Windows Update (KB971644)

  • Follow

Hi,

I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,
Heri.

0
Reply Utf 1/18/2010 12:42:01 AM

Hello Heri,

 subscription current?
what other security software are you running, if any?
[antivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security
software that monitors the registry keys for changes]

 What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?

 What third-party firewall (if any)?

<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=KB971644&as_mind=27&as_minm=10&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_drrb=b&sitesearch=&scoring=d>

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

"Heri13" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
> Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
> The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
> configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
> message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.
>
> Does anyone know of a fix?
>

> Thanks,
> Heri.

0
Reply Utf 1/18/2010 2:25:01 AM

Hello Encel.

Q. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current?
A. Panda Cloud Antivirus
Q.  what other security software are you running, if any?
A. None
Q. ivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security software
that monitors the registry keys for changes]
A. None
Q. What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?
A. None
Q. What third-party firewall (if any)?
A. None

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Heri,
>
>  What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>  subscription current?
> what other security software are you running, if any?
> [antivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security
> software that monitors the registry keys for changes]
>
>  What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?
>
>  What third-party firewall (if any)?
>

> <http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=KB971644&as_mind=27&as_minm=10&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_drrb=b&sitesearch=&scoring=d>
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ©¿©¬
> -=-
>

> "Heri13" wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
> > Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
> > The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
> > configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
> > message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a fix?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Heri.

0