Computer Coming OUT of Hibernation all by itself!

  • Follow

Ok, this has me stumped.  I am running XP, on a Sony Vaio Desktop computer.
When I Hibernate the system at night, it is back on again in the morning
when I come into the room!

I know it is hybernating because when I first saw this happen, I stayed in
the room to make sure it actually hibernated before I left. It DOES go
completely into hibernation!

Any thoughts, suggestions?   I have read all posts here about Going INTO
hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming OUT of it.

Thanks

0
Reply doug 11/19/2009 8:12:19 PM

You have some software set to start the PC? The BIOS can also be set to
do that, as well as "Wake On Lan".

doug wrote:

> Ok, this has me stumped.  I am running XP, on a Sony Vaio Desktop computer.
> When I Hibernate the system at night, it is back on again in the morning
> when I come into the room!
>
> I know it is hybernating because when I first saw this happen, I stayed in
> the room to make sure it actually hibernated before I left. It DOES go
> completely into hibernation!
>
> Any thoughts, suggestions?   I have read all posts here about Going INTO
> hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming OUT of it.
>
> Thanks

0
Reply Bob 11/19/2009 8:21:00 PM

In news:#7pWbSVaKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl "doug" <ddunn1@cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

> Any thoughts, suggestions?   I have read all posts here about Going
> INTO hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming
> OUT of it.

Anything funny in the BIOS? Any sort of wake-on-LAN, or
wake-on-something-else?

My old TP600 had a BIOS option to go into hibernate after some time in
standby, but nothing about coming out of hibernate though.

--
Bert Hyman	St. Paul, MN	bert@iphouse.com
0

Do you have any scheduled tasks. If so, check the settings tab and make sure
the box labeled "Wake the computer to run this task" is unchecked.
Louis

"doug" <ddunn1@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ok, this has me stumped.  I am running XP, on a Sony Vaio Desktop
computer.
> When I Hibernate the system at night, it is back on again in the morning
> when I come into the room!
>
> I know it is hybernating because when I first saw this happen, I stayed in
> the room to make sure it actually hibernated before I left. It DOES go
> completely into hibernation!
>
> Any thoughts, suggestions?   I have read all posts here about Going INTO
> hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming OUT of it.
>
> Thanks

0
Reply 3c273 11/19/2009 9:33:05 PM

a successful hibernation would shut
the power off to the pc.

however, standby would make the
pc seemed to be powerless

but it is actually powered and
awaiting for the command to
awaken.

standby can be awakened by a
number of things other than
human intervention.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"doug" <ddunn1@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ok, this has me stumped.  I am running XP, on a Sony Vaio Desktop
> computer. When I Hibernate the system at night, it is back on again in the
> morning when I come into the room!
>
> I know it is hybernating because when I first saw this happen, I stayed in
> the room to make sure it actually hibernated before I left. It DOES go
> completely into hibernation!
>
> Any thoughts, suggestions?   I have read all posts here about Going INTO
> hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming OUT of it.
>
> Thanks

0
Reply db 11/19/2009 9:44:04 PM

db wrote:
> a successful hibernation would shut
> the power off to the pc.
>
> however, standby would make the
> pc seemed to be powerless
>
> but it is actually powered and
> awaiting for the command to
> awaken.
>
> standby can be awakened by a
> number of things other than
> human intervention.

As can Hibernation

0
Reply Bob 11/19/2009 10:01:40 PM

your right.

I had forgotten.

--

> db wrote:
>> a successful hibernation would shut
>> the power off to the pc.
>>
>> however, standby would make the
>> pc seemed to be powerless
>>
>> but it is actually powered and
>> awaiting for the command to
>> awaken.
>>
>> standby can be awakened by a
>> number of things other than
>> human intervention.
>
> As can Hibernation

0
Reply db 11/20/2009 1:46:40 PM

Thanks to one and all....  my AVG Anti-virus was set to update software
every morning at 8am and there was a box checked that said to perform even
if in low power mode...

I will check tomorrow morning to see if unchecking that box solved the
problem

"db" <databaseben@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> your right.
>
> I had forgotten.
>
> --
> db���`�...�><)))�>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
> -  @Hotmail.com
> -  nntp Postologist
> ~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> db wrote:
>>> a successful hibernation would shut
>>> the power off to the pc.
>>>
>>> however, standby would make the
>>> pc seemed to be powerless
>>>
>>> but it is actually powered and
>>> awaiting for the command to
>>> awaken.
>>>
>>> standby can be awakened by a
>>> number of things other than
>>> human intervention.
>>
>> As can Hibernation

0
Reply doug 11/21/2009 4:05:19 PM

On Nov 21, 11:05=A0am, "doug" <ddu...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Thanks to one and all.... =A0my AVG Anti-virus was set to update software
> every morning at 8am and there was a box checked that said to perform eve=
> if in low power mode...
>
> I will check tomorrow morning to see if unchecking that box solved the
> problem
>
> "db" <database...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > your right.
>
> > I had forgotten.