image larger than monitor

hi there
hope I am in the group?
I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom of
the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this problem?
and how to restore the correct viewing?
regards

Are you saying the screen scrolls for the desktop?!? Or are you
referring to the image in Internet Explorer. If the former, you must
have some special video adapter driver, if the later, you merely changed
your desktop resolution too low.

LP wrote:

> hi there
> hope I am in the group?
> I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom of
> the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this problem?
> and how to restore the correct viewing?
> regards

0
Bob
5/18/2010 12:25:44 PM
"LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there
> hope I am in the group?
> I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom
> of
> the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
> problem?
> and how to restore the correct viewing?
> regards

It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine the
desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
size.

Here is what I do on my laptop:
Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this monitor
cannot display'.
Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the monitor
can't display.

-Paul Randall

0
Paul
5/18/2010 12:39:02 PM
Thanks very much for this

"Paul Randall" wrote:

> "LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi there
> > hope I am in the group?
> > I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> > monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom
> > of
> > the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> > buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
> > problem?
> > and how to restore the correct viewing?
> > regards
>
> It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine the
> desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
> than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
> area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
> size.
>
> Here is what I do on my laptop:
> Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
> On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this monitor
> cannot display'.
> Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the monitor
> can't display.
>
> -Paul Randall
>

> .

You are welcome.  Thanks for letting us know it worked for you.

> Thanks very much for this
>
> "Paul Randall" wrote:
>

>> "LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi there
>> > hope I am in the group?
>> > I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than
>> > the
>> > monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and
>> > bottom
>> > of
>> > the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
>> > buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
>> > problem?
>> > and how to restore the correct viewing?
>> > regards
>>
>> It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine
>> the
>> desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
>> than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
>> area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
>> size.
>>
>> Here is what I do on my laptop:
>> Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
>> On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this
>> monitor
>> cannot display'.
>> Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the
>> monitor
>> can't display.
>>
>> -Paul Randall
>>

>> .

0
Paul

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Changing a static image
I have put these lines in the OnInitDlg of a dialog CBitmap bitmap1; bitmap1.LoadBitmap(ID_BMP); ((CStatic *)GetDlgItem(ImageSecurity))->SetBitmap(bitmap1); with ID_BMP : a varaible memeber of the dlg ImageSecurity the label of the image The pb is that the image doesn't appear when the dlg is called, but the border of the image fit whell the id of the bitmap. thx a lot for any answer mathieu Your ImageSecurity static control should have SS_BITMAP style. Open the resource ( .rc ) file in a text editor and add the SS_BITMAP style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] -------...

Displaying images in CListCtrl
Hi, I have a Report-style CListCtrl and I need to display an image in the second column of the list control. Calling SetItem() by specifying the image index from the ListCtrl's imagelist member and the subitem index corresponding to the second column does not work. I can only get the image to display in the first column, and I dont want the image there. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Gautham You're going to have to derive you're own class from CListCtrl and draw it yourself. Here are a couple of links to articles where they use bitmaps in CListCtrls that ma...

How to store an image in a xml file
Hi, Actually I would like to store an image file(bmp, gif, jpg, ...) in a XML file. So i was thinking about using a UUENCODING or a base64 and it shouldn't be difficult to do. Ex : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <resource version="0.1"> <object class="PictureBox"> <Data type="bmp">$^$^"�'$'^$"^'$�^'$�'$�'$^$'�^'$^</Data> </object> My problem is to reload this file because once I have read the UUENCODE and decoded the file I will have a full image in MEMORY. But ...

Signature image missing when reply or forward
I am using Outlook 2000 and i have created a signature for my email with an image and hyperlink which works fine for a new msg. But when I reply or forward an email the signature does not get the image, it appears as missing (outline box with X). Does anyone know whats going on? and what can I do to fix this?? Thanks, -SG You need to check the format of the message that you are replying to or forwarding. If the message is Plain Text then the graphic and hyperlink are not going to work. However if the message format is Rich Text or HTML it should work fine but HTML would be the best...

how can i view images if i'm searching for an image w/o clicking?
When I search for images and they are listed as links, is there a way to view them without having to click on them and place them or view their properties? Its the upgrade that I really don't like with 2003...it was nice to be able to see the images an choose which one I want without having to open every single one. Do you mean...Insert / Picture / From File? Try clicking...Views / Thumbnails...on the Insert Picture screen. -- John Inzer "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBDD5307-1983-4F44-894D-78C5069E154F@microsoft.com... > Whe...

Conditionated visualization of an image
Hello, is it possibile to visualize an image into a cell only if the value of another cell is (for expaple) greater than 80%? Thanks Luca >Conditionated visualization of an image< ...

wrong images displayed / auto generated image names
I have been using publisher (2007) for a while now maintaining my son's website consisting of nothing but pictures. So far it has worked great. I am recently running into a problem where when I add new images, it somehow confuses the filenames (I guess) and displays older pictures from elsewhere in the site. I don't know if the problem is b/c of the quantity of images I have or what. I am aware that the images are renamed to imagexxx.jpg when published. Is there a maximum number of images that can be loaded? On a side note, I would also like to know if there is a way to allow vie...

Publisher 2003, cannot view images only picture outline/border
Microsoft Publisher 2003 only displays a picture holder (an outline or border of a picture) in a Publisher document. Other users can view the document and see the images. Read the fourth FAQ here: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rick Young" <RickYoung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD4D3D35-376A-498C-8AE6-78909F500506@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Publisher 2003 onl...

money 2006 no longer runs after installing HP image zone
After installing HP image zone my Money 2006 no longer runs and I get an error saying I need to run setup to install some components. When I re-run setup it also does not complete saying it could not install certain components. I've tried uninstalling completely and then reinstalling as other posts suggest, but no luck. I'd like to know what components Money is installing toward the end of the install. The install runs most of the way and copies all its files, but toward the end it quits with the error message. Any one know what components it could be using? ...

1 image printing as 2 images
Hi I have 1 image in my excel document, when I print preview it shows 1 image only but when I print it it squashes 2 of the same image into the photo box any suggestions welcome thanks Does this condition exist when you prit the file from another computer and printer? If so, problem is with the file. if so, cut the image out fo the file save and re-open it and re-insert the image....then see if the problem is the same......if so, try using a different image as a test...if it then is ok, problem is with the image file. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "working" wrote: > ...

Sharpen Images
I have a problem with Publisher 2003. It seems that whenever I import an image from a file and then try to resize it, it becomes very blurry. How do I sharpen these images or make them larger and remain clear? PLEASE HELP!! J. Oakes <J. Oakes@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a problem with Publisher 2003. It seems that whenever I > import an image from a file and then try to resize it, it becomes > very blurry. How do I sharpen these images or make them larger and > remain clear? Have you checked View > Pictures > Detailed D...

How do I convert a color raster image to a 1-bit bitonal image
I am attempting to convert a USGS color raster image map into a 1-bit bitonal image so that I can plot the same in an autocad environment as a black & white image. In previous times I could use PHOTOED on Windows 98 to perform this task, but now with XP I seem not to have the functionality. PhotoEd seems to not be compatible with XP. Anyone got a suggestion? hfg kentucky This has nothing to do with Publisher. Sorry. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ENGINEER OF KY" <ENGINEER OF KY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC4286A-17BE-4655-90B...

Images
When I insert an image from clipart in Publisher the image shows, but if I convert it to an Office drawing object it disappears. I mean it's still there, (the handles are still showing) but the image isn't visible, this happens in Word as well. Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this? Read the third FAQ here: Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Snapper" <snapcridge@gmai...

Grabbing desktop image under a window
Hi, I would like to do some processing on a rectangular area of an image. I would like to use a window in a way similar to a magnifier glass, e.g. I would like to move the window onto the desktop, and process the desktop image under the window's client area. Could you please suggest me some ideas to implement this? A trivial approach - but I think ugly and inefficient - I thought would be: 1. Get window client area rect 2. Hide the window 3. Grab desktop sub-image corresponding to client area rect of point 1 4. Show the window 5. Show the processed image Thanks for your suggestions, ...

using(Image image = Image.FromFile("bell.gif"))
Hi! Here is some code and I suspect that this code is coded wrong because this code doesn't make sense with how the using is used here. I suspect that it should have been codes like see at the bottom. Or is it something that I miss here saying that the way they use the using here is perfectly correct and valid ? The book I read say the following about the using. It says "The using statement specifies that the image resources should be automatically displosed at the end of the using block" ResXResourceWriter rw = new ResXResourceWriter("Demo.resx"); ...

Monitor Users Access to others inbox
Hi All our users have full access to other users emails and calendars. We have a user who appears to be 'nosing' through other users emails, I would like to: a) Log what that user accesses in other's mailboxes, if not possible only one persons mailbox (as this user often complains about being overworked!). b) Later block access to the inbox only for that user. Any advice on how to do both the above would be much appreciated. Thanks B In news:ulWJPuRcGHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Ben <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi > > All our users have full a...