Windows Update (KB971644)

Hi,

I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,
Heri.

Hello Heri,

 subscription current?
what other security software are you running, if any?
[antivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security
software that monitors the registry keys for changes]

 What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?

 What third-party firewall (if any)?

<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=KB971644&as_mind=27&as_minm=10&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_drrb=b&sitesearch=&scoring=d>

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

"Heri13" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
> Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
> The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
> configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
> message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.
>
> Does anyone know of a fix?
>

> Thanks,
> Heri.

Hello Encel.

Q. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current?
A. Panda Cloud Antivirus
Q.  what other security software are you running, if any?
A. None
Q. ivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security software
that monitors the registry keys for changes]
A. None
Q. What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?
A. None
Q. What third-party firewall (if any)?
A. None

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Heri,
>
>  What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>  subscription current?
> what other security software are you running, if any?
> [antivirus/anti-malware/cookie or popup blocker/or, any security
> software that monitors the registry keys for changes]
>
>  What anti-spyware applications (other than Windows Defender)?
>
>  What third-party firewall (if any)?
>

> <http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=KB971644&as_mind=27&as_minm=10&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_drrb=b&sitesearch=&scoring=d>
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ©¿©¬
> -=-
>

> "Heri13" wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home
> > Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644).
> > The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3
> > configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a
> > message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a fix?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Heri.

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Wrong Date On Account Update
I am running Money 2004 Version 12.0 update 1. When I download my check book entries & I accept the download for each entry the date is changed from "your entry" in checkbook to "bank entry" That is if I date the check April 1, Money will change that date to the date that it cleared the bank. Is there any way to accept the download but keep the date that the check was written? Under Tools/Options/"On Line Services" tab - remove the check mark from the line that says: "Overwrite transaction date with date from downloaded transactions" Art marv...

Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?
Hello: Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment. They claim that they ahve always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices. But, aside from that, here's my question. If Landed Cost is in place and there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does this "add into" Current Cost? During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost Variance. Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, I just u...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Can I use cell contents to update footers in excel?
I want to create dynamic footers with information in a cell. Is there a way to do this? You'll need to use an Event Macro. One way: Put something like this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets ws.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text Next ws End Sub If you're not familiar with macros, take a look at David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros": http://www.mvps.org/d...

"Automated Client Updates" in GP9
The "Automated Client Updates" feature in GP9 requires the update to be either a .cnk or .msp file. Is there a way to put a "package" file in this format in order to use the feature to release new reports, modifier or vba changes? Thanks, Reid ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...