Troubleshooting - Active Desktop Recovery

When clicking on "Restore my Active Desktop"
the following error message appears
RUNDLL
ERROR LOADING c:\windows\azehobek.dll
The specified module could not be found

How does your question pertain to Windows Update?

I think you're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Roy Michaelson wrote:
> When clicking on "Restore my Active Desktop"
> the following error message appears
> RUNDLL
> ERROR LOADING c:\windows\azehobek.dll
> The specified module could not be found
0
PA
2/6/2010 5:44:46 PM

Roy Michaelson wrote:
> When clicking on "Restore my Active Desktop"
> the following error message appears
> RUNDLL
> ERROR LOADING c:\windows\azehobek.dll
> The specified module could not be found

Which Windows Update are you referring to?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan

Troubleshoot
I am find an error in this statement, and the error shown is "Application defined error or object defined error" ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(r + 64 + 0) & c).Formula = "=index(" & Chr(11 + 64) & "2:" & Chr(11 + 64) & (max_date) & ",match(" & Chr(1 + 64) & r & ",L2:L" & max_row & "))" The above statement basically used to match the data from one column with any column, corresponding to the indexed column. used for matching dates and times Could any one please solve this First, you can use oth...

Recurring desktop folder
Last week (1/20/10) I requested help w/ getting rid of a folder that keeps reappearing on my desktop. XP SP3, MS Word 2003. (I asked for further help on that thread but had no luck getting a response). One of the responses to my original dilemma was the following: "I don't know what's causing the problem but highly suspect you set that folder-name in Word 2003. Upon boot, preliminary software for MS Word is launched, then restores a folder it expects to see (in this case 'Compilation'). There's a good chance that by scanning the registry you may turn u...

exchsrvr in recovery mode
SBS2003 SP1 Exchange SP2. Using pop3 to collect mail from ISP. Do not host a domain. A couple of nights ago we had a storms and power outages. The server does not have a UPS (:() When the power came back on I could not mount the mailbox store or pub store. I ran eseutil and found the database was inconsistent (dirty). As this is only a lab more or less with just 2 WS's I had no backups. I decided to export my pst from inside outlook on the main WS, then delted all the files inside mdbdata. I could then mount the stores. I imported the data back in to outlook. But now when I st...

Want to lock desktop after waking from standby/hibernation
In all my experience, I have always seen XP wake up from either standby or hibernation and the desktop would be automatically locked. For some reason I have a user whose machine is not doing this. When he wakes it up from hibernation, it goes right back into his desktop. I got the same result waking it up from standby: right back to his desktop. How can this be toggled to lock desktop upon waking? Thanks in advance. On May 21, 8:33=A0am, yerk55 <yer...@gmail.com> wrote: > In all my experience, I have always seen XP wake up from either > standby or hibernation and the desk...

Need help on desktop programming
Hi, I am fairly new to VC and MFC. I need to extract the desktop wallpaper and theme name. Does SystemParametersInfo give the name of the theme as its spposed to give me the name of the desktop. Its not able to give it prolly coz i have the CE version installed and not the full SDK. If not what r my options to get theme name. Thanking you Regds Ritwik You could try querying the following registry key: HKEY_CURENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Plus!\Themes\Current also HKEY_???\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\InstalledThemes "Ritwik Samsi" <ritwikgs@yahoo.com...

Troubleshoot
Can someone help me with the following statement: =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. Thanks, Roy Try =AVERAGEIF(Range, ">" & NOW()-INT(NOW()) , Sum Range) "rwtrader" wrote: > Can someone help me with the following statement: > =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") > It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. > Thanks, Roy...

Looking for a way to sync outlook info between laptop and desktop
Hi all - Im looking for a solution to keep outlook (all aspects) in sync between a laptop and desktop. Ideally same application/asp woudl provide a file directory sync for both of them as well Any simple suggestions ? Beinsync was evaluated but it doesnt sync outlook information. Thank you! In news:1129641840.647000.305420@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, dmjost@gmail.com <dmjost@gmail.com> typed: > Hi all - > > Im looking for a solution to keep outlook (all aspects) in sync > between a laptop and desktop. > > Ideally same application/asp woudl provide a file dire...

Need Troubleshooting Tips
On SBS2003 w/Exchange, I have a user that has intermitent delivery failures. In most cases, there is no notification that that the email was not delivered. Here is an example: user A will log into OWA to send an email to an internal user B. To user A it looks as if the email has been sent, and a copy shows up in their Sent Items folder. User B does not recieve the email. This happens with both internal and external users, but sporadically. When I went to test it, it was working ok. This is only happening with one user. He has Outlook 2003 configured with 2 mail accounts, Excha...

multiple desktops
After I installed XP on my sons computer,I come to find out that he put 3 different desktop areas on the drive.One for him,one for me(guest) and an administrator. This setup is now causing problems because besides having basically 3 of everything,there are things I can't do from my area that have to be done from the admin.area,like download and install programs and hardware. My question is this-short of re-formatting the drive is there any way to combine all 3 areas into one? Thanks From: "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> | After I installed XP on my...

Exchange in Recovery Mode #4
I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have looked all over and can not find an answer. Thanks, Dwayne Sun Communications Inc. On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:29:21 -0800, Sun Communications <dwayne@suncommunicationsinc.com> wrote: >I'm SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user opens outlook while on the >network we get this message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode. Have >looked all over and can not find an answer. > >Thanks, > >Dwayne >Sun Communi...

Recovery Storage Group vs Brick level backup
I have read that brick level backups are not extremely reliable and from first hand use are extremely slow. I have read that by using a recovery storage group you can accomplish the same thing be restoring the whole store, exporting the mailbox (exmerge) and then recovering the mailbox. Is the RSG the recommended way to backup mailboxes and recover them? If so do I set up a RSG ahead of time or just in the event that I need to recover a mailbox? I am using exchange 2003 Ent, Windows 2003 Server and Veritas BE 9.1. Thanks. RSGs are great...my preferred method of recovering items that...

Troubleshooting SMTP delivery
I've setup a Perl sendmail script on a client's web server. The server is running Microsoft Exchange. The script runs fine, and using Sendmail's log feature, I get a confirmation that the message is queued for delivery: 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery But the message never makes it to its intended recipient. Where in Exchange should we be looking for the problem? (I'm the web developer and not familair with Exchange-- I'm working with the client's IT person to try to resolve the issue) Thanks, Kevin ...

Excel 2002 and Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager
This isn't a question, just a bug report I'd like to give to the community. Unlike Office for Mac, Office XP doesn't have the "user feedback" option, so I'll post here: The Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (available as a Windows XP Powertoy) and Excel 2002 don't mix. When running Excel on one desktop (non-shared was tried), leaving it up (not minimized), switching to another, and then back, causes all of Excel's toolbars, entry bars, and menu bars to disappear. All that is left is the worksheet, the scroll bars, the stuff on the bottom, and the title bar...

Missing Desktop Icon
I just upgraded to Office 2003. My outlook desktop icon is now gone, and I cannot see how to get it back. It does not show up in Tweak UI as an optional icon. There was no help from Microsoft either, suggesting only that I should make sure the Address Book is included in my install, which it already was. Any other suggestions? Is there a patch? I don't want to create a fake icon, I want the real thing. Chad is it in your start menu? If it is Right click and drag it to your desktop. If its not go to your install direct and right click and drag that. >-----Original Messag...

Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine
I am running 2 modules of Great Plains V6.0 and need to change from the Pervasive SQL2000 database to the Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine. I can download Release A from Microsoft's website but I cannot find how to transfer the data from Pervasive to Microsoft SQL. My questions are is Release A the download I need (it is a new install not updating an older version) and where can I find the transfer instructions. Thank you. Hi Bob, Are you upgrading to GP 7.5 on MSSQL? If so, MS should provide you with a CD with MSDE on it. I'm not sure which one to download. With either, be s...

Troubleshoot Performanceproblems
Hi, My E-mailsystem E2K and Outlook2002 have started to show a few performance problems. What is the best way to pinpoint this out. Sometimes a bar is coming up and tells me that data is retrieved from the exchangeserver. The servername that shows up is sometimes a mailboxserver, sometimes a GC. Any tips appreciated TIA /Mariah ...

Total Disaster Recovery
I am testing a complete disaster recovery solution in our test environment. The test is to recover Exchange mail boxes from our clustered environment, and restore then to a new server. For this test, the server we will restore to will be our clustered name. Lets call the AD box DC1 and the Exchange box EXCHD. I have rebuilt AD (WIN2k3 SP1 Enterprise), and have rebuilt and restored a system state on the Exchange 2003 (SP1) box. Next I restored one of our DB's to a storage group with the same name, to a DB with the same name, and it mounted fine. I reconnected a few mailboxes to their AD ac...

Mouse pointer becomes huge after doing stuff on desktop...
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 2 Gigabyte GA P55A UD3 Intel i5 750 2.67 ghz Powercolor Radeon 5850 These are what i am using, anybody else have the same issue? I tried Google but it wasn't that much of a help. -- ImTheSlime Anyone? -- ImTheSlime "ImTheSlime" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:fe2a525c344f7eed03f42d6a16c2a3d6@nntp-gateway.com... > > Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 2 > Gigabyte GA P55A UD3 > Intel i5 750 2.67 ghz > Powercolor Radeon 5850 > > These are what i am ...

Battery on Desktop?
OK, gonna try this another way ... Ine the Power Options panel on wife's pc, it now shows options for both Plugged In and Running On Battery. Even has a battery capacity screen. This is a desktop. No battery involved. Why the battery option? How do I fix this??? Control Panel - Power Options - Power Schemes - down arrow - Home/Office Desktop "chuck" <cciafNOSPAMfone@verizonNOSPAMk.net> wrote in message news:OV3$FH%23sKHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > OK, gonna try this another way ... > > Ine the Power Options panel on wife's pc, it no...

Remote Desktop Deployment
We have had good success deploying remote offices with Remote Desktop. The bonus here is only having to update the server, not a bunch of individual workstations. Also saved quite a bit of time on the installs (RDP rather than full blown GP install). Any reason not to deploy an installation entirely with RDP regardless of location? The only downside we see at this point is the additional $100 for the RDP license. Easily eaten up in installation time, plus can be passed to the client. -- Doug T I've seen good success with RDP too but since you asked about the downsides, - Th...

troubleshoot views in calendar
When in Calendar view, I like to use the month, and also at the right I like to see 6 months of the small calendar, as well as the task list below that. However, when I close Outlook and then open Outlook again, the calendar view goes back to showing just the month view. It won't seem to keep the view as I set it. I've looked everywhere I can think, but can't seem to find a fix. Can someone help? ...

Distribution List Troubleshooting
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. HELP!!!!! ...

Desktop Alert Suddenly Doesn't Work
I have used Outlook 2007 without problems for several years. Just this week, my desktop alert stopped working on all incoming mail. I have double checked my settings, and they are correct. I have also double checked my rules, and have marked all incoming mail to display a desktop alert. Also, when I go into "Advanced Email Options" and "Desktop Alert Settings" (where you can alter the way the alert looks) and press "preview", nothing happens. This makes me think it is something bigger than just an unchecked settings issue. Any help? If you ...

Process to troubleshoot Outlook hanging.
I have Outlook 2002 SP3. It frequently just hangs during send and receive. Particularly when it says it is "Selecting..." at the bottom. I use all IMAP accounts. Is there are series of step I can use to troubleshoot it? I have already ran Scanpst with no errors. Thanks, Mike ...

Troubleshooting Installation
Everytime I try to install Publisher 2003 when I click next on the window that gives you the option for a complete, typical or custom install, the window disappears. I have restarted my computer and have tried a 1000 times! Does anyone know what is wrong here?? Katie what version of Windows are you using??? Do you have a virus infection??? -- I have Windows XP Pro and I do not have a virus--I updated my definitions and scanned my computer. >-----Original Message----- >Katie what version of Windows are you using??? > >Do you have a virus infection??? > >-- > ...