to have changed drastically in .Net Frameworks 1.0 SP3 and beyond with regards to validating XML files that are XML Schemas. Consider the following code: --- class ValidatingSchema { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { string xmlData = @"<xs:schema mlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' > <xs:element name='root' /> <xs:cement id='foo'/> </xs:schema>"; XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(new StringReader(xmlData)); XmlValidatingReader vreader = new XmlValidatingReader(reader);...

Conditional Validation
Hi! I was wondering if there is a way to do conditional drop-down lists through validation. For example, in the first cell the user chooses the State (using a validation list to restrict the selections). Then in the next cell I want to use validation that presents a drop-down list of all the counties in the State instead of having to choose from all the counties in the US. Thanks, Matt Try this: http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal13.html Debra Dalgleish's Contextures site has lots of useful examples Regards Trevor <mattmclaughlin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11465...

Validation Box all in same places
I have found that if I reposition a validation box showing the input message, all similar validation boxes for ALL columns will show in that same spot. for example, I moved the box in col CA and all validation box for col B shows up now in CA. I have about 150 columns with probably 60 validation input messages that now show up in the wrong spot. Any suggestions other than manually recreating all. I did try to uncheck the SHOW INPUT MESSAGE, and then go back and turn it on again, thinking it would reset, but no luck. Thanks, Kayabob If you close and reopen your workbook, don't t...

Data validation list problem
I am using Excel 2002 sp3. I have a number of sheets that use data validation to limit the values that can be entered in specific cells - this list is several columns wide by up to 1000's rows long (sequential currency amounts for each denomination). It resides on its own hidden sheet which is protected. All works fine but occasionally one or two (or more) of the values in this list seem to be getting altered. e.g, the column may read 98.0, 98.5, 99.0, 99.5 and instead of the next one being 100 (which it was originally) it is now 90 and so on. A number of different users...

RDP reboot request - no reboot
Hi I again have the following situation: - Connecting SBS2003 R2 via RDP from a W7 x64 to install WSUS updates - Reboot is requested - Initiating reboot - Looks like it starts rebooting ... closing RDP Now, no new RDP session is possible to this SBS. Access to OWA and stuff is still possible. Next day on the SBS: - Console login absolutely normal - It did not reboot - No suspicious entries in the logs However, RDP access is still not possible. Can I regain RDP access without rebooting the SBS? How do I prevent this to happen in the first place? I always have to walk u...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

no subject line
while composing an email, it saved my email in the draft folder, but now, I don't have a subject line/box, no a "cc" box. I am using outlook 2K and win 2K, un-installed both (one at a time, then both), re-installed, to no avail. I can compose a new email, put addresses in the to, as well as the "CC" when I click on the "to" box, but I can't enter a subject 'cuz there isn't a box for me to do it in. When I send, there isn't any subject, and it doesn't warn me about sending w/o a subject. If you have any suggestions, please send the...

2000 server with BES rebooting and also rebooting 2003 exchange
I work for a company with 5 servers. I'm having a problem with 2 servers in particular. Let's call them server1 and server2, server1 is the exchange 2003 server running Server2003 and server2 is a BES server running on Server2000. About 4 months ago server2 started rebooting unexpectedly, sometimes every night sometimes it will not reboot for as long as 4 days. Everytime it reboots it also reboots server1 (exchange server). My 1st thought was the BB server. 4 days ago I stopped the BB services and sure enough yesterday it rebooted and rebooted server1. I've checked ...

validation #13
When creating a validation for a list how can I create a link to a lis a column in another workbook? Say I have a spread sheet and I want c through validation to give me a pull down with a list of what is column called subject in another workbook -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37897 No, not another workbook. -- HTH Bob Phillips "MIKE0W" <MIKE0W.1qmdie_1118757906.0076...

Data Validation List #3
I'm trying to place a drop down list in a cell and it is not working. I placed it on one worksheet, but it doesn't work on the other. I put what I want to drop down (6 items, each in a separate cell), but the list doesn't show. Any suggestions? You cannot use a range of cells, say Sheet2!A1:A6 in Data Validation, but if you name the range as MyList or whatever and use =MyList in the cell in another sheet, it will work, Regards, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ca2d01c42214$941bb2b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to place a drop dow...

Strange error validating XML against XSD
Hello, I've developed a .NET C# web service; which has one method named, let's say, upload_your_data. This method has one parameter ( string your_data). The value that this parameter will actually have is the content of a XML document. This data will be processed and check for a well-formed xml document and will be validated against a XSD. Before putting my code, let me go on and explain the whole situation. This web method is invoked by some guys outside my organization and they are using java applications (jsp's … it seems to be). I've tested my web method locally (in...

Rebooting cycle that is endless and any safe mode is unavailable..
hi and thanks for your help. after runniong malwarebytes and not finding any malware, i shut down for the evening. the next morning, i restarted only to end up with a generic host 32 window pop up. but by desktop came up and all looked fine. i clicked on a folder and a word doc appeared, but then everything froze. after some time it was apparent that nothing was going to happen, so i shut down. since then the system has been in a constant cycle of rebooting. i have also made mulitiple attempts to get into any safe mode option, but the computer still reboots. i have learned that ...

reboot clear registery settings
Hi, I want to change my hostname programmatically. I change the registery key Hotname under "SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TcpIp\\Parameters\\" it works fine, I close my app and reopen it, the changes are made. If I open the registry, the changes are made. But when I reboot, the hostname is not changed and when I open the registry, the changes are lost. Why is that ? Mickael. Hi Bob Milton, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, on reboot, the hostname is not changed either when I modify ControlSet001. I have verified before rebooting that the key was changed. I am ...

Marcos and Validations
I am trying to create a spreadsheet with a validation table in it tha when I choose one of the items in it, it will run a macro to fin certian info in a seperate table below. I have put the autofilter on the second table but can't work out how t link the macro and the validation table. Someone please help!!!!!!! Regards And -- Andy Whittake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andy Whittaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39286 Y...

not a valid .pst
I have been trying to help a co-worker recover an oversized pst in outlook 2003, it got up to 2.6 GB and now it will not open. I tried running scanpst.exe and it came back saying it couldn't recognize the file. I have also tried third party recovery tools and they can not recognize the file either. Is there any way to recover the file as the backup copies get the same error? Outlook 2003 doesnt have any such size issues, unless of course you upgraded from an earlier version of outlook and didnt create a new data file in the new format If scanpst and third party tools ar...

Server reboot while backup of Information Store is runnung
Hi friends, i have a problem with mi my MS Exchange Server. This is the scenario The server is a DELL Poweredge 2550, 2 GB RAM, 2 proccesor PIII 1300 Mhz, RAID Controller Perc, one volunem RAID 5 with 60 GB Is a dedicated server with W2000 SP4 and MS Exchange enterprise edition SP3 and Trend antivirus Family The problem is what during backup of information store with Veritas o ntbackup the server reboot randomly. I have reinstalled the machine and this continue happening Someone can help me Thanks and sorry for mi english "JL Torrente" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Validation Emailaddresses
Hi All, I have an sheet called inputsheet where data entry people has to fill in email adresses. (in row N and H) Now I want to be sure they fill in an "@" and an "." (dot) If not an error has to appear. Is it possible to use validation to check these 2 symbols?? Please let me know? Thank you in advanced Berry See other thread, and the one before that. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <blommerse@saz.nl> wrote in message news:1184834167.399595.74380@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > &...

Reboot problem
Everytime I have to reboot my exchange server for any reason (i.ie. apply updates, system problems) it will take over 30 minutes for messages to start to be sent again. Outlook shows that it is connected to the server and all the services on the server are running and there is nothing strange in the event log. But if you trace the email it will show that is has been Submitted to Categorizer. After about 30 mins to an hour the email will get sent. After that everything works just fine and email come and go as they should. As you can imagine my higher ups don't really like waitin...

Delete code competing with BeforeUpdate validation
I put code in the Before Update event of my form to verify that two fields are complete (i.e., Not Null) before saving. The code is: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.FirstName) Then MsgBox "Please enter a first name." Cancel = True Me.FirstName.SetFocus ElseIf IsNull(Me.LastName) Then MsgBox "Please enter a last name." Cancel = True Me.LastName.SetFocus End If End Sub Also on my form is a Delete button that deletes the record. The problem is that if the user starts a new record, and then clicks...

Deliver emails after reboot
We are on Windows 2003 (cluster) with Exchange 2003. My problem is we performed a reboot this past weekend and once exchange is back up I see over 4,000 emails from Feb. 9th that are just now being sent to the users. I want to know if any one has any idea as to why this has happened? Also, how can I pervent this from happening again? "mzalj" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >We are on Windows 2003 (cluster) with Exchange 2003. My problem is we >performed a reboot this past weekend and once exchange is back up I see >over 4,000 emails from Feb. 9th that are just now ...

Multiple values in a sigle cell, and validation
My worksheet represents a list of entities E1, anb each E1 can have multiple of other entities E2 associated withit. The most straight-forward way to do it would be to have multiple values in cell - something like {e21, e22, e23, e24}. Te problem I have is validation - I want to validate user's input so that e2x can only be one of the E2 entities defined in another worksheet. So far, I was nto able to come up with validation formula that validates an array of values - Ily I'm not sure if I understand, but you may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's site where she explains how to u...

How to use data validation
[NB: I re-structure my question since people got misled from my previous one] What I really wish to ask is: I wish to use data validation for a particular cell. But it doesn't work if I choose "custom" in the "allow" box. 1) In Data | Validation | Settings Tab | Validation Criteria, there is an "Allow" Box. 2) I chose "custom", there is a formula. 3) I type in some formula, eg: =J3 (Just Reference) =J3-J1 (Reference-type formula) =round(J1) (Function-type formula) None of them can activate the validation fu...