Automatic update settings grayed out

Hello,

I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system settings
, automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select any
options. I rebooted and did not help.

Thanks.

Why hasn't SP3 been installed by now?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

coolecho wrote:
> I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system
> settings
> , automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select
> any
> options. I rebooted and did not help.
>
> Thanks.

0
PA
11/26/2009 12:55:55 AM
PA Bear,

As I said in the past some machines are too slow to take SP3. So, why do you
keep pushing this fact? It's upto the OP

It's more like local policies blocking it which can be set via malware but
remember they would also stop the automatic update service from running

----------------------------

OP,

START | RUN | type 'services.msc' & press ENTER

Look at AUTOMATIC UPDATES & BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE is
started too. If not, start them

Another thing you can do if the services are started is:

START | RUN | type 'wuauclt.exe /detectnow'

Another thing you can try is:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010

(Look at CONFIGURING AUTOMATIC UPDATES BY EDITING THE REGISTRY section)

Please report back

--
SPAMCOP User

> Why hasn't SP3 been installed by now?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> coolecho wrote:
>> I am running XP Pro SP2. I installed office 2007 and now in system
>> settings
>> , automatic updates tab all the options are greyed out and cannot select
>> any
>> options. I rebooted and did not help.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
SPAMCOP

Latest xp update causing Money to crash????
Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on me. Anyone else experiencing this problem???? No issue here. Have you tried to restore to a point previous to the update? "JRB" <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219988AA-0980-4055-A772-835E45B9DB3F@microsoft.com... > Ever since I installed the latest XP updates, Money 2005 keeps crashing on > me. Anyone else experiencing this problem???? XP: eXtra Pain arthur == On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:40:27 -0800, JRB <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ev...

Exchange 2000 SP3 updates ans security patches
I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pack 3) running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. What is the best way of checking for missing security patches and updates? Would it be enough if I run MBSA 2.0 and rely on it only? MBSA is not showing any patches/updates missing however the above build number seems to me a lillte old comparing to those I saw when researching the web about Exchange 2000. Does the updates not change the build number? Thank you. "mtler" <mtler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2000 Version 6.0 (Build 6249.4: Service Pa...

Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!
This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates. Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html> More on types of update file: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Ent...

Automatic CC

Instances doesn't get updated when the master stencil changes
Hi, I am trying to create a stencil master shape in such way that when I change the master, all instances also get updated according to the new master shape. At this point I have a master shape in a stencil and I have hundreds of instances in different visio drawing based on the very same stencil. When I change the master shape, I have to change all instances (several hundreds) and this is such a pain. How can I solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated, Max On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:29:15 -0400, "Maxwell2006" <alanalan@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > &...

64 bit language pack and 64 bit cumulative update of december 2009
I want Project Server 2007 64 bits language pack. but i cant find this . In net there is language pack of project server 2007. but there is no define 64 bits. I need 64 bit language pack for 64 bits project server 2007 . and also I need cumulative update (december 2009) of 64 bit project server 2007 and windows sharepoint services 3.0 (64 bit) kindly tell me the correct link from where i will download. ...

The note ID has not been set #2
I write the text in the note window in the Payroll Employee Setup - Canada window. And when i try to close the note window, i have this message: The note ID has not been set. ? ...

Printer setting
How do you set OE so that incoming emails are automatically printed? WTIA. There is no setting in OE to do that. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Axis" <zedcars@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:p_von.406212$6i7.312953@newsfe06.ams2... > How do you set OE so that incoming emails are automatically printed? > WTIA. > ...

Automatic axis format

Update global address book not working!
Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last two days aren't appearing in the global address book in people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users Address book. Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is visable in the global address book. Thanks If you're running Outlook 2003 cached mode you're working off the offline address book, so start looking there. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Windows update problem. Clueless
Here is my windowsupdate.log for today, I cannot connect to windowsupdate website period. Not sure what is going on. Can someone help me decode this nonsense? 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ############# 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] *********** 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 20 updates. 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ######### 2010-05-25 17:20:51:687 1484 ...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...

I cant get any updates to install.
Everything is on that is to be on. Any light would be great, thanks. -- Skip Rock Maybe you have them all? "Skip" <Skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CCB3033-4CD5-4197-A8A9-C4778A6636DA@microsoft.com... > Everything is on that is to be on. > Any light would be great, thanks. > -- > Skip Rock Skip wrote: > Everything is on that is to be on. > Any light would be great, thanks. Speaking of light... Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard) --> type...

How to set DEFAULT print options in Excel to print gridlines?
I would like to set the default page setup to print gridlines so I don't have to go tell it to print the gridlines every time I do a new document. Any way to do that? Thanks! Create a template called Book.xlt with the default settings you desire. Store this file in the XLStart folder (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart ). This template will be used to create any new workbook. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "LKR" <LKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B644E...

FW: Try corrective update
--lkdjfwcphrqtozfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ygblvpmg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ygblvpmg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lcxxrzqr" --lcxxrzqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security of yo...

group policy settings for DPM
is there an ADM file so you can use group policy for DMP settings for client comptuers? No. I think it doesnt. "C.Kelly@noemail.noemail" wrote: > is there an ADM file so you can use group policy for DMP settings for client > comptuers? > > > . > that's a bummer it would be nice if you could do server targeting via GP. "Gorazd Semrov" <GorazdSemrov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B7217DB-BFC5-49C4-BEA2-8DAAE1713E23@microsoft.com... > No. I think it doesnt. > > "C.Kelly@noemail.noemai...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...