Reboot Validator

  • Follow

I'm running XP Pro, SP3.

Attempting to install a program from Nero.

Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.

During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator' which
it does not seem to be able to do.

What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.

Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says its
an MS problem.
--
Thank you,
B. Parker

Never heard of it but Nero Support should know about it: Reboot Validator
appears to be a Nero component; cf.
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/reviews/52809.aspx

B. Parker wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro, SP3.
>
> Attempting to install a program from Nero.
>
> Software keeps failing at startup, despite numerous re-installs.
>
> During installs, it keeps attempting to update the 'reboot validator'
> which
> it does not seem to be able to do.
>
> What is the reboot validator, and how do I update it.
>
> Couldn't find anything useful on MS site and Nero Tech support just says
> its
> an MS problem.

0
Reply PA 1/22/2010 11:36:57 PM