Free power point viewer problem

  • Follow

Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After many
trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically when I
click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click "OK"
on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in this
order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
file)".
It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not find
it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or what?
0
Reply Utf 5/28/2010 3:11:02 PM

On 5/28/2010 8:11 AM, Magsmom wrote:
> Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After many
> trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically when I
> click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
> messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click "OK"
> on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in this
> order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
> file)".
> It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
> folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not find
> it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or what?

Save the PowerPoint file attachment to your hard disk, then open it.
Temporary files can sometimes be troublesome to find.

Bill
0
Reply Billns 5/28/2010 3:52:48 PM

"Magsmom" <Magsmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP, SP3 - downloaded Free Power Point Viewer for 2007.  After
> many
> trials and errors I can finally get the program to open automatically
> when I
> click on a .pps attachment in an email, but then I get multiple error
> messages telling me the program cannot find a file.  Each time I click
> "OK"
> on one, another one pops up.  The files that it is looking for are, in
> this
> order: "Document", "and", "Local", "Temporary", "Internet" and "(name of
> file)".
> It seems that the program is unable to find my Temporary Internet file
> folder and when I tried to find it using windows Explorer, I could not
> find
> it either. Is this a PPV problem or an internet explorer problem, or
> what?

Are you using Outlook Express for mail? (You left that part out).

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using XP/SP2
or XP/SP3:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
--
           Bruce Hagen