image larger than monitor

  • Follow

hi there
hope I am in the group?
I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom of
the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this problem?
and how to restore the correct viewing?
regards

0
Reply Utf 5/18/2010 8:24:02 AM

Are you saying the screen scrolls for the desktop?!? Or are you
referring to the image in Internet Explorer. If the former, you must
have some special video adapter driver, if the later, you merely changed
your desktop resolution too low.

LP wrote:

> hi there
> hope I am in the group?
> I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom of
> the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this problem?
> and how to restore the correct viewing?
> regards

0
Reply Bob 5/18/2010 12:25:44 PM

"LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi there
> hope I am in the group?
> I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom
> of
> the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
> problem?
> and how to restore the correct viewing?
> regards

It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine the
desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
size.

Here is what I do on my laptop:
Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this monitor
cannot display'.
Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the monitor
can't display.

-Paul Randall

0
Reply Paul 5/18/2010 12:39:02 PM

Thanks very much for this

"Paul Randall" wrote:

> "LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi there
> > hope I am in the group?
> > I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than the
> > monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and bottom
> > of
> > the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
> > buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
> > problem?
> > and how to restore the correct viewing?
> > regards
>
> It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine the
> desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
> than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
> area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
> size.
>
> Here is what I do on my laptop:
> Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
> On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this monitor
> cannot display'.
> Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the monitor
> can't display.
>
> -Paul Randall
>

> .

0
Reply Utf 5/18/2010 1:33:01 PM

You are welcome.  Thanks for letting us know it worked for you.

> Thanks very much for this
>
> "Paul Randall" wrote:
>

>> "LP" <LP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi there
>> > hope I am in the group?
>> > I use win XP....the image has for some obscure reason gone larger than
>> > the
>> > monitor and I am having to use the mouse to see left righ top and
>> > bottom
>> > of
>> > the image. I have gone into disply properties, and the monitor reset
>> > buttons...but it makes no difference. Any idea what is causing this
>> > problem?
>> > and how to restore the correct viewing?
>> > regards
>>
>> It is the display adapter and associated driver settings that determine
>> the
>> desktop size.  I find it very handy to be able to set the desktop larger
>> than the screen when I use maps.google.com to get a satelite image of an
>> area.  Google's web interface limits the html/map window to the desktop
>> size.
>>
>> Here is what I do on my laptop:
>> Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced button -> Monitor
>> On the monitor screen there is a checkbox for 'Hide modes that this
>> monitor
>> cannot display'.
>> Uncheck that box to disallow the selection of resolutions that the
>> monitor
>> can't display.
>>
>> -Paul Randall
>>

>> .