Automatic update settings grayed out

  • Follow

Hello,

I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system settings
, automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select any
options. I rebooted and did not help.

Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 11/26/2009 12:49:01 AM

Why hasn't SP3 been installed by now?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

coolecho wrote:
> I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system
> settings
> , automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select
> any
> options. I rebooted and did not help.
>
> Thanks.

0
Reply PA 11/26/2009 12:55:55 AM

PA Bear,

As I said in the past some machines are too slow to take SP3. So, why do you
keep pushing this fact? It's upto the OP

It's more like local policies blocking it which can be set via malware but
remember they would also stop the automatic update service from running

----------------------------

OP,

START | RUN | type 'services.msc' & press ENTER

Look at AUTOMATIC UPDATES & BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE is
started too. If not, start them

Another thing you can do if the services are started is:

START | RUN | type 'wuauclt.exe /detectnow'

Another thing you can try is:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010

(Look at CONFIGURING AUTOMATIC UPDATES BY EDITING THE REGISTRY section)

Please report back

--
SPAMCOP User

> Why hasn't SP3 been installed by now?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> coolecho wrote:
>> I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system
>> settings
>> , automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select
>> any
>> options. I rebooted and did not help.
>>
>> Thanks.

0